PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia B-45

FlameOut
February 25th, 2013, 15:02
Looks like some work has begun....

http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_B-45.html

Sundog
February 25th, 2013, 16:48
FINALLY!!!! I've wanted one of these for so long. Now if I could also get a 1/48 scale kit from the model makers that would be even better. I don't need another model kit of a 109!!!

They had an article on this in Airpower Review I think. The author referred to it as the first stealth bomber, because nobody seems to remember it. ;)

tommieboy
February 25th, 2013, 18:04
NICE........:mixedsmi:

Tommy

Geomitrak
February 25th, 2013, 19:52
Very nice! My first Virtavia ( as opposed to Alphasim ) purchase, I think.

Sundog
March 26th, 2013, 14:55
FYI, VC pics posted there now.

Geomitrak
March 27th, 2013, 12:17
Thanks. I like the internal structure, but as far as the pilot's panel is concerned, I'll reassure myself for now with ' Don't worry, its WIP'. I hope it will eventually match the standards of Milviz and Razbam.

Sundog
March 27th, 2013, 18:14
Thanks. I like the internal structure, but as far as the pilot's panel is concerned, I'll reassure myself for now with ' Don't worry, its WIP'. I hope it will eventually match the standards of Milviz and Razbam.

I doubt it will meet the others standards, but I don't mind, because I don't know anyone else that would take on a B-45.

fsafranek
March 27th, 2013, 19:47
I doubt it will meet the others standards, but I don't mind, because I don't know anyone else that would take on a B-45.
Very true. The unusual subjects are what made Alphasim.
:ernae:

Geomitrak
March 27th, 2013, 20:58
Very true. The unusual subjects are what made Alphasim.
:ernae:

Agreed; that aspect of Alphasim is very sorely missed. I'll get this Tornado whatever, just to show the love.

dvj
March 27th, 2013, 21:23
The VC looks like an FS9 portover. Not up to today's standards. The skins look excellent. But more and more the new sims are raising the bar on the VC. One has to wonder how much market there is for a B-45. A much more important aircraft, the B-58 in native FSX, is still missing.

d

DaveQ
March 28th, 2013, 06:40
The VC looks like an FS9 portover. Not up to today's standards. The skins look excellent. But more and more the new sims are raising the bar on the VC. One has to wonder how much market there is for a B-45. A much more important aircraft, the B-58 in native FSX, is still missing.

d

I agree, Alphasim could always be relied upon to come up with interesting unusual offerings (the F-89 for instance). But the Tornado is a bit too left-field for my tastes. Last I heard, the B-58 was still being worked on, though how far it's got I don't know.

DaveQ

hschuit
March 28th, 2013, 07:05
I agree, Alphasim could always be relied upon to come up with interesting unusual offerings (the F-89 for instance). But the Tornado is a bit too left-field for my tastes. Last I heard, the B-58 was still being worked on, though how far it's got I don't know.

DaveQ
David Bushell is still working on the FSX B-58, when it is ready I guess it will be sold under his own Glowing Heat (http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/) brand thru vendors like FS Pilot Shop.

Geomitrak
March 28th, 2013, 12:00
One has to wonder how much market there is for a B-45. A much more important aircraft, the B-58 in native FSX, is still missing.

'Important' is fine, but 'unusual' and 'neglected' have their own virtues too. :)

CWOJackson
March 28th, 2013, 12:17
I've always found transitional aircraft, created during major changes in design and technology, interesting. The B-45 is a classic in that regard.

Rubberlegs
March 28th, 2013, 12:39
Wow!...no need to try and sell me on this one..A B-45 is a 'for sure' buy...!It's Cold War Hardware and
that's good enough for me. Now as for the following quote.....
"'Important' is fine, but 'unusual' and 'neglected' have their own virtues too".
If one wants something Important, Unusual and Neglected...what about the
Soviet YAK-28 Brewer-Firebar-Maestro Twin-Engined series to go along with
the B-45.?? Never come across a Yak-28, going all the way back to my FS95 days.
Sure would be a treat.."like extra froth on top of a dark Stout.!"

Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky !
Walt

icycle
March 28th, 2013, 13:03
Totally agree. a sure buy for me too!

The more "Cold War-era" the better. The whole RB-45 experience out of Sculthorpe, partner with RAF, pre-Aquatone (CIA U2) was always intriguing. After all, maybe, just maybe, we could see a B-52B to B-52F follow on, with a KC-135A thrown in for good measure, down the road. (grew up watching unpainted planes!)

But that is probably just a FSX-dream....

Bill

delta_lima
March 28th, 2013, 14:07
My take:

"Important", in the context of a hobby subject, is as futile a term as it is subjective. No one is debating this aircraft's historical or military significance. If and how the developer chooses to monetise the business case for the plane's market success is their purvue - not mine. I view the Alabeo GeeBee and Flying Stations Gull in a similar light. I'll never buy them, since they're not my personal cup of tea. But the fact that someone out there is thrilled to bits because their funny little dream plane finally got moddelled - reflects the kind of passion and curiousity that this hobby needs more of.

Personally, I don't have a single shred of personal interest in the B-45 - yet, it is just that - my personal inclination. Nevertheless, rather than rue the fact that the planes to my personal fancy are not being modelled (and it happens that one of those is the Hustler), I'm instead happy to give kudos to any developer who doesn't decide to model yet another F-18, yet another F-15, yet another Boeing airliner, or yet another Spitire, etc.

Why? Because it is from the developers of these "oddball" aircraft from whom I one day stand a chance to one day see planes I do like, even if this particular model doesn't happen to be one of them.

So bravo - bring it on, and others like it, Virtavia.

DL

PS - Walt, yes - like you, I'd be over the moon with a Yak-28R - with that honkin' big pointy glazed nose ... I certainly won't bet on it - but it's certainly on the dream list!!

Rubberlegs
March 28th, 2013, 14:29
ICYCLE !

..bit of a follow on....but saw a B-45 (RB-45?) once back in 1958-59 (?) parked in a very lonely spot at Ramstein AFB Germany. Actually thought it may have been a decoy or slated for Fire-fighting duties at the time as it looked so forlorn. .....had to look it up to make an I.D. Things were advancing so quickly that the B-45 had a very short production and service life. That's what made the Cold-War Era so interesting...Av-Tech was advancing so fast, no sooner get operational and it's replacement was rolling out of the factory hangers.

Fly high..Punch Holes in the Sky !
Walt

delta_lima
March 28th, 2013, 14:40
Paul Lashmar wrote a great book on the early Cold War recce flights from the UK:

http://www.amazon.ca/Spyflights-Cold-War-Paul-Lashmar/dp/0750919701

Surprisingly detailed coverage of operatoins rarely discussed, likely due to the overwhelming weight of the the documentation of the U-2 and SR-71 operations that would follow. It places into perspective the reality that Cold War spy flights didn't start with Gary Powers.

DL

icycle
March 29th, 2013, 11:30
B-45 is Out.

Benn flying the RB-45C version around. Seems to be without serius vices. VC is pretty basic, b ut overall have had fun with it..

Bill

TheGrunt
March 29th, 2013, 11:39
B-45 is Out.

Benn flying the RB-45C version around. Seems to be without serius vices. VC is pretty basic, b ut overall have had fun with it..

Bill

VC is the only turn off for me based on the screenies. There sure are lot of different crew positions etc. modeled which is a huge positive, but otherwise it looks pretty "FS9" resembling their old and recently republished B-36. How are the systems?

Bill Kestell
March 29th, 2013, 12:24
icycle ... who's selling it? I didn't see it at two of my favorite haunts.

Sundog
March 29th, 2013, 13:25
icycle ... who's selling it? I didn't see it at two of my favorite haunts.

I see it at Simmarket (buying now). :)

icycle
March 29th, 2013, 14:31
yup.

Simmarket. Not a pretty VC, but that is very secondary to me. Not a super-intense "fly it by the manual" type of aircraft. So if that is your desire, might be a letdown. I'm just enjoying touring around the UK with it...

I'm satisfied thus far.

Bill

dvj
March 29th, 2013, 14:50
My take:

"Important", in the context of a hobby subject, is as futile a term as it is subjective. No one is debating this aircraft's historical or military significance. If and how the developer chooses to monetise the business case for the plane's market success is their purvue - not mine. I view the Alabeo GeeBee and Flying Stations Gull in a similar light. I'll never buy them, since they're not my personal cup of tea. But the fact that someone out there is thrilled to bits because their funny little dream plane finally got moddelled - reflects the kind of passion and curiousity that this hobby needs more of.

Personally, I don't have a single shred of personal interest in the B-45 - yet, it is just that - my personal inclination. Nevertheless, rather than rue the fact that the planes to my personal fancy are not being modelled (and it happens that one of those is the Hustler), I'm instead happy to give kudos to any developer who doesn't decide to model yet another F-18, yet another F-15, yet another Boeing airliner, or yet another Spitire, etc.

Why? Because it is from the developers of these "oddball" aircraft from whom I one day stand a chance to one day see planes I do like, even if this particular model doesn't happen to be one of them.

So bravo - bring it on, and others like it, Virtavia.

DL

PS - Walt, yes - like you, I'd be over the moon with a Yak-28R - with that honkin' big pointy glazed nose ... I certainly won't bet on it - but it's certainly on the dream list!!

Oh please, we need another 737. :icon_lol:

delta_lima
March 29th, 2013, 15:20
Oh please, we need another 737. :icon_lol:

I'm with you there - ideally of the NG variety. Though you have agree, we're a little thin on 767s, are we not? :ernae: :icon_lol:

DL

Sundog
March 29th, 2013, 16:53
Now if I could just get a model company to make one of these in 1/48 along with an A3 Savage. I don't need another 1/48 P-51, Me-109, or Spitfire! Unless it's a 1/48 P-51H, F-82, or Seafire Mk.47. Other than those three....ugggghhhh.

Now, back to flying.

Bill Kestell
March 29th, 2013, 18:26
Thanks, guys ... downloading NOW!

tommieboy
March 29th, 2013, 19:03
Thanks, guys ... downloading NOW!

Me too.......:cool:

TARPSBird
March 29th, 2013, 20:34
Those of you who have purchased the B-45, please post a few screenshots, including the RB-45. I always like to see pics of a new plane being flown by purchasers, in addition to the pics on the company's website.

If one wants something Important, Unusual and Neglected...what about the Soviet YAK-28 Brewer-Firebar-Maestro Twin-Engined series to go along with the B-45??? Never come across a Yak-28, going all the way back to my FS95 days.
Walt

Walt, I agree 100%, the Yak-28 variants have really been ignored in FS. I'd also like to see the "two turnin', one burnin'" USN AJ Savage done in FSX, both the bomber and recce versions.

Jafo
March 29th, 2013, 20:43
Me too puts his hand up for a Yak-28 ....

...but I'd pay serious coin for a high-class F-105D [in state-of-the-art modelling].

Meanwhile...other 'vintage tin' like this one is where the fun is, hence my infatuation with the Tu-114...and the 58 ....and the truly obscure.....the Avro Vigilant ...;)

Ferry_vO
March 30th, 2013, 03:32
Interesting aircraft and good to see Virtavia going back to their Alphasim roots!
Compared to the few photos I found on the net, the cockpit doesn't look too bad! The real thing had a flat panel with gauges bolted on too it appears. Yes, there's a whole lot of green in there but it appears authentic to me. With only three surviving aircraft left, getting good info must be difficult, but at least they've made one!

dvj
March 30th, 2013, 18:00
Well.............. I didn't say I wouldn't buy it. :icon_lol: The skins are quite nice and I can live the the VC. Looks great. (FSX, Shade, texture max load 2048). I still have a big time desire for a "Milviz quality level" B-58 for FSX.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8931/b45r.jpg

dvj
March 30th, 2013, 18:15
And a little bit different crop showing a bit of nose detail.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4131/b452crop.jpg

tommieboy
March 30th, 2013, 18:42
......The skins are quite nice and I can live the the VC. Looks great.....

Same here.....

It is a nice addition to my B-36 Peacemaker and B-47 Stratojet fleet.

Now if we could only get a FSX native B-50 Superfortress.......:cool:

Tommy

centuryseries
March 31st, 2013, 01:08

d

while not Milviz quality the Hustler has been worked on considerably recently including 3d gauges in the cockpit.

I have not put up any screenshots yet as it is still very much work in progress. But it is getting there now I have more time to work.

noddy
March 31st, 2013, 08:44
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1387/31866239.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/31866239.jpg/)

noddy
March 31st, 2013, 08:45
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8966/451qr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/451qr.jpg/)

aeronca1
March 31st, 2013, 08:49
Me too puts his hand up for a Yak-28 ....

Count me in on the Yak-28 as well! I love the "sinister" look of Soviet/Russian aircraft of that era!!!!! I'd also like to see a FSX/P3D MiG-3.

noddy
March 31st, 2013, 12:50
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9449/61247295.jpg

hae5904
March 31st, 2013, 14:12
A YAK-28 sounds interesting and yes virtually non existent in the FS world. About Cold War "bombers" , I wish someone can build an ERB-47H Stratojet.......

Hank

dvj
March 31st, 2013, 16:20
Great Screenies Noddy!

delta_lima
April 1st, 2013, 08:27
Nice shots DVJ and Noddy!

dl

hschuit
April 8th, 2013, 08:49
For Shockwave landing/taxi lights, add these lines to the aircraft.cfg [lights] section :

light.9 = 6, 18.06, 0, -5.00, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old
light.10= 5, 14.00,-15, 0.00, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old

And this line to the panel.cfg [Vcockpit01] :

gauge67=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_taxi_gear, 10,10,10,10

tommieboy
April 8th, 2013, 09:22
For Shockwave landing/taxi lights, add these lines to the aircraft.cfg [lights] section......

Thanks for the coordinates!.....:cool:

Just tested it and noticed that I don't have

fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old

but I do have

fx_shockwave_landing_light_small

So I just edited my light section accordingly.

Tommy