PDA

View Full Version : DP Help?

skylane
February 12th, 2013, 04:37
Hello!

I have the following problem with Baldyīs LeO-451:

A flight of ai planes drop their bombs over the assigned target, but the bombs donīt explode on the ground. If I use another bomber, everything works fine.

Unfortunately I donīt know enough about DPs to fix the problem myself, so if someone more knowledgeable could have a look at the DP?

The plane is available here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=151&sort=d&page=2&pp=20

I also attach a copy of the DP.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
skylane

Rami
February 12th, 2013, 04:39
Skylane,

I would recommend you send a PM to sc7500, and link the thread to the PM so he knows what you need. I had the same problem with the Groundcrew Bf-110e, and he came to my rescue. He really understands how to tweak those files far better than I.

skylane
February 12th, 2013, 06:06
Thanks, Rami, Iīll do that! He is really THE expert!

Meanwhile, I did another test: I put myself on a runway, had the LeO come towards me at 2000ft and drop the bomb right in front of me.
I saw the bomb coming, and when it hit the ground there was the effect of a small dust cloud, just like the bomb hitting the ground but not exploding.
Then I loaded the same type bomb (dboltīs 250lb GP) into a different type of bomber and ran the experiment again: This time the bomb exploded with the usual fire/smoke effects.

So, it must have something to do with the airplane, right?

Rami
February 12th, 2013, 06:15
Skylane,

I can't say for sure, but he would know. :isadizzy:

sc7500
February 12th, 2013, 08:15
I'm On It !!

SC
:cool:

Blood_Hawk23
February 12th, 2013, 09:55
give us an update when you figure it out SC.

bearcat241
February 12th, 2013, 10:41
Looks like there's more to this dp fix than just the bombs...that's the easy part. We've got some strange duplicates, missing/misplaced boxes and and missing vital parts as well. This thread reminded me that i had neglected to install the 45 and 451 in my MTO setup. Looking at the dp had me scratching my head a bit. After fixing the bombs, i'm using a Ju88 dp as a baseline to get the parts and boxes straightened out.

sc7500
February 12th, 2013, 12:25
The original DID have some naming and description challenges.....

Try this one and see if things improve....

SC
:kilroy:

bearcat241
February 12th, 2013, 17:12
Hope you won't mind...here's another option. Once i got started, i just couldn't leave any loose ends.

skylane
February 12th, 2013, 22:26
Thanks, guys!

Iīll try both and report on the results!

sc7500
February 13th, 2013, 06:09
...Hope you won't mind...here's another option. Once i got started, i just couldn't leave any loose ends...

I've always said this editing stuff was addictive..... ! :wiggle:

SC
:kilroy:

skylane
February 14th, 2013, 06:50
sc7500: There seems to have been a slight miscommunication: Your DP is for the Potez 25? Never mind, I can still use it! Thank you!
Bearcat: The DP for the LeO-451 works perfectly, the bombs explode now when hitting the ground. Could you explain what was wrong with the original? Iīm always interested in learning new things! Thanks for your effort!

Cheers,

skylane

bearcat241
February 14th, 2013, 10:02
Hey Skylane,

Well, i saw your problem originating from several errors in the dp:

1. You had two payload sections. The sim was having some confusion about which payload section to work with. The first one had the actual bombs in it, but the second section was incomplete with no weapons. This second section was not only incomplete, but totally unnecessary. These little things CFS2 does not easily overlook and it will give negative feedback in some weird form:

[PAYLOADS]
payload.0=%payload_name.0%
payload.1=%payload_name.1%

[PAYLOAD.0]
; Payload = Guns Only
mount.0=BRI_pilot, 1, 0
mount.1=raf_gunner,1,0
mount.2=wep_raf_gunner_right,1,0

[PAYLOAD.1]
; Payload = bombes
mount.0=BRI_pilot, 1, 0
mount.1=raf_gunner,1,0
mount.2=wep_raf_gunner_right,1,0
mount.3=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a,1,9
mount.4=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a,1,9
mount.5=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a,1,9
mount.6=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a,1,9
mount.7=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a,1,9
mount.8=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a,1,9
mount.9=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a,1,-1

SECOND SECTION (INCOMPLETE AND REDUNDANT)

[PAYLOADS]
payload.0=%payload_name.0%
payload.1=%payload_name.1%

[PAYLOAD.0]
Guns only

[PAYLOAD.1]
Bombs

2. The bombing text in payload.1 (first section) has no spacing at the commas separating the variables, e.g. mount.3=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a,1,9. You must always space these items like so:

mount.3=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a,1,9 --------> mount.3=wep_DB_US_250lb_GP_a, 1, 9 <--------

3. All the bombs in your salvo sequence were all linked to the last bomb in the sequence, not the first bomb, which would have been the correct way to do it. Linking the entire drop to the last bomb is always bad practice when setting up a salvo sequence. Although it would not prevent the bombs from exploding on impact, it might cause some confusion with AI drops, resulting in non-drops or "dry runs".

I suspected that your problem was primarily linked to numbers 1 and 2 above, with number 1 being the major source. Number three is "iffy" - not certain to cause trouble but has the potential to do so.

skylane
February 16th, 2013, 06:48
Bearcat, thank you for the explanation! Learned something again!

Blood_Hawk23
February 16th, 2013, 10:48
Yea it works fine for player aircraft because we can select our weapons. But the AI have to have a direct path.

Think basic binary programing. Yes or No, 1 or 0.

In mission building you can do the "and", "or", "if" structure.

It all goes back to the old programing term GIGO = Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Its funny how true it still is.

bearcat241
February 16th, 2013, 12:49
Bearcat, thank you for the explanation! Learned something again!

:salute: Happy to serve...