PDA

View Full Version : Dino's Tomcat

falcon409
February 17th, 2013, 17:30
I know Dino requested that all "bugs" be posted on his Blog. . .but I'll be damned if I can see any way to do that, so I'm posting it here. . .sue me, lol. I can't imagine no one else hasn't noticed this, pretty obvious really (see image). I saw on his Blog that the Fuel Gauge indicator bars were not working, but had been corrected. I don't think this is what he was referring to, even though they are in that same area. I just downloaded the latest updates and it's still there.

MenendezDiego
February 17th, 2013, 18:56
Just to add, the stick is wrong:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VoabGNCjIxg/TQHbvVlEIvI/AAAAAAAAD9w/YZEycQ7IXwo/s1600/F-14%2BCOCKPIT%2B1672263.jpg

Dino Cattaneo
February 18th, 2013, 05:49
@falcon409

The "needles" you see are part of the known "fuel indicator" bug. These have been addressed in the current build - which has not been released to the public yet.

@MenendezDiego

Well, there are DOZENS of things wrong in the cockpits :-) . As I stated on my blog, my rendition was not based on a "line" Tomcat, but on the "remains" of 164601 as preserved at Castle Air Museum.
To name other major inaccuracies (apart from the limited functionality of the cockpit itself) some of the avionics are misplaced/swapped and the top part of the RIO cockpit is actually from an F-14A.
I have decided to stick with the photos I have (and reusing some of the materials of my previous rendition) to get a consistent look in a reasonable time.

This will not be the perfect Tomcat we would like it to be, and I am sorry for that. But I know that others, more talented designers are working on other renditions - which will surely be mauch better and worth paying for :-) !

DagR
February 18th, 2013, 06:14
As far as I'm concerned this F-14 is perfect enough for me, good job Dino ;-)

Best
DagR

Dino Cattaneo
February 18th, 2013, 06:30
Well, thanks... final build will be better, anyway... Now I wonder where the stick handle comes from...

stovall
February 18th, 2013, 06:58
Being a senior, it is hard for me to catch everything but could someone tell me where the landing/taxi light switch is. I believe in the F-14D it should be on the right hand panel but I just can't see it. I always taxi with my light on before take off. Thanks

Dino Cattaneo
February 18th, 2013, 09:30
@Stovall, the taxi/landing light (and the light switches) are messed up in Beta 1.... particularly, the taxi landing does not work.

Dino Cattaneo
February 18th, 2013, 09:31
BTW I am looking to release the new F-14 nearby the end of February...

stovall
February 18th, 2013, 09:49
Thanks Dino, sorry to say glad to hear the switches are messed up. Thought it was my problem. I am sure you will figure it out. Looking forward to the new beta.

papab
February 18th, 2013, 15:03
I love this aircraft!
Dino thank you very much for all the time and energy spent on this....:salute:
Payware quality for free-can't ask for anything better then that.....

Rick

heywooood
February 18th, 2013, 19:39
I love this aircraft!
Dino thank you very much for all the time and energy spent on this....:salute:
Payware quality for free-can't ask for anything better then that.....

Rick

agreed - the big cat is just fine Dino...looking forward to whatever updates you care to take the time to provide.

Thank you for your efforts man

IanHenry
February 19th, 2013, 00:04
Dino, in my humble opinion, the Tomcat is already outstanding, and I'm looking forward to the final release.

Many thanks,
Ian.

MenendezDiego
February 19th, 2013, 00:12
No worries Dino,

Thanks for the response :jump:

Regards, Diego

Dino Cattaneo
February 19th, 2013, 01:31
Thanks for the appreciation... fact is that the Tomcat is one extremely complicate machine (which I believe is one of the reasons why it is so fascinating...) and it is difficult to simulate in all its aspects.
With more time (and resources) than I have it would be possible to make a more realistic and complete rendition... but at a certain point you have to stop, otherwise it will take it forever...

AusWilko
February 19th, 2013, 01:55
Well I am enjoying the heck out of it and fully intend to get back into it when I get back home, cant fly it on a ipad unfortunatly