PDA

View Full Version : FR P-40N: -1-CU

mike_cyul
February 17th, 2013, 10:23
Spot what's new? :)

As I'm doing the N, I thought I may as well go the whole way and do the very first N-type, the P-40N-1-CU, which had the original canopy. Early days, the canopy itself is still unpainted here. The N-1 wasn't a very popular version, being basically used for just training in the US, although the New Zealanders used them for a while - although every photo I can find of the RNZAF ones appear to have the full six gun complement, so I'm not sure what was actually going on.

Anyway, just thought this would round out the N version.

As ever, lot's more to do, but the package is coming along. :)

Mike

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/FR_P-40N/P-40N-1-CU_zps50b2c599.jpg

stovall
February 17th, 2013, 10:32
Oh boy Mike, to say the package is coming along is an understatement. Wonderful work. Can't wait to give her a try.:applause:

FentiFlier1
February 17th, 2013, 10:33
Mike, I'm actually dancing around the room! :redfire:

Oh goody. Brave of you to go back to the model, too! Knock the price up 10 bucks ;)

Owen.

big-mike
February 17th, 2013, 12:09
Looks great,Mike!:applause:
Save a copy for me.
Michael

Ian Warren
February 17th, 2013, 12:28
I'm ready to put my arm on the sill as i taxi out .. This is so much like the example near completion at Wigram , now i wonder if i can get the lads in the Museum to photo the entire aircraft so as to have a photo real external model :cool: .. I'll try and find out about the four gun variants :salute:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Roger
February 17th, 2013, 13:29
Wonderful!

FentiFlier1
February 17th, 2013, 13:38
As far as I know, the only external visual difference between an N-1 and an M is the wheels (smaller on the N) and the 6 guns. The pic shows an M.

In the case of an N-1 refitted with 6 guns (and that happened), you can't tell the difference if the aircraft is in flight with wheels retracted.

fsxar177
February 17th, 2013, 15:13
I just feel like shouting for joy whenever Mike posts these updates!