PDA

View Full Version : Bad Brad,nascar brass clash?

Daveroo
February 23rd, 2013, 07:36
Brad did an interview with USA Today,and after it was published..nascar brass called him in and they had a "talk",jayski's page says there doesnt seem to be a penalty forth coming..and after reading the story...i for one see nothing wrong with what he said,which brings up a question for me...i drove hobby stocks,sprint cars,and late models at roseville's all american speedway under "NASCAR" saction and rules..i never signed a contract that forbid me to speak out against nascar..or CSRA...or when i signed the waviers with the original WOO,there was nothing stating i had to be vanila when talking about the "sport".everything i ever signed had to do with reliese of liability for insurance issues..

so does the currant NASCAR body require drivers/owners/crewmen ect to NOT bad mouth or otherwise talk badly about nascar in public?..do they have a requirment to speak nicey nice at all times?...if so..i have a HUGE problem with that...yes i know NASCAR is owned by a family/corp/LLC whatever..its not like the elks or rotoy club..but still....to tell your people what they can and can not do,or say in public..when the public is what makes your business flow...seems a bit communistic to me..."control your people for a better world"

heres brads news artical

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/02/21/how-brad-keselowski-would-change-nascar/1937443/

stansdds
February 23rd, 2013, 07:53
I wouldn't say it's communistic, just totalitarian. I have no idea if teams sign some sort of contract that limits their freedom of speech in NASCAR, but seeing as how anyone in a team that says anything less than stellar about NASCAR gets called to the principal's office makes me wonder.

Terry
February 23rd, 2013, 08:29
There is a catch-all phrase in the rule book which I'll paraphrase. Thou shalt not do or say anything detrimental to stock car racing under penalty of losing your NASCAR drivers credentials. As a driver or owner you automatically agree to these rules whenever you enter a race.