PDA

View Full Version : 1949 Mercury Dwarf Car Video‏ - awesome!

Paul Anderson
February 26th, 2013, 07:11
http://www.varietyvideosllc.com/about2.html

Daveroo
February 26th, 2013, 08:16
now thats real "auto-art" ,awesome....sad thing is we are losing those kind of men with that kind of talent,todays young men want to have a computer powered robot do the work for them for the most part...not many real "craftsmen" left...i went to Joe Bailon's house one time,he lives in auburn..and he had a 49 or 50 ford convertable with out a floor in it,was gone from the firewall to the rear package tray.and from side to side...just nothing there..by the time his annual carshow came around at the gold country fair grounds.Kustom Kemps of America helps him...3 months had passed and the car had been finished and was ..well..sexy...BTW it was at one of those shows that i got to drive the famous...or infamous?..Cadzilla...it was parked on the grass near a burger booth,and they wanted it moved to a paved lot on the otherside of the grounds....at the time i was sitting in the drivers seat,the guy opens the passenger door..tells me who he is..then asked if i was sober and if i had a CDL,then said...fire this F&*^%$r up and lets move it...he let me make two circuits around the perimitor road and then park it again...this show gets some of the most famous cars in the custom cars world..like the herohito merc..and many many others..and there is no addmission fee to the public,the doors ,hoods,trunks are open...they let you sit in many of the cars to check them out...these are cars that are behind ropes and chains at the Autorama's..they just ask you empty your pockets.or put down a towel for the gals in short shorts.before boyd cottington died..he brought his cars..the ZZtop cars were there ( obviously)..but i mean the red coupe from the video too...and dozens of "lead sled" mercs from all over the US and Canada come...its september 21-22 2013...gold country fair grounds,,auburn california