PDA

View Full Version : ickie TV

Ickie
January 7th, 2009, 16:48
for days I have worked my butt off making vista produce live video stream
go to www.ickie.net and at bottom of page watch me watch TV,
I want to see if this crashes when too many people stream me.

Ickie
January 7th, 2009, 17:03
going offline to make adjustments

Ickie
January 7th, 2009, 17:08
back online

Navy Chief
January 7th, 2009, 17:19
no picture in live stream box

Henry
January 7th, 2009, 17:20
trying taking a long while to load
XP
H

simkid22
January 7th, 2009, 17:21
Same here

Henry
January 7th, 2009, 17:24
still a no go
H

N2056
January 7th, 2009, 17:26
I gave it 2 minutes...no go

Ickie
January 7th, 2009, 17:28
maybe this program needs to go in the trash, at liest i figured how to stream

Ickie
January 7th, 2009, 17:32
here is a much smaller screen

Navy Chief
January 7th, 2009, 17:39
Nope, nothing:wavey:

Ickie
January 7th, 2009, 17:47
offline for now

GT182
January 7th, 2009, 18:05
And here I thought I'd get to see you sitting back watchin the boob tube and trying to stay awake. ;) :costumes:

cheezyflier
January 7th, 2009, 18:16
dude! you're sellin the ural? i hope everything is ok with you

Lionheart
January 7th, 2009, 18:57
Nothing here Ickie..

Man, that Ural is one sharp looking beauty.. Had never seen pictures of the famous German WWII bike that you guys had always talked about...

Bill

TARPSBird
January 7th, 2009, 19:09
No video when I try, Ickie.

Milton Shupe
January 7th, 2009, 19:40
Wunderground seems to stream data so much that I can't even click on the video stream. :-/

hey_moe
January 8th, 2009, 03:52
No go for me.

GT182
January 8th, 2009, 05:10
Ron, with the price of gas going back up, you might want to rethink selling the Ural and hang on to it. With the sidecar it's a great grocery getter. ;) And down there you can drive it almost year round. :mixedsmi:

Snuffy
January 8th, 2009, 05:29
Gave Ickie TV a go last night too ... waited almost a full 5 minutes. :(

No Joy. :help:

Ickie
January 8th, 2009, 07:31
Ok I changed ISP's verizon is blocking all my ports.

I am off the air till next week.

smilo
January 8th, 2009, 07:52
ain't verizon a peach of a provider?
my brother hassled with them last week for 2 hours over his sevice location transfer.
it seems they can cut service in a heartbeat, but it takes forever to turn it back on.
I have an appointment today between 1 and 4 to get it hooked up at his new house.
we shall see how that goes.

cheezyflier
January 8th, 2009, 08:27
i had verizon for phone service before i got married. i had a long distance plan, anywhere in n.. america, $12/month. i got sick and went into the hospital for several months. of course, they terminated my service. no biggie.
when i eventually came home, i called them to restart my service. i went through my old account with them over the phone and they listed all the options i had. i told them i wanted the same exact package. they said ok, and voila, i had telephone again. i spent the next month calling toronto and talking with my fiance' everynight on the phone. when the bill came it was $1200!!!!!! i called verizon right away because obviously, there was some mistake. apparently they never signed me up for long distance that i had before. even though the customer service rep specifically mentioned it along with the other features i had. i talked to every supervisor who would speak to me and no one would work with me. i made them an offer. i told them i would pay $200/month on top of my bill till it was paid off. they said that wasn't good enough because after 90 days, my bill would still be 90 days out. i told them they had a choice. they could accept my offer, and keep me as a customer (which i thought was more than fair) or i would switch to AT&T who was $15/month cheaper, and never ever give verizon one penny of their $$. they chose option B. i've never given them a dime in the past 4 years, and i never will. 3 more years and it won't be on my credit anymore. they can kiss my big (not as) fat (as it used to be) behind.

Lionheart
January 8th, 2009, 09:14
i had verizon for phone service before i got married. i had a long distance plan, anywhere in n.. america, $12/month. i got sick and went into the hospital for several months. of course, they terminated my service. no biggie.
when i eventually came home, i called them to restart my service. i went through my old account with them over the phone and they listed all the options i had. i told them i wanted the same exact package. they said ok, and voila, i had telephone again. i spent the next month calling toronto and talking with my fiance' everynight on the phone. when the bill came it was $1200!!!!!! i called verizon right away because obviously, there was some mistake. apparently they never signed me up for long distance that i had before. even though the customer service rep specifically mentioned it along with the other features i had. i talked to every supervisor who would speak to me and no one would work with me. i made them an offer. i told them i would pay $200/month on top of my bill till it was paid off. they said that wasn't good enough because after 90 days, my bill would still be 90 days out. i told them they had a choice. they could accept my offer, and keep me as a customer (which i thought was more than fair) or i would switch to AT&T who was $15/month cheaper, and never ever give verizon one penny of their $$. they chose option B. i've never given them a dime in the past 4 years, and i never will. 3 more years and it won't be on my credit anymore. they can kiss my big (not as) fat (as it used to be) behind.

Alltel did something like that to me, via a very hot, angry woman on the other end who evidently had one bad day. I never called them again, never gave them a cent.

They didnt keep their end of the deal, I was paid up with them, and they told me I owed them more...

I think all cell phone companies pull scams.. Who else can give out bills for well over $1,000.00???? Who????

I hear my brother in the other room all the time yelling at Sprint because they are always restarting charges for text messaging, and internet, and everything else.. Always he is telling them he has never ordered it, never uses it, etc, etc... Always scamming him....

Bill

Ickie
January 8th, 2009, 10:14
Verizon is the cause of my 40 hours work and they even lied to me on the phone on the cause, than I found out they were just trying to sell me a static IP for 45 dollars a month plus an tech support for 15 more dollars

I got all the above plus more than double the speed plus an IP for 50 dollars a month.

since I am canceling my phone also and going with my magic jack I am actually saving 20 dollars a month

Henry
January 8th, 2009, 10:54
I am off the air till next week.
Darn ive been waiting for the new season of
Ickie tv
i guess ill have to wait
good luck
H:woot:

Snuffy
January 8th, 2009, 14:10
When do we get reruns?

GT182
January 8th, 2009, 14:42
I used to have AT&T but they too lied. Phone sevice including regional longdistance for 59.99. What they wouldn't tell was the taxes and surcharges would almost double the bill. When Vonage started I jumped ship with AT&T. I've never looked back.... long distance anywhere in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico is free. Plus I can even call areas of Europe for free. Monthly bill is 24.99 plus a federal tax. Total is around 29.00/month including any taxes.

I've seen the Magic Jack ads and honestly I'm a bit skeptical. I've never heard anyone having it, except Ron now. Gotta hear how it works out for awhile before I switch. Ron, at least you'll have phone service for a year for only 39.99 if you got it off the tv ad.

Just thought of this.... It won't be long before Comcast, Verison and AT&T start begging for a bailout. Everyone they have is going to start jumping ship. :costumes:

Ickie
January 8th, 2009, 15:12
I have used it for about 9 months, and its 40 dollar start up which gives you 1 year, than its 60 dollars for 5 years or 20 a year your choice.
I had to put it on an old dell computer so it would not chatter when i talked, it loves the old 1.8 ghz dell with 1 gig of memory and no other program bogging it down. I have 3 phones hocked to it and it works near flawless.

Kofschip
January 8th, 2009, 15:41
Ickie, your hairdo is the same as mine, except mine is white..:whistle: