PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Ki-30_Ann.zip

oldwheat
February 20th, 2013, 18:45
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/449713614179504768.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Japanese

Description: This is a major upgrade of the original Aerocrate Ki 30 Ann by Gary Aumaugher done by Allen Downey (See his read me for details). I have included a cut-down version of the Metaldreams (Carlos Magelhaes) Japanese bombs which he gave his permission to use some time ago. They fit much better in Ann's bomb bay than the stock bombs. The camoflage texture was done by myself based on Allen's texture, while the green & gray ones were done by Allen. The result is a top notch 'target' aircraft which also is not too shabby as a player aircraft. Anyone who feels compelled to make more skins should feel free to do so, the more the merrier Allen's template is included in the main texture folder. Thanks Gary A. for the source files & permission to do the upgrade.

Have fun,

Oldwheat

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Mitsubishi Ki-30_Ann.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=15435&catid=53)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
February 21st, 2013, 02:43
Oldwheat and Allen,

This is quite an accomplishment! Well done by both of you! :ernae:

Jagdflieger
February 21st, 2013, 07:08
Good plane to update! The Ki 30 saw plenty of action over China and the Philippines early in the war.

gaucho_59
February 21st, 2013, 09:28
Good plane to update! The Ki 30 saw plenty of action over China and the Philippines early in the war.

I got going this morning and re-did the rather basic 2D panel that comes with it...
I anyone wants to use the bmp... just drop me a line...

bearcat241
February 21st, 2013, 12:42
Got it...thanks guys...and gaucho_59, great looking stuff...i'm sending my email via PM.

CheerZ all!

Maxstuka
February 21st, 2013, 16:46
Exelente model !!. breaking part and nice VC. The old model was complet!.

:applause::applause:

Allen
February 21st, 2013, 22:13
Thanks all! Most the work was done by Gary. It was in vary good shape when I converted it to gMax. Just a tad hight in poly count, 7000+ compared to most CFS2 aircraft are 5000 to 6000 for single engine aircraft.I got the poly count down down to 6000ish by the time I was done doing every thing for the main model. Doing LODs was to bad as well.

Maxstuka
February 22nd, 2013, 16:03
Thanks all! Most the work was done by Gary. It was in vary good shape when I converted it to gMax. Just a tad hight in poly count, 7000+ compared to most CFS2 aircraft are 5000 to 6000 for single engine aircraft.I got the poly count down down to 6000ish by the time I was done doing every thing for the main model. Doing LODs was to bad as well.

Hi allen!
Please ,rework the P-43 Lancer or Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden G-max by Krzysztof Malinowski.This models have not breaking tails and wings.:blind:
P-43 is a freeware downloable in fsds2 you can get this in google, searching or in simviation

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Aircraft-83-64

Allen
February 22nd, 2013, 19:43
The P-43 by David Eckert read me dosn't say any thing about changing/modding. The Krzysztof Malinowski Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden says

Limited Copyright:
This package is FREEWARE but:
- You are free to do any freeware work with these files.
- You MUST keep a copy of this file "Original.txt" with any redistribution of these files.
- You dont need to ask permission or special authorization or any of that as long as "Original.txt" file is in your package.
- These files are NOT to be used on any payware sites, payware projects, or freeware sites requiring paid access.

So it looks like I can try to port the J2M3 back to gMax and update it.

Jagdflieger
February 22nd, 2013, 20:09
Glad you're on it Allen.

Krzysztof's Raiden is a great plane for late war action over the Home Islands.

Maxstuka
February 22nd, 2013, 21:04
The P-43 by David Eckert read me dosn't say any thing about changing/modding. The Krzysztof Malinowski Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden says

Limited Copyright:
This package is FREEWARE but:
- You are free to do any freeware work with these files.
- You MUST keep a copy of this file "Original.txt" with any redistribution of these files.
- You dont need to ask permission or special authorization or any of that as long as "Original.txt" file is in your package.
- These files are NOT to be used on any payware sites, payware projects, or freeware sites requiring paid access.

So it looks like I can try to port the J2M3 back to gMax and update it.

This j2m3 is the best to add like the stock microsoft model, is nice for flying and ia. therer are nice skins for it.
If you can update it,get to the model a better center in the view models menu to look more like the stock models, the model was shifter of the aircraft center.
and ofcourse, add breaking tail and wings. hehehehe :jump::jump:

You get a exelent work to G4M1 Betty, the last update say

Version 3A, External view has the floor of cockpit's lowed and legs added to the pilots.This is a very nice upgrade but the OH G4M2 need the same update to mach, the stock floor in stock model is really bad, pilot body was cut for the floor.:mixedsmi:

Sorry for my bad inglish, I speak spanish.!!And thanks for your works.:salute:

Allen
February 23rd, 2013, 21:55
Got the j2m3 imported. It is going to take some time as I have to link a lot of parts together. The breaking wings and tail is simple.

Rami
February 24th, 2013, 03:39
Good morning,

You know...Akemi did a very nice J2M3 Raiden as well: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/hago/hangar2.htm (Near the bottom of the page)

Maxstuka
February 24th, 2013, 06:00
Good morning,

You know...Akemi did a very nice J2M3 Raiden as well: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/hago/hangar2.htm (Near the bottom of the page)

Hi rami !.
This model is very heavy to use for target or large quantities.It is not like stock models style.

kelticheart
February 25th, 2013, 01:49
Hi OW and Allen! :wavey:

I am doing my small contribution to this project and I replaced the payloads with better looking Thicko's D4Y wing pylons & 250/60 kg Japanese bombs.

While doing it, I noticed a curious texture behavior. When I change payloads back and forth, to test the hardpoint variations, through the upper menu "modify/change aircraft" option, the Ann comes back displaying the left half of her textures at a much lower resolution. While the right half remains perfectly ok.
The only way to get her back to normal is exhiting Free Flight, choose and load another aircraft, exhit FF again and select the Ann once again. Then the problem comes back as soon as a payload variation is selected. I never witnessed such a bizarre display behaviour before. Perhaps a problem in the new demirrored feature?

If I did not make myself clear enough, I'll take some screeshots and post them later on.

Apart from this problem, let me thank you both for overhauling a nice historical plane which, before your update, gave a rather poor framerate peformance due to her lack of a multi-LOD mdl.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

kelticheart
February 25th, 2013, 02:33
I got going this morning and re-did the rather basic 2D panel that comes with it...
I anyone wants to use the bmp... just drop me a line...

Excellent 2D panel Gaucho_59!

I am interested, why don't you upload it to SOH library?

Cheers!

oldwheat
February 25th, 2013, 07:02
Hi OW and Allen! :wavey:

I am doing my small contribution to this project and I replaced the payloads with better looking Thicko's D4Y wing pylons & 250/60 kg Japanese bombs.

While doing it, I noticed a curious texture behavior. When I change payloads back and forth, to test the hardpoint variations, through the upper menu "modify/change aircraft" option, the Ann comes back displaying the left half of her textures at a much lower resolution. While the right half remains perfectly ok.
The only way to get her back to normal is exhiting Free Flight, choose and load another aircraft, exhit FF again and select the Ann once again. Then the problem comes back as soon as a payload variation is selected. I never witnessed such a bizarre display behaviour before. Perhaps a problem in the new demirrored feature?

If I did not make myself clear enough, I'll take some screeshots and post them later on.

Apart from this problem, let me thank you both for overhauling a nice historical plane which, before your update, gave a rather poor framerate peformance due to her lack of a multi-LOD mdl.

Cheers!

Thanks Stefano,
I wanted to make good use of the bomb bay. Stockers were just too large. Did Ann use wing ordnance also
I noticed the wonky texture behavior also. Even on the main model but wrote it off as a PC glitch ?

Gaucho_59
If you still have my Email, send the panel over & I'll have Rami paste it in the download.

kelticheart
February 25th, 2013, 23:47
Thanks Stefano,
I wanted to make good use of the bomb bay. Stockers were just too large. Did Ann use wing ordnance also
I noticed the wonky texture behavior also. Even on the main model but wrote it off as a PC glitch ?

Gaucho_59
If you still have my Email, send the panel over & I'll have Rami paste it in the download.

Hi OW!

I discovered that the main culprit action to screw the textures, at least on my pc, is switching from full screen to the program run inside of a window (Alt+Enter). Yesterday switching back and forth caused the entire skin to be displayed totally blurred.

But even when the Ann is displayed normally there are some strange things going on. If you look closely at the attached screenies, you'll see that the carburator/oil cooler intakes on the engine cowl are displayed half black and half grey. I guess we shouldn't be so picky with an aircraft that 99% of the times will provide only a good target! ;)

The attached pics show the Ann with Thicko's bombs, the full prop and the single blade blurred textures of my new updated stock Japanese early-war prop disc, used by the Ann. As soon as I'll have ready the late-war, dark brown version I'll upload them to complete the set for The B24Guy's overhauled Betty and George.

I'll upload props and dp as soon as I'll have the gauge-controlled exahust effect for the Ki-30 ready.

Cheers!

Allen
February 26th, 2013, 00:03
That is the texture. Change to the Green or Gray texture inclued with plane.

bearcat241
February 26th, 2013, 00:32
I just dumped the mipmaps from the textures and reformatted in DXT3 alpha. The mipmaps are the biggest cause of the problem. Tricked out Gaucho's bmp for a fresh look also.

oldwheat
February 26th, 2013, 01:58
I can't see any mipmaps in the textures that I downloaded ( at least according to DXTbmp) but it looks as if DXT3 should be the way to go if it solves the problem..

dombral
February 26th, 2013, 03:44
I can't see any mipmaps in the textures that I downloaded ( at least according to DXTbmp) but it looks as if DXT3 should be the way to go if it solves the problem..

I propose this skins for Ki 30 : 2 for Ki30 16th sentai Philippines 1942 8190781906

3 for Ki30 Thailand 1940 42 819088190981910

oldwheat
February 26th, 2013, 10:18
Here are fixed BMPs for the main texture. Just copy them in & let them overwrite. Rami, could you place them in the download itself?

Dombral,
Those appear to be the skins that you did for the Seybolt Ann. Perhaps you could adapt them to the new KI-30.

Rami
February 27th, 2013, 11:07
Oldwheat,

Done. :salute:

oldwheat
February 27th, 2013, 11:18
Thanks Rami!!

kelticheart
February 28th, 2013, 00:07
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

As promised, I just uploaded an updated set of 3-blade propeller textures for the Ki-30.

Included two blurred prop textures to choose from and an alternative dp file with:

- stock payloads replaced with Thicko's D4Y Suisei 250/60kg GP bombs and wing pylons;
- an additional salvo payload for the Heavy (250kg + 2 x 60kg) Bomb array;
- Green Ghost's style gauge-controlled exhaust effect.

Besides, you will find an airfile with Moment of Inertia Values data (record #1001) reduced 50%, for improved computer-controlled aircrafts (AI) behaviour. You can find it in the "CFS2-Other" section.

Enjoy!

To Allen/OW: What's the key combo to open the cockpit canopy? The usual Ctrl+W doesn't work on my pc. Thank you!

kelticheart
February 28th, 2013, 01:35
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/367913620421279719.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Other Add-Ons

Description: Alternative propeller blurred discs, damage profile and exhaust effects for Aerocrate/Gary Aumaugher's Mitsubishi Ki-30 "Ann", overhauled by SOH's members Allen and Old Wheat. Please, download the overhauled model first, as this pack will not fit the early version.

- Both full disc and single blade textures to choose from;
- stock payload array replaced with Thicko's D4Y Suisei 250/60kg bombs and wing pylons;
- Green Ghost's DAP gauge-controlled exhaust effect;
- Airfile with reduced Moment of Inertia data for better AI performance.

By kelticheart.

Enjoy!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Alternative prop textures, dp and exh effects for Aerocrate Ki-30 Ann.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=15487&catid=17)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
February 28th, 2013, 01:37
Kelti,

Excellent work, it has been approved and is now in the download queue! :salute:

Worthless
February 28th, 2013, 06:47
The pilot can't get out. I think they screwed the canopy shut. Press the letter O three times and he just sits there. Also, once I hit O three times, the esc key stops working and the only way back to the selection pages of the game is to crash the AC. This happens in the original bird too, before the new props and dp - air - cfg.

Allen
February 28th, 2013, 11:31
The canopy not working is do to [exits] with in the aircraft.cfg being wrong. I don't know why this was changed. My dev copy I used for testing is working fine but the one OW put up for download isn't. Below is a aircraft.cfg that will let the canopy open.

oldwheat
February 28th, 2013, 12:34
That's strange. I had thought that the canopy worked when you first sent the Ann but afterwards, it didn't function so I just wrote it off to faulty memory on my part.
I didn't do anything to the .cfg, at least not intentionally.

Allen
February 28th, 2013, 21:51
I had to go and make sure I didn't mess somthing up my self first :blind:. Just make sure the main download is fixed.

kelticheart
February 28th, 2013, 23:09
Kelti,

Excellent work, it has been approved and is now in the download queue!

Thank you Rami! :mixedsmi:

Cheers!

beepee
March 1st, 2013, 05:23
Thank you Rami! :mixedsmi:

Cheers!

Hello KH
Thank you for your update and also to Allen and Old Wheat for the update of the bird and its camo texture.
Beside the the strange problem of the texture you noticed (that occurs only now with the gray and green textures and only on the left side of the bird...) I have now CTD's problem when I choose your 60 kg bomb payload. I get also now the same CTD's problems with the D4Y Suisei I dowloaded and installed long time before, whitout any problem of CTD. I dowloaded again the Suisei and reinstalled the weapons, but the CTD's still persist !!!
Do you have any idea about what is the cause of that ?

Thank for your answer

By the way, I made researchs on internet and I have founded that the KI30 had a 4 x 60kg bomb payload (2 under each wings) as you can see on the picture below.

And the CFS2 one with a Dp I made with "wep_ja_60kg_gp" weapons

UncleTgt
March 1st, 2013, 08:23
Hi Beepee, I get the same CTD also, I assumed it was a duplicate GUID number in my install, never did track it down I'm afraid...

beepee
March 1st, 2013, 15:05
Hi Beepee, I get the same CTD also, I assumed it was a duplicate GUID number in my install, never did track it down I'm afraid...

Hello Uncle Tgt, what do you mean by "duplicate GUID number". Althougth I am a CFS2 user since its appears, I never heard about that. Do someone knows the way to fix that problem ?

Allen
March 1st, 2013, 15:22
You get crashes when 2 weapons like bombs use the same GUID number or the addon weapons bgl is damaged. If your using add-on weapons remove them and try again.

oldwheat
March 2nd, 2013, 11:21
Here's a new DP & CFG to replace the ones in the download folder. The 'aircraft' file fixes the sliding canopy & the Dp has what I believe to be a fairly representative loadout for the Ann of 300 kg total weight (four bombs on the wings).

The B24 Guy
March 2nd, 2013, 12:51
Also, FS2002 "Crashcheck" is active in the MDL. This can cause CTD.

Regards,
B24Guy

Rami
March 2nd, 2013, 13:09
Oldwheat,

I added the fix to the package. :jump:

oldwheat
March 2nd, 2013, 14:22
I was hoping you would. Thanks Rami

Rami
March 2nd, 2013, 14:35
Oldwheat,

No problem. By the way, did you see The B24 Guy's post in the kelti prop thread on the Ki-30 Ann for the culprit on CTD errors? It has something to do with the model. :jump:

Allen
March 2nd, 2013, 15:03
The model was re-made using the FS2004 gMax plug-in than ported back to CFS2 by MDLC. I don't know were this "Crashcheck" setting would be.

Maxstuka
March 2nd, 2013, 18:47
Here's a new DP & CFG to replace the ones in the download folder. The 'aircraft' file fixes the sliding canopy & the Dp has what I believe to be a fairly representative loadout for the Ann of 300 kg total weight (four bombs on the wings).

There is a problem with this exelent breaking part model, the door is open!. Can you close with the .dp or .cfg.Please

Allen
March 2nd, 2013, 21:11
The door looks like a model issiue. More suited to be fixed by SCASM.

The B24 Guy
March 3rd, 2013, 06:54
Hi Allen,
It's a Variable used by DICT_SECTION. Like g_lightstates.
Not really sure if it is the problem, but CFS2 does not use it.
For this reason I do a Jump around the code.

If you want to use a hex edit search for b4 ad ec 0e 24 17 c6 41 b9 77 d8 7a 4c 95 44 e8
Replace with all 00's This will disable the call to the code.

Or here is a MDL with the code disabled.

Regards,
B24Guy

beepee
March 3rd, 2013, 09:12
You get crashes when 2 weapons like bombs use the same GUID number or the addon weapons bgl is damaged. If your using add-on weapons remove them and try again.

Hi Allen, and all those who ansewered : thank you for the help.
I removed the "wep_d4y2_xxx" bgl's from the weapon scenery, cleaned up all the filelist.date, and the reload the "wep_d4y2_xxx" and made tests with differents planes without getting any more CTD.

I made a DP for the KI 30 with 4x60kg bombs and it works fine. Here it is 82274

Allen
March 3rd, 2013, 23:47
Hi Allen,
It's a Variable used by DICT_SECTION. Like g_lightstates.
Not really sure if it is the problem, but CFS2 does not use it.
For this reason I do a Jump around the code.

If you want to use a hex edit search for b4 ad ec 0e 24 17 c6 41 b9 77 d8 7a 4c 95 44 e8
Replace with all 00's This will disable the call to the code.

Or here is a MDL with the code disabled.

Regards,
B24Guy

Must be something the FS2004 plug in makes...

Hi Allen, and all those who ansewered : thank you for the help.
I removed the "wep_d4y2_xxx" bgl's from the weapon scenery, cleaned up all the filelist.date, and the reload the "wep_d4y2_xxx" and made tests with differents planes without getting any more CTD.

I made a DP for the KI 30 with 4x60kg bombs and it works fine. Here it is 82274

Glad you got it fixed!

Maxstuka
March 4th, 2013, 22:22
The door looks like a model issiue. More suited to be fixed by SCASM.

It is dificult to fix?.I do not know how use SCASM or meaby I do not remember.

Allen
March 4th, 2013, 23:49
I don't know SCASM at all. For me to fix it I would have to port the whole back to gMax and lose the animation, smoothing and likely the breaking parts as well. So I would have to redo evey thing like that just to fix one thing.

Rami
March 5th, 2013, 10:22
Good afternoon,

Do you need me to update the package with the new model and the new .dp file?

oldwheat
March 5th, 2013, 10:46
Which DP? It probably would be good to put in the MDL that The B24 Guy fixed even though I am not 100% convinced that the mysterious CTDs were caused by the "crashcheck" thingy, it is probably a good idea to be rid of it. After all, Scott had to search through the MDL diligently to find it :icon_lol:..

The B24 Guy
March 5th, 2013, 11:08
I don't know SCASM at all. For me to fix it I would have to port the whole back to gMax and lose the animation, smoothing and likely the breaking parts as well. So I would have to redo evey thing like that just to fix one thing.

Hi Allen,

Do you have a link to the AC I would be happy to take a look at it.

Regards,
B24Guy

Rami
March 5th, 2013, 11:25
Oldwheat,

The .dp is from post #47.

Allen
March 5th, 2013, 12:22
Hi Allen,

Regards,
B24Guy

You will have to ask Maxstuka were he got it from as I don't have it.

Maxstuka
March 5th, 2013, 14:26
Hi Allen,

Regards,
B24Guy

This is the link to download

http://simviation.com//1/browse-CFS2+-3-130

The model, has Vc and breaking parts.It is a nice basic model and the skin is nice!.

oldwheat
March 5th, 2013, 16:40
Oldwheat,

The .dp is from post #47.
Put this folder in the model folder for those who prefer the Thicko bombs.

The B24 Guy
March 5th, 2013, 16:45
This is the link to download

http://simviation.com//1/browse-CFS2+-3-130

The model, has Vc and breaking parts.It is a nice basic model and the skin is nice!.

Hi Maxstuka,

Check the Seafang.txt file.
"Cockpit door is used with the concorde nose deploy key."

You might have to assign a key to Extend Concord nose.

Regards,
B24Guy

Maxstuka
March 5th, 2013, 18:10
Hi Maxstuka,

Check the Seafang.txt file.
"Cockpit door is used with the concorde nose deploy key."

You might have to assign a key to Extend Concord nose.

Regards,
B24Guy

can do it start get closed, without having to press a key?

beepee
March 6th, 2013, 03:58
I propose this skins for Ki 30 : 2 for Ki30 16th sentai Philippines 1942 8190781906

3 for Ki30 Thailand 1940 42 819088190981910

Merci Dombral for your new skins
I see on your pictures that the rear canopy is closed or open, depending on the shot.
I have tried all the keys and combinaisons of keys to open or close this canopy, but I did not succeed in.
Do you use a special MDL,air or cfg file to have it open /close. If not, what combinaison of keys do you use ?

The B24 Guy
March 6th, 2013, 07:18
can do it start get closed, without having to press a key?

Hi Maxstuka,
Maybe, but not worth the time involved.
Easy to assign a keystroke to the concore nose function.

Regards,
B24Guy

miamieagle
March 6th, 2013, 13:26
Thank you for the Skins!

Worthless
March 6th, 2013, 17:49
When I tried this dp (Ki30_Ann 4x60 DP) I ran into an error box advising me I was missing "Wep_pylon_d4y2l". I looked at suisei's weapons pack carefully and didn't see this object. d4y2 was there, but no d4y2l. Removing the last letter l from the entry in [payload.3] mount.0 of this dp seemed to clear up the issue. No more error boxes.

Hello KH

By the way, I made researchs on internet and I have founded that the KI30 had a 4 x 60kg bomb payload (2 under each wings) as you can see on the picture below.

And the CFS2 one with a Dp I made with "wep_ja_60kg_gp" weapons

beepee
March 7th, 2013, 05:55
When I tried this dp (Ki30_Ann 4x60 DP) I ran into an error box advising me I was missing "Wep_pylon_d4y2l". I looked at suisei's weapons pack carefully and didn't see this object. d4y2 was there, but no d4y2l. Removing the last letter l from the entry in [payload.3] mount.0 of this dp seemed to clear up the issue. No more error boxes.

Sorry, I made an error and did not check the DP file before uploading it

Here is a new one that fixes the "error problem"82470