PDA

View Full Version : Engine on fire

nik112
February 13th, 2013, 08:13
Hi again
Few days ago i installed the latest nvidia drivers 310.....Then i tried to fly and when the engine started i saw the flames coming out and after a while small blue dots around fuselage(pic #3). Firstly i thought that i had used a dp with Kelti's
exhaust effects, but it wasn't. that happens in all planes.
Please advice

Rami
February 13th, 2013, 10:26
Nik112,

Try leaning out the mixture a little bit, or use the loo to expel last night's meal to avoid generating any extra "fuel." :icon_lol:

Honestly, I have no idea what would cause that. :icon_lol:

bearcat241
February 13th, 2013, 11:50
Nik, you've been getting some rather odd behavior from this sim since updating your drivers. There's an old saying in the gaming community regarding graphics drivers, "Newer isn't always better" (guess that can be applied to anything in life :icon_lol:). As an old school "Nvidia-only" guy, i can attest to this as being the truth with the Nvidia brand.

At any rate, i think this might be a great time for you to rollback your driver to a previous version that gave you less stress...just sayin' ;)...the 310 might be a little too unstable with your card than what you had before.

PS...i like that skin on your Stang. Is that the WOP P51?

Allen
February 13th, 2013, 12:34
Looks like you replaced your stock fx_engstrt.fx with something else.

nik112
February 13th, 2013, 13:34
[PS...i like that skin on your Stang. Is that the WOP P51?[/QUOTE]

Hi dj
Yes its the wop p51 and her's the skin : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=7&id=9542

cheers

misson
February 13th, 2013, 14:40
The same happened to me with loads points in dp files. I use win 7 proff. and I donīt know the reason why, but when I use restored back points , after restoration I have found that type of issues. If I check coordinates of that points, I see all points in zero refer of Z vector.

nik112
February 13th, 2013, 14:43
Looks like you replaced your stock fx_engstrt.fx with something else.

Yes man that was the prob. I replaced it with the stock one

A beer for you:icon29:

cheers

bearcat241
February 13th, 2013, 17:16
Thanks for the link, Nik :wavey:

Discus
February 14th, 2013, 03:31
Nik

I have the same problem. Not so bad with some radial engines, but with a Merlin, Griffon or DB601 itīs really annoying.

Havenīt taken the time to look at it but Iīm sure in my case it had nothing to do with chanching the driver but with a replace in the engine exhaust effect. I think Allen is right.

As Iīm in summer here in the south, Iīm not "flying".

Cheers, Discus