PDA

View Full Version : FSX to P3D - DH FSX Beaver Migration

cthiggin
February 19th, 2013, 05:38
I've had great success porting over FSX default aircraft as well as purchased add-ons, either by moving folders / or / the Migration Tool.
For the life of me, I cannot get the DeHaviland Beaver to even show up in the Aircraft Tab of P3D.
Any ideas?
Thanks so much and have a blessed day.
cthiggin

Clutch Cargo
February 19th, 2013, 08:45
I moved it and had no issues. I just moved the aircraft, I think the gauges and sound folder files as well... maybe not. And it should and works great. I did not use any migration tool.

cthiggin
February 19th, 2013, 10:17
Clutch Cargo,
I moved the folder out of P3D - restarted, then again moved the "Beaver" to the P3D folder, again....go figure - it works this time. This was the only aircraft that I had not gotten to work.
Thanks for your response and help.
cthiggin

luckydog
February 19th, 2013, 11:25
.......when I'm moving a folder into the P3D aircract file, I've learned to wait a second as it "jumps" open.
I've accidently added files to other aircraft files. (make sense ??)

cthiggin
February 19th, 2013, 13:05
Luckydog,
Been there, done that before. Thanks for reminding me.
cthiggin

Lionheart
February 20th, 2013, 14:13
If a plane is missing the panel folder/panel config file, it will not show up in FS/P3.

cthiggin
February 20th, 2013, 14:44
Hello Lionheart,
That's good to know also. I've had to go to the "effects - gauges - fonts - & sound folders to get necessary files for some of them too work.
Have a good one.
Tom

gray eagle
April 22nd, 2017, 14:55
I moved it and had no issues. I just moved the aircraft, I think the gauges and sound folder files as well... maybe not. And it should and works great. I did not use any migration tool.

Have to ask, does your landing lights stay on? I moved mine from FSX to P3d and the landing light will temporarily stay on if I use the CTRL + L keys then they will click off.
Same issue in FSX, wonder if there was a bug somewhere in the mdl from the start?