View Full Version : MacWorld and news for Mac owners

Lionheart
January 7th, 2009, 07:59
Hey guys,

Well, MacWorld has come and gone.

The new retooled 17inch Mac Book Pro lappie has been launched;
* Thinnest 17inch in the world
* New batteries last 8 hours, record for 17inch lappies
* Battery life increased 3X, 1,000 full charges, should add 1 to 3 years to battery lifespan
* New ultra thin glass screen with iPod edge seal technologies (glass to the very edge).

Other new things for Mac's;

* New iLife 2009
* New iWork 2009
* Now, a multi-pack with Mac OSX Leopard, iLife 09, and iWork 09, for $170, (like half off when purchased all in one box. double that when purchased seperately).
* iPhone now has access to iTunes directly, as like iPod Touch, and free of charge.

Theres a MacWorld movie you can watch online at apple.com that shows you all the innovations that are in iLife, iWork, and all the rest talked about above.

I wish they would come out with a 60 Gig iPhone, and make 1Terrabyte computers the mainstay.

Bill

rayrey10
January 7th, 2009, 19:44
I've never owned a Mac and have been wanting to try one out except that I don't need a desktop model (and won't in the foreseeable future) and the Mac laptops are very pricey.

My son is probably going to "need" to have his pc replaced soon so I might get him a Mac Mini...and break into the Mac scene that way.

AckAck
January 7th, 2009, 23:03
Nah, get the NEW MacBook Wheel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Gzq-QEt0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Gzq-QEt0s (if it isn't showing)

Brian :typing:

(Yes, it it from the Onion, so it's a spoof - that's why I put the :typing: icon after my name)

Lionheart
January 7th, 2009, 23:17
Nah, get the NEW MacBook Wheel!

Brian :typing:

LOL... Love that huge iPod wheel thing...

You guys know thats a spoof, right? :faint:

Bill

GT182
January 8th, 2009, 05:17
You guys know thats a spoof, right? :faint:

Bill

Nope, thought it was the real deal. But then agin, I don't know nuthin about a Mac. I'm barely smart enough to build and run a PC, let alone try an Apple or Mac. Tho I do know that Macs make good pies. ;)