PDA

View Full Version : 'For All The Trekkies'

Panther_99FS
February 14th, 2013, 15:07
http://www.flickr.com/photos/berndp/8117267466/in/faves-17054491@N08/ :mixedsmi:

pilottj
February 14th, 2013, 16:33
http://www.flickr.com/photos/berndp/8117267466/in/faves-17054491@N08/ :mixedsmi:

Great pic:mixedsmi:

Ol Bill is sure doing well for being in his 80s...probably from all the exercise he got chasing all those Trek gals from the original series.;) Looks like might put the ol 'Kirk' moves on Kate LOL.

Lionheart
February 14th, 2013, 16:36
Pretty cool.

So many years and concepts of technology. I grew up and grew with those franchises....

Gdavis101
February 14th, 2013, 16:47
I love the entire Star Trek universe, was always a Trekkie nerd in school!

Eoraptor1
February 18th, 2013, 09:07
I enjoyed all the series, and with the exception of TOS, I thought they all got better as they went along. IMO, and with the inevitable exceptions, the third season of TOS was not as good as the first two.

The picture isn't complete without Picard.

JAMES

Odie
February 18th, 2013, 11:10
Good pic! Grew up on the TOS, liked parts of the Next Generation, parts of DS9, same for Voyager. I can honestly say that I didn't watch a full episode
of the last series to air, but it's on my list. Thought the best thing about the 1st ST movie was the redesign of the Enterprise and they should've stopped
the movie franchise with Wrath of Khan (still enjoy it today!).

My son was the exact opposite: didn't care for TOS and loved TNG!

Bill Shatner is like the Energizer bunny, he just keeps going and going.

Eoraptor1
February 18th, 2013, 17:42
My son was the exact opposite: didn't care for TOS and loved TNG!

My cardiologist's Nurse Practicioner is of this opinion. She's the sweetest person you could hope to meet, but we disagreed on this issue.

As far as I know, Paramount still hasn't released the identity of the villain in the upcoming movie. I've heard Khan, and Garth of Izar, but nothing solid.

JAMES

AckAck
February 19th, 2013, 05:29
Garth of Izar

Is that Dana Carvey's character in Wayne's World? :icon_lol:

I must be too young, as I fit with the TNG crowd, although I didn't really care for DS9 or Voyager, and only saw one episode of Enterprise. Actually, I guess that makes me unfit to comment in any Star Trek thread.

Cirrus N210MS
February 19th, 2013, 06:27
Star trek Rocks!!

Paul Anderson
February 19th, 2013, 08:27

Gdavis101
February 19th, 2013, 12:23
[QUOTE=AckAck;785110]Is that Dana Carvey's character in Wayne's World? :icon_lol:

Good one!

Does anyone remember the "Get a life" skit Shatner did on SNL? Or the Enterprise Buffet with Kahn (Carvey) as Kahn playing the food inspector?

Eoraptor1
February 19th, 2013, 16:04
[QUOTE=AckAck;785110]Is that Dana Carvey's character in Wayne's World? :icon_lol:

Good one!

Does anyone remember the "Get a life" skit Shatner did on SNL? Or the Enterprise Buffet with Kahn (Carvey) as Kahn playing the food inspector?

I remember the Shatner skit very well. I don't recall the Enterprise Buffet. I've said for a long time that William Shatner has genuine comedic talent. I loved that skit, because I've enjoyed the show my whole life, but I get irritated by fanboys who act as clergy. That kind of thing really kills the pleasure of it for me. Shatner was the perfect person to take the p*ss out of them.

Garth of Izar was a highly regarded Starfleet captain who went insane, and later went on to attempt a takeover of the Federation until checked by Kirk and Spock in the TOS episode "Whom Gods Destroy". Yvonne Craig, TV's "Batgirl" played a green Orion Slave Girl. I remember being very impressed as a little boy by her dance. Of course, viewers of Enterprise now know that it's the Orion men who are the slaves, and the women the rulers.

JAMES