PDA

View Full Version : NZ North Island Tour - Auckland to Whangaruru

McLeland Peter
February 13th, 2013, 04:44
I continued my tour in this ORBX scenery yesterday and here are a set of pictures:-

http://www.petermcleland.com/P3D/p3d404.jpg
Turning onto course. That is the Kotanga Bridge on my left.

http://www.petermcleland.com/P3D/p3d405.jpg
I'm going to map read up the coast using an old road map that I used years ago.

http://www.petermcleland.com/P3D/p3d411.jpg
This might be near Warkworth.

The other pictures can be seen here:-

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/9680-nz-north-island-tour-auckland-to-whangaruru-harbour/

Thanks for looking :)

Lionheart
February 13th, 2013, 16:56
Great pictures!

I picked up the North and South Islands the other day and Im 'gobsmacked' by the detail. The farm land around Woodburn is amazing.

vgbaron
February 14th, 2013, 12:12
I have to ditto that. And I have no idea why but - in FSX my rig gets clobbered with ORBX stuff and my lesser rig with P3D runs it smooth as silk, including the moving people, etc.

Vic

Lionheart
February 14th, 2013, 20:36
Vic, the same with my new computer. The old computer ran it fine (well, smoothly). But, if I do not run the background programs (object flow), then the new computer runs ORBX nicely. So, whatever is in the Object Flow programs are whats killing frame rates and eating up performance.

Note that you should still have moving people even with not running the Object Flow programs. But, no tall grass at the airstrips.

McLeland Peter
February 15th, 2013, 03:52
Vic, the same with my new computer. The old computer ran it fine (well, smoothly). But, if I do not run the background programs (object flow), then the new computer runs ORBX nicely. So, whatever is in the Object Flow programs are whats killing frame rates and eating up performance.

Note that you should still have moving people even with not running the Object Flow programs. But, no tall grass at the airstrips.

That's interesting Lionheart...How do you stop the Object Flow programs from running? Is there a box to untick or a .cfg statement to put in?

Lionheart
February 15th, 2013, 06:38
Hey Peter,

When I boot up P3, a warning window pops up stating 'Object Flow xxxxx has not been tested for this version of FS. It could make your system crash. Do you want to use it?' and the options are 'run once' or 'do not run'. I click do not run. There are about 5 of these that are ORBX object flow programs that try to boot up, and I tell them no and the sim runs very nicely. With object flow running, frame rates are about 12 FPS.

I also have the Kosta tunes.

Bill

McLeland Peter
February 16th, 2013, 09:29
That's interesting Lionheart...How do you stop the Object Flow programs from running? Is there a box to untick or a .cfg statement to put in?

Well you may have missed some updates as these were fixed some time ago and those things no longer come up when I start P3D...They did before I updated :)

Lionheart
February 16th, 2013, 12:31
Hey Peter,

I'll have to check that out.

Thanks man.

almccoyjr
February 17th, 2013, 08:51
Depending on how old the scenery file is, there are differences in the "Moduleinstaller" syntax in the scenery files for Objectflow .dll files.

Get the P3Dv140_Objectflow_Patch_Direct from ORBX. When you run it, it will update syntax and install an updater. This will auto update any files and you won't see the "error" messages again.

You can control Objectflow scenes within the scenery using FTX Central Panel. In the FTX Central Panel you'll see ORBX Control Panels. Click on the ORBX Control Panel and all airports or scenes that have OBjectflow will be shown. You can then deactivate whatever you don't want to run.

plug_nickel

Lionheart
February 17th, 2013, 09:26
I really dont want to hijack the thread on this, but if I run Object flow, and have nearly everything turned off, I still have super low frame rates. If I leave Object flow off, I have good frame rates, 'and' I have people around the sites walking about. I also find that the airport adjusters for the independent management of ORBX airfields are functional, though the grass will not show up without OF, but hey, I have fast frame rates.

I'll stick with what I have for now till the performance issue is repaired.