PDA

View Full Version : Purchase without a credit card

aeronca1
February 18th, 2013, 06:03
On January 1st, my wife and I made a life changing decision to do away with living on credit. We cancelled all of our credit cards and from here on we buy only based on available funds. So, is there a way to purchase P3D any other way?

Clutch Cargo
February 18th, 2013, 07:45
Smart move - I've been paying cash for the past 20 years. Haven't regretted it at all. I would suggest getting a debit card from your bank as it works just like a credit card, and with my bank I get the same protection as if it was a credit card. I also use PayPay for most of my online purchases. So I was able to purchase P3D with my VISA debit card.

flaminghotsauce
February 18th, 2013, 08:21
Sounds like you're going to live like no one else, so later on you can live like no one else.

My wife and I gave up living on debt out of desperation. We were broke, I was making no money, and we couldn't make their payments. We've settled or paid them all, we're about to retire our mortgage, and I have student loan and a car loan to kill. I had to purchase a vehicle for my work, and my four year note is going to die in 18 months time. Then I'm home free. THEN, I'm going to get myself a brand new big ass honking screaming flight sim computer. THAT is my reward. I might consider buying into a local flying club as well, and renewing my PPL.

It will change your life, like it has mine. Debit cards are great, but be careful with 'em. PayPal is an excellent tool for online purchasing. Good luck aeronca!

flyinjake
February 18th, 2013, 14:24
Glad to hear you are working your way out of debt. I did the same thing about ten years ago. One morning while eating breakfast and paying bills I decided to change my life style and get out of debt. It was a long and trying path but well worth the end result. I still carry and use a credit card. Difference is the balance is paid weekly after i review my charges. I suggest you get a a card with a low limit. Use it for gas and or online purchases. Its safer than putting your debit card account number out in the world for others to abuse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lionheart
February 18th, 2013, 18:53
FlyinJake is on it. CashCards. If you are in the United States, you can get CashCards at Walmart, Circle-K's, even at American Express, from what I hear. So, basically, a cash card, like an ATM card, is 'cash' with a plastic number, so you can use it digitally online for purchases of planes, a simulator (wink), iTunes, etc.

If you have a bank account, you could use PayPal. That is 'cash' basically. They do have credit, but you dont have to use it. I dont. I have an ATM card via PP.

aeronca1
February 19th, 2013, 05:36
Thanks all. We weren't in any serious debt, we retired our mortgage a while back and had found that with credit cards it was just too tempting to dip into the extra available cash using the cards. We sat and reviewed our purchases and found many had been spur of the moment deals that we really didn't need. Now, being cash based the mind seems to work and think different regarding purchases.