PDA

View Full Version : Napalm Bats

Desert Rat
January 7th, 2009, 14:53
Guys,

just watched a program on the box that says that the US planned to use these as a weapons against the Japanese. Omce you've stopped laughing, here me out!!

Apparently the Bats were fitted with Napalm waistcoats, dropped over enemy towns by night. Daybreak causes the bats to seek shelter, in the eves of the towns houses, buildings, etc. Fuse it set to dtonate soon after....

you get the idea.

Apparently, never used as on the trials the wind changed and the bats roosted back on the US base instead of the mock target. Ouch!!

Maybe dolphins would be better :d?

Jamie

Desert Rat
January 7th, 2009, 15:01
and apparently the russians used explosive dogs against enemy tanks, also backfired as they ran back to the russian tanks instead of across the battlefield to the enemy, whodda thought!!

Allen
January 7th, 2009, 15:08
and apparently the russians used explosive dogs against enemy tanks, also backfired as they ran back to the russian tanks instead of across the battlefield to the enemy, whodda thought!!

The dogs did work too but the german started to kill them before they could get close.

Tango_Romeo
January 7th, 2009, 16:46
...and there were the cockroaches in VN. However, the people who thought-up all of the aforementioned disappeared shortly thereafter. :gossip:

Collin
January 8th, 2009, 00:13
And not forgetting the pigeon guided rocket.:costumes:

regards Collin:Banane35:

miamieagle
January 8th, 2009, 05:17
No! His right the USA was planning to use Bats attach with explosive as a weapon against Japan late in the war. They never did use them but it was feasable according to experiments they carry out during the war. :woot:

I saw it in a History Channel program they gave a while back call Secret wierd Weapons of WW2.

Shessi
January 8th, 2009, 06:19
.....and the stealth suicide slugs. Nasty things but took a very loooong time to get into an attack position......:caked:

:focus:

Cheers Shessi

Emil Frand
January 8th, 2009, 12:07
i saw that bat bomb show too, it would have worked, bats escaped during the process and burnt part of the us base down. it was ready to go when tey dropped the nuke so the bats werent needed anymore.