PDA

View Full Version : Normandy 1944 Freeware developments

Francois
February 19th, 2013, 02:40
Just thought I'd share the beginning of my new design project, additions to our upcoming Normandy 1944 product. I have taken up design myself again and am playing with a manual of all German WW2 bunkers..... here's a study of a 401....

P.S. I made the bunker, not the 88 !

jankees
February 19th, 2013, 02:44
cool!

warchild
February 19th, 2013, 06:09
Thats going to be pretty awesome when you get it finished. Those sea wall fortifications were massive, but ive never been able to understand just how massive. It'll be pretty most interesting being able to see it virtually first hand..
Pam

Bomber_12th
February 19th, 2013, 06:33
This scenery will certainly be a spectacle to see when it is all completed!

BTW, I hadn't been by the FSAddon page for a little while, and I love the look of Simon's South African 'Sling'! Definitely on my to-watch list. ; )

stovall
February 19th, 2013, 06:58
With that kind of detail, can't wait for future developments. Thanks for sharing.

huub vink
February 20th, 2013, 07:52
T------------Those sea wall fortifications were massive, but i've never been able to understand just how massive.-----------

The dunes where I live are most likely among the most fortified areas from the Atlantik Wall (Pas the Calais in France is most likely THE most heavy fortified area). Landing in this area would bring the Allied both above and below the Rhine. The bunkers here are indeed huge, but most were and are still hidden under the sand. During the war because of camouflage and as extra protection. And now because we just don't want to see them :icon_lol:.

Looking forward to you scenery Francois! I already like the "Regelbau L401 – Geschützstand für 88mm Flak" (Stand for heavy Flak and "L" for Luftwaffe) In most cases there was an open stair external stair to reach the gun.

Cheers,
Huub

Francois
February 20th, 2013, 09:11
Yup, correct Huub. I am now in my FOURTH version of the bunker...... finally managed to cut the opening at the back that the stairs connect to.... Heheh....I am still learning. But since the Germans made such a neatly organized standard set of bunkers, I figure that once I have ONE made, the others will be much easier :-) :icon_lol: