PDA

View Full Version : Dodosim Flettner Fl 282

falcon409
February 12th, 2013, 04:15
I downloaded this because it looked like an interesting aircraft and I wanted to give it a look. Has anyone else tried the chopper and if so, do you also lack any gauges? It is a "Beta", but in reading the manual enclosed with it, it talks in detail about the gauges, location, function, etc. . .but looking at the panel.cfg file. . .it lacks any gauge references and despite a very nice VC rendition, lacks any reference to the VC.

Just wondering if anyone else has done any investigating or heard anything about this chopper.

jetstreamsky
February 12th, 2013, 04:23
Apparently an FS9 model, hence no VC call out. As for gauges not being listed that's normally due to modelled gauges, but I don't know if that was possible in FS9.

Just looking for it on Hovercontrol, I'd forgotten just how many helicopter models were done for FS9, amazing, clearly FSX has killed the home brew model makers in the helo world.

edit: See http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=46;t=16448;hl=flettner

hae5904
February 12th, 2013, 05:04
Here's some info about the FL 282 Kolibri : http://www.neam.co.uk/helicopters/kolibri.html

Pity they never went beyond the beta version of FS9, fun helo to fly though. :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

bmd
February 12th, 2013, 05:35
Hello,

Thank all for describing this problem with guages of FL282 in fsx. Thank also for the informations about the Flettner FL282 Kplibri.

Have agood day

Benoit

falcon409
February 12th, 2013, 08:50
Apparently an FS9 model, hence no VC call out. As for gauges not being listed that's normally due to modelled gauges, but I don't know if that was possible in FS9.

Just looking for it on Hovercontrol, I'd forgotten just how many helicopter models were done for FS9, amazing, clearly FSX has killed the home brew model makers in the helo world.

edit: See http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=46;t=16448;hl=flettner

The fact that it's an fs9 model has nothing to do with the lack of a vc section in the config file. Also, if there were modeled gauges...then I wouldn't be missing them. I'm on my cell and unable to access any links so I'll have to look into it later today.

hae5904
February 12th, 2013, 09:53
The VC (and gauges) is hardcoded into the model, hence no seperate VC section in the panel config.

Hank

jetstreamsky
February 12th, 2013, 10:06
Falcon,

I'd assumed incorrectly that when you said there was no VC call out, that you were referring to the model folder where in FSX models a separate VC is defined, however just as Hank says, hard coded gauges in the model require no VC section in the panel.cfg either.

As it turns out modelled gauges was possible in FS9 and when you get to see the information in the link I provided you'll find that there's a conversation on the topic of missing gauges which occurred when FSX SP1 and SP2 were released.It has something to do with Materials properties defined in the model and the original author (of Dodosim) mentions that he might fix that if he gets the time ( that was back in 2009) :salute:

Allan

falcon409
February 12th, 2013, 16:02
. . . . .It has something to do with Materials properties defined in the model and the original author (of Dodosim) mentions that he might fix that if he gets the time (that was back in 2009)
Allan

The author again posted just recently about it. He was amazed that there was still interest after all this time and as it turns out the download I got was from someone that nobody recognized. . .even the original author was unaware it had been released. He again mentions that if he can find the original work he'll make the necessary changes to get things working in FSX. It appears that a dead HDD is the culprit in this case. I know HDD's crash or get messed over with virus's. . .but it just seems that when something like this happens (a model requiring updating from the original work). . .it's always the work on THAT HDD that keeps it from happening, lol.