PDA

View Full Version : Love and Hate with the Iris C-27J

Christoph_T
February 11th, 2013, 10:41
Hi all
Happy to make my seccond post hear on the SOH:wavey:.
First of all let me say, that I am very impressed by the work you all are doeing, day in day out.

Come to the point:

I'd like to share your thoughts on a repaint of me. I am not very skilled but I have given it a try.
Always thought, that there has to be a suisse C-27 in my Sim-World:

Since a year I am a (proud) user of theC-27J from Irissimulations.

But I am sorry to say, that I have my problems with this little Albert:
When I try to start the aircraft manuel, its all ok, until engine 1 runs up.
After that the switches do what they want. Engine to and most other subsystems run up
themselves.
Furthermore the feather-mode switches go back to normal, with the result, that the plane jumps forward
This makes me very disappointed, since thier is no real support, by the Iris-guys.
Maybe you have an idea whats wrong hear.

Greetings Chrsitoph

Sieggie
February 11th, 2013, 11:05
The C27 is an amazing modeling job with some coding problems. I think it got out of control and the coder got lost. I will admit that there are some very interesting concepts in the code. All the code is in XML, so in theory, anyone who wanted to could go back into the code and fix it. I have fixed some of the things that bothered me at the time but simply got bored dealing with it and moved on to newer stuff. Iris released a patch to the original release that made things even worse. One of the moderators here, released an updated FDE which fixes some of what you are mentioning but the auto switching thing I believe is a feature not a bug. You may want to search on C27J on this forum and find the multitude of discussions that took place when the plane was first released. Many people corrected things and you may find fixes for some of your problems including the lurching forward thing. I don't think you want the feather switches in feather to start.

Dave

Christoph_T
February 11th, 2013, 11:17
Thanks,

I'll try.

Christoph_T
February 11th, 2013, 11:31
Back from searching for the Hotfix.
Badly I have allready got the Fix. (Version1.2-2.1).
But I didn't get rid of it.

Maybe I have to get on with the easy Autostart mode.

Thanks anyway

warchild
February 11th, 2013, 11:40
F4-F.
I wasnt able to correct any of the coding as i dont know anything about XMl, but i created the original FDE as well as the mostly fixed update. I say mostly fixed because some of the gauges work on the flight model, changing some characteristics.. I did my best but couldnt do anything about that.. Download this update ( http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63691108/IRIS%20C-27J_FDE-2-1B.zip ) and after backing up your original files, drop it in.. it should help with some things, but if you experience any difficulties with it, please let me know so i can work them out with you..
Pam

PS.. yeahh, I always use easy start.. lifes to short to spend clicking a mouse ;) ..

Christoph_T
February 11th, 2013, 11:45
Hallo warchild

glad for your response!!
For next, I am up for some testing.
Will let you know, how it works.

Greetings

Christoph

warchild
February 11th, 2013, 12:03
I'll look forward to your feedback.. Good luck and enjoy :)
pam

Christoph_T
February 11th, 2013, 12:33
Stil have the same problems.
Made two test.
One with, and one without co-pilot.(Don't know if its important)

I have done following steps:

1. Parking Brake
2. Clicking on the paper: Cold and Dark
3. Turning on the battery
4. Sart APU
Meanwhile:
5. Switch Propeller CTRL up (both)
6. Engine Blled on (Engine 1,2 and APU)
7. Fuelpumps on. Valvs on flow.
8. APU is running know
9. Excess for Electricity from the APU to the system.
10. Ready for engine start.
11. Start engine.
12. Engine runs up.

!!!

13. After Engine 1 Start Switch turns back:
- Engine 2 runs up fast
- Propeller CTRL -Switches clip down
- All other subsystems turn on(like Strg+E)
14. Course of the fact that Engine 2 turns up itself, Propeller CTRL turns down
and the RPM of the Engines a very high, the plane jumos forward.
Only to handle this, is to turn Propeller CTRL back to upper position quickley.

Hope you could follow my explenation
Befor I forget, I tried with and without Autofeather. (Should make no point)

Oh my god, its half past 12 hear.

One last try for today

warchild
February 11th, 2013, 12:46
theres a reason i dont do the long start up in the spartan. you just described most of it..
my recommendation is after starting the apu, hold ctrl-f2 to move the props into a near flat position, then start the engine. a lot of what your describing is strictly gauge related, and i dont have any way of helping with that, beyond recommending the prop pitch change before starting the engines. Having them turned flat with little thrust should help you to keep from lurching forward.. once running, you can use ctrl-f3 to change the pitch for taxi and takeoff..

jetstreamsky
February 11th, 2013, 13:30
Hugely disappointing model due to the dropped support for it, first releases might not be perfect, but conflicting editing between flight models, modelling and gauge coding followed by complete withdrawal by Iris for a not inexpensive model has just broken the camels back with me.

If anything, all that code should be stripped out, simple gauges to drive necessary displays where needed and honest flight modelling may result in a not all singing and dancing simulation, but at least it could be flown for fun, as it is, it's zapped from my hard drive along with the possibility of future Iris products.

warchild
February 11th, 2013, 13:43
i tend to agree with you. the story behind the c-27 is quite regrettable, and i fear this is not the place to discuss it, but yes, it was disappointing. to date, i have distributed over 159 flight model updates, so some people do enjoy it. however, if i had my druthers, all the complex coding and gauges would be gone so we could make just an honest aircraft that flew right.

Smudge
February 11th, 2013, 14:40
Guys,

At no time have I ever stated that we've dropped support for the product. We always have and will continue to support our entire product range. As a matter of fact, I have stated a few times recently that once the PC-21 is finished, I am going to retrofit a lot of the new coding techniques and the new look gauges into the C-27J to improve the experience. We will also be fitting in a new FDE based on new techniques learned on the PC-21. We are hoping this will be the last MAJOR update to the C-27J and it will address any outstanding issues customers may have with the product.

David.

CG_1976
February 11th, 2013, 15:08
Guys,

At no time have I ever stated that we've dropped support for the product. We always have and will continue to support our entire product range. As a matter of fact, I have stated a few times recently that once the PC-21 is finished, I am going to retrofit a lot of the new coding techniques and the new look gauges into the C-27J to improve the experience. We will also be fitting in a new FDE based on new techniques learned on the PC-21. We are hoping this will be the last MAJOR update to the C-27J and it will address any outstanding issues customers may have with the product.

David.

Sounds good to me. I have stuck with the Iris C27J since it was offered from the Iris Teaser Stage. Look forward to seeing what Iris coding has accomplished and transfers to the C27J. Just a little req Dave can I get please a AWAC version with a dome please:salute:

Smudge
February 11th, 2013, 15:27
Yes, an AWAC version with a radome will be fitted. Whilst the current one is probably more realistic in terms of what would be fitted to one, many people including myself just like the look of a rotating radome. :)

strykerpsg
February 11th, 2013, 17:37
Yes, an AWAC version with a radome will be fitted. Whilst the current one is probably more realistic in terms of what would be fitted to one, many people including myself just like the look of a rotating radome. :)
Dave,

Thanks for addressing this particular model. I too would love to see this one fixed and am excited about your upcoming release of the PC-21. It looks simply superb!

Sieggie
February 11th, 2013, 17:59
Guys,

As a matter of fact, I have stated a few times recently that once the PC-21 is finished, I am going to retrofit a lot of the new coding techniques and the new look gauges into the C-27J to improve the experience.

David.

It's possible you have stated that on the Facebook page but few here use facebook and you no longer have a forum so we never heard that. Right or wrong, us old fogeys that don't use facebook, have not heard much from Iris for quite a while. I own most of your stuff, even paid for almost all the FSX stuff that is now free so I am looking forward to updates for the current products.

Dave

flibinite
February 11th, 2013, 18:24
David, I am hopeful again after hearing you plan to update the Spartan. She's pretty and fits a number of missions I like to fly, but in the end the flight dynamics were just wrong, and the gauges too cartoon-like, so she was consigned to the desert. I bought the product on sale so would not object to paying a modest upgrade fee, though I understand why the full-price folks would.

heywooood
February 11th, 2013, 18:24

all of what this guy said pleases me

thanks Smudge - I am a fan of the C27J and all my other IRIS gear

carry on

jeansy
February 11th, 2013, 21:44
Guys,

David.

ive heard that before nearly 18mths ago, not to mention the several pages of the c27 support forum of issues that went un answered on your old forums for support requests, personally i feel that if your not going to provide patches to fix the product within the first few months, refunds should be an option for us who have been waiting for a fully functional product with support as described by the Victorian Consumer Affairs Commission

80902http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7051/image1kd.jpg

waiting greater than 18mths for the so called "final fix" is beyond unsat, its not that its a little fix, its going to be a major one as just about every owner has posted across the net and has mentioned its plagued with problems and theyre not happy about the support or product, and voted one of the most regrettable products purchased on avsim

i really feel sorry for the owners of this, F16, F15 and the Vulcan

if i bought a dvd and it stopped working 40mins into the movie, i dont think i would be happy waiting greater than 18mths for JB HIFI to give me one that works correctly! this is no different...

And if its not the same, how is it different????????

Bone
February 11th, 2013, 22:00
It's possible you have stated that on the Facebook page but few here use facebook and you no longer have a forum so we never heard that. Right or wrong, us old fogeys that don't use facebook, have not heard much from Iris for quite a while.
Dave

For the 'old fogeys' out there who don't use Facebook because of internet social reasons which may be valid, or may not be (after all, SOH is used for social purposes, so what's the difference?), create a Facebook account and then tag the cadre of flightsim developers/supporters (there are many) and you can remain up to date and in the loop with one-stop-shopping. In fact, all you have to do is log on to Facebook, and you will immediatly see what all of them are doing and talking about. If you set it up right, the info will appear in your newsfeed, and you don't have to go from site to site hunting for info.

Sure, there will be people who tell you Facebook is a huge security risk and you will have your life savings stolen, dog kidnapped, and the title to your house snatched away from you, but the naysayers in life will always try to scare people away from things they either don't understand, or barely tried and didn't do it right.

lazarus
February 11th, 2013, 22:32
Actually, I found the Vulcan to be flawless. I'd bought the first release of the C-27, I don't think I applied any of the fixes or updates. The start proceedure seemed straight forward after reading the book. Nothing like trying to get the Nemsis:isadizzy: superstallion going-so awfull I gave up and substituted the Alpha CH-53 VC!

Christoph_T
February 11th, 2013, 23:23
OH my Gosh

I didn't want to start a new discussion about support of certain companies!
But glad to see, that I am not the only one, with start-up problems.
Anyway, the Spartan is a nice plane, and one of my favorits in the aircraft list. ( Always installed)

Maybe you folks can do some critics (positiv ore negativ) on my little repaint.

To Smudge: Is there any way to send you a private message to make my point to you?

Christoph :salute:

jeansy
February 11th, 2013, 23:44
OH my Gosh

I didn't want to start a new discussion about support of certain companies!
But glad to see, that I am not the only one, with start-up problems.
Anyway, the Spartan is a nice plane, and one of my favorits in the aircraft list. ( Always installed)

Maybe you folks can do some critics (positiv ore negativ) on my little repaint.

To Smudge: Is there any way to send you a private message to make my point to you?

Christoph :salute:

Sorry Chris, yep your right I got a little off track, but this is a sore point with quite a few people

for your paint, theres a layer that you can dull down, the make the escape hatches the same colour as the frame

other than its looking good

Smudge
February 11th, 2013, 23:55
Chris, you should be able to PM me here on the forum.

I just realised that my PM's were set to receive from contacts and moderators only. That's been fixed so anyone can send me msgs now... :)

David.

Carbine1
February 12th, 2013, 00:35
I see your post has been ignored completely Jeansy, i own a couple of Iris aircraft and they are not to bad in terms of FSX aircraft.

But support and patches is what can make or break a company in my books.

I have a simple set of rules now for any FSX purchase, no proven track on support , no purchase from me.

And btw nice job on the repaint F-4F, i like what you have done with it, good advice from Matt as well.

Cheers all.

IRIS
February 12th, 2013, 00:44
Hiya,
This is a sore subject for some, both for the customers and the team. As some don't frequent the IRIS Facebook page, likewise we're not always on this forum using it as a support centre. There are some topics we see and some that come and go so fast that are simply missed. It's always best to try & come to us when there are issues. Community support and community collaboration is just that - community.

Because this is the case, and because we know many users don't like Facebook (and rightly so in some instances, there are weirdos there! ;-)) I've been able to get an RSS Feed sorted out for the page, this means that when we post there it will update to the newsfeed. I have it set to post to my wall, the business groups and to our networkedblogs.com account.

http://www.networkedblogs.com/blog/iris-facebook-feed
http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=atom10&id=56985552415

I'm also in the process of implementing a "back to site" so that all posts also get sent back to our website. For the last few months we've been on a new server, with a new site installation and most recently a new crew manning the Customer Support Service Centre. There is also a newsfeed on our website, and our support forum.

www.irissimulations.com.au/sts will get you to our knowledge base, and on nearly every page there is a pop up for you to send through a support ticket.

Now... back on topic...

Christoph, as David has said there will be further updates coming out this year with quite a few retrofits. If there is something that can be done manually David will always try & help fix it, just recently he updated many support tickets with some hand coded and personalised answers. If it can be done, he will try to do so.

Thanks for everyones feedback. Please try and use the feed links to help keep you up to date with what we're doing.

Cheers.

jeansy
February 12th, 2013, 00:57
sorry Karen but i tried your support before and had no luck in getting any replies so please understand im very reluctant to believe you guys again

so, for "us" the users who have been waiting here for greater 18mths for the product that is described, are we eligible for a refund for a product to date that even you guys admit that isnt up to speed

I think thats only fair

IRIS
February 12th, 2013, 01:20
sorry Karen but i tried your support before and had no luck in getting any replies so please understand im very reluctant to believe you guys again

so, for "us" the users who have been waiting here for greater 18mths for the product that is described, are we eligible for a refund for a product to date that even you guys admit that isnt up to speed

I think thats only fair

If you'd like to supply me with your email address that you used to register on our support system I will look in to any outstanding support tickets Jeansy. Please feel free to PM either this account or the smudge account and I will do the search from there.

Thank you.

jeansy
February 12th, 2013, 01:33
If you'd like to supply me with your email address that you used to register on our support system I will look in to any outstanding support tickets Jeansy. Please feel free to PM either this account or the smudge account and I will do the search from there.

Thank you.

thank you but no thanks, but im happy to send you my purchase/order number from FSS which is Order #FSS0128076, like i said waiting for a patch this long, its only seems fair as we have waited this long just for more "promises" of something you guys admit its not 100%

its a little to late as all the problems mentioned are the same ones im having, a reply from support on try this try that wont help, like what pam and others have said, its needs the code that needs to be re written

sorry, but i will pass like i said earler, i dont think its fair on my behalf i have to wait over 18ths to watch my movie i paid for

Christoph_T
February 12th, 2013, 01:52
Sorry Chris, yep your right I got a little off track, but this is a sore point with quite a few people

for your paint, theres a layer that you can dull down, the make the escape hatches the same colour as the frame

other than its looking good

Hi Jeansy

you mean the hatches on the upper fuselage?
I made it course I think it looke more interesting.
Maybe I consider to remove it.
Still don't know if I'll upload it to the public.

Christoph

peter12213
February 12th, 2013, 02:14
I'd like that Swiss paint, hope you do release it.

jeansy
February 12th, 2013, 02:19
Hi Jeansy

you mean the hatches on the upper fuselage?
I made it course I think it looke more interesting.
Maybe I consider to remove it.
Still don't know if I'll upload it to the public.

Christoph

yeah ok, another idea, you can always put a highlighted line (lets say yellow) around the hatches to make them stand out

but its your game, you call the shoots, but dont be shy in uploading it, you will be surprised on how well it will do

jeansy
March 6th, 2013, 21:43
thank you but no thanks, but im happy to send you my purchase/order number from FSS which is Order #FSS0128076, like i said waiting for a patch this long, its only seems fair as we have waited this long just for more "promises" of something you guys admit its not 100%

its a little to late as all the problems mentioned are the same ones im having, a reply from support on try this try that wont help, like what pam and others have said, its needs the code that needs to be re written

sorry, but i will pass like i said earlier, i dont think its fair on my behalf i have to wait over 18ths to watch my movie i paid for

karen or david

since the both of you guys are posting again? is there any word on this refund or what is your stance on this flawed product which you even admit to and the people who are still waiting

expat
March 7th, 2013, 04:52
Forgive my ignorance, but is there something coded into the visual 3d model that stops someone from simply swapping out the default FDE with some other one that it is vanilla/user friendly and tweaking and developing that one from a new base without all the flaws? Bought this one on a whim and after one or two attempts to fly it, it has stayed in the hangar. Moral: don't buy payware on a whim.

Sieggie
March 7th, 2013, 05:27
Forgive my ignorance, but is there something coded into the visual 3d model that stops someone from simply swapping out the default FDE with some other one that it is vanilla/user friendly and tweaking and developing that one from a new base without all the flaws? Bought this one on a whim and after one or two attempts to fly it, it has stayed in the hangar. Moral: don't buy payware on a whim.

If you read back to the begining of this thread, you will see where Warchild has created an improved FDE that she will send to you. It is just a matter of changing the cfg and the air files for the model and you have a new FDE. As far as the gauges, they are all in xml so you can change anything you like to make it better. There are a few problems with stuff in the model overriding xml like the flap indicator, but this is minor. The other stuff that does not work can pretty much be corrected by modifying the code. I understand this is annoying and it will be a matter of faith waiting for IRIS to fix it, or you can take this opportunity to learn how xml coding works since is is all there to behold, and fix the stuff that bothers you.

I do not have the problem described at the beginning or this thread where the plane auto starts after starting the first engine, so I must have fixed this in one of my many forays into the code. This being said, it is possible for the virtual AP to fix anything that the virtual pilot does not like :)

Dave

Christoph_T
March 7th, 2013, 06:07
Hallo Dave

Funny to see, that my old thrat comes to life again.
Can you share your fix with us?
Till now I don't have the problem solved.
Maybe you have the key to that behaviour.

Greetings

Christoph

rvn817j
March 7th, 2013, 06:23
Dave - I'm with Christoph. I wouldn't mind learning a little xml programming. How do I start? Thanks.

wombat666
March 7th, 2013, 06:56
karen or david

since the both of you guys are posting again? is there any word on this refund or what is your stance on this flawed product which you even admit to and the people who are still waiting

Matt, this is not the place for airing your personal grievances with a Developer, ANY Developer.
Would you be so good as to take it off forum, we are not amused.
:173go1:
Remember, it costs nothing to be polite.

Lionheart
March 7th, 2013, 07:21
Please note that there are preexisting Flight Simulator bugs with a turboprop in FS.

BUG 1: The starter stays 'running' when starting a turboprop. A switch 'can' be coded to turn it off after the turbine spools up.

BUG 2: With joysticks that have 'reverse thrust' in them, and active, you will find that spool ups will be with 30 to 40% power, causing the plane to want to jump forward. After the initial spoolup, the turbine thrust returns to normal. For the moment when the spoolup occurs, the sim is reading throttle position 'without' reverse thrust settings. After spoolup, it reads it with 'reverse thrust' settings and settles down.

To get past issue 2, you can go into your engines settings and set 'Beta_min=XX' to something like 1 or even 0.5, etc and see how that works.

This might have been answered in the earlier posts. I didnt have time to read through them all.

Bill

warchild
March 7th, 2013, 12:13
another "trick" I've used with varying degrees of success is to set beta_min=-20. That places beta 0 at about 20% throttle. it allows for reverse while flying and gives a tricky but working way to avoid the lurches..

Ferry_vO
March 9th, 2013, 01:45
Some good news on Facebook this morning:

Mid-Life Upgrade for the IRIS Airforce Series - Tactical Airlifter product.

The items being focused on currently are in no particular order;

* Brand new flight model based on the agility and short field operations the C-27J Spartan is famous for.
* A rework of the existing code to aid in multiplayer functions and overall systems simulation.

* Implimentation of the IRIS 'Aegis I Avionics Suite' providing new FMC, PFD, MFD and SFD units to the existing cockpit.

* Remastering of the engine and internal audio.

We're estimating that the MLU should take no longer than 4 weeks to complete at this stage

CG_1976
March 9th, 2013, 08:43
:jump:Thank you Iris on the MLU " Implementation of the IRIS 'Aegis I Avionics Suite' providing new FMC, PFD, MFD and SFD units to the existing cockpit."

warchild
March 9th, 2013, 12:04
yeahh but, i'm not doing the flight model on it, and at least one person there programs with their realism and sensitivity settings at default which causes problems for anyone who sets their values at a higher level.. I'm certainly not holding my breath.

wapanomi
March 9th, 2013, 19:44
The FDE of the pc-21 has obviously been made with the higher realism settings !

warchild
March 10th, 2013, 05:07
The FDE of the pc-21 has obviously been made with the higher realism settings !

I know.. :)..
I started the PC-21 and worked on it till Iris and I personally had a parting of ways, but the model continued to be worked on by my partner Paul Frimston. Its his work your flying, and now you know why he's my Partner. :)..
Truth told, I really want to leave this business sometime near the end of the year, and Pauls gotten so good, I dont think he really needs me any more.. its just that when youve seen peoiples smiles over your own work for so long, its really hard to let go.

Ferry_vO
April 3rd, 2013, 05:58
An update at Facebook:

C-27J Update:

Okay, thanks to the MLU QA team and the valuable feedback we've been receiving, It is our decision that the MLU project be re-evaluated.

The MLU team have provided us with actual flight manuals which provide massive amounts of new information which will allow us to truly simulate this aircraft better than we had ever anticipated.
As such, we're going to do a full rebuild of the product from the ground up. It'll take longer this way, but to do anything less will be doing a disservice to you all.

We will be taking time to rework the modelling and we will be putting in brand new textures also with new techniques for a more accurate look. In addition the entire aircraft code will get a complete re-write to take into account this new information we have to work with.

Whilst the C-27J Version 2.0 was and still is in our opinion a very capable aircraft and product, this new information allows us to really do it justice.

~David.

And:

You are not going to be charged for the MLU to v2.0 where we have stipulated fixes (as in previous announcements) nor will you be charged for issues that people have reported through our support system where a Trouble Shoot may not have been satisfactory. Nor will there be a charge for TacPack integration, as promised.

What we have said above is that for a complete new build, for the new variant, for the new information, that may come at an upgrade cost. The core base of the MLU v2.0 with TacPack will not have this upgrade fee.

Christoph_T
April 3rd, 2013, 08:59
This will be amazing.
If it will be as good as there new PC-21, it will be a must have again:-)
Its nice to see, that IRIS is goeing to take on there products in this way.
For now, I am goeing for some testflights on the PC-21 2.0:jump:

Christoph

Daube
June 17th, 2014, 05:15
Sorry for bumping this topic :bump:
Can anybody explain me what is the actual status for the C-27J ?
I bought that plane a long time ago, I believe it had a fix or two, but basically I stopped using it because of the issues described in the very first post of the topic.

I took a look into the IRIS forums but there are only two topics for the Spartan. From these, I can understand that IRIS is still working on that model somehow, but I couldn't really get a clear picture of the situation. So if anybody has any info, I'd be glad to know :)

hae5904
June 17th, 2014, 06:00
Good one Daube, wondering about it myself.
But, I forgot all about the C-27....no longer worth the wait.

StormILM
June 17th, 2014, 09:48
I bought the model over at Simmarket some time ago and had been following the update progress. After a good bit of time has passed, it appears that the update(or update beta) only got released to the folks who bought the C-27J at the Iris store. I was chiefly interested in the avionics update as I had already tweaked the FDE/performance to where it flies very well. I just don't think we'll ever see the update.

Christoph_T
June 17th, 2014, 10:30
Funny to see my old threat up again.
As far as I know, there was some kind of "beta" of the coming update available.
That was mentioned on the Iris-Facebook page.
I think they aren't very busy on this, because they won't see any extra money for this workload.
Course of that it might stay on the backyard for some more time.
But hopefully I am wrong - no one knows

Christoph

Sieggie
June 17th, 2014, 11:26
It is not true that they will see no money from the upgrade. Anyone who does not currently own the plane would be an idiot to buy it now because for the past 2 years, they have been promising an update for the plane and delivered nothing. If they were to release the update, I am sure people who have been holding off because of the perceived failure to produce would be enticed into purchase creating revenue. Of course that would fail to come to fruition if the release of the upgrade was as poor as the previous upgrade attempts. I guess we will have to wait and see what the future brings.

Dave

Roger
June 17th, 2014, 11:36
I confess that I have never got this aircraft in the air. Looks great but it would also be great to fly it too.

Christoph_T
June 17th, 2014, 12:01
It is not true that they will see no money from the upgrade. Anyone who does not currently own the plane would be an idiot to buy it now because for the past 2 years, they have been promising an update for the plane and delivered nothing. If they were to release the update, I am sure people who have been holding off because of the perceived failure to produce would be enticed into purchase creating revenue. Of course that would fail to come to fruition if the release of the upgrade was as poor as the previous upgrade attempts. I guess we will have to wait and see what the future brings.

Dave

I can't follow you.
As far as I know, everyone who has bought the aircraft already will not pay for the patch.
That's what they told.
But on the other hand you're right. No one knows what we can and if we can expect something promising.

StormILM
June 17th, 2014, 12:24
Not to stir old ill feelings here nor new arrow launches at the Dev(not my objective or desire) but the update was long promised to be FREE to ALL existing customers. As I seem to recall, initially the update was aimed at gauge improvements and in FDE & Performance adjustments. What I have seen so far in regards to the update gauges looked great and certainly a major improvement over the originals. However, well into the update cycle, I also recall the announcement of the C-27J being fully rebuilt as the "Battlefield Airlifter" which to clarify, was promised as a full and free update to existing C-27J customers. Now I use the word "promise" lightly because such is in so many words and things can and often do change within development in this hobby. The last notice I saw of the update was that the plans had in fact changed and the update was going to be a limited release "as is" to Iris store customers only. I admit I am disappointed as personally I feel this model is actually nice with excellent potential to be much better. Regardless of what failed to materialize, the version I have does work and is very useable with notable limitations. Maybe one day the update will be seen, or maybe not.

GB
June 17th, 2014, 12:53
I've got the C-27J and the open beta update from IRIS store when there was an opportunity to do so. I have to say that the update is an improvement to the original plane which for me was very good, however the update is better. I assume that for bringing forward so many improvements that the update has, the IRIS team has devoted a considerable working time which is actually free for us, the customers. From my experience the IRIS team is holding their promises and is providing excellent support to the polite and cooperating customers, which in any way have to be our approach with anybody in our small community. I also expect, that the team will further fine tune the update and bring it to the final release status, once they complete the new and impressive PC-9 "study model", which is offered in their store, and any other commitment they probably have. We are patient and we get the best when we don't further stress the already stressed developers.

P.S I don't have any connection with the IRIS team besides enjoying their fine models.

Smudge
June 17th, 2014, 14:36
Storm,

Just to clarify, the Battlefield Airlifter is available on the IRIS Store to existing C-27/Tactical Airlifter customers only as a temporary measure. We have always had plans to release it free to ALL C-27 customers across ALL storefronts who sold our product previously once the final documentation and issues had been addressed. That is very much still the case.

I hope that clears things up. :)

Regards

David.

Sieggie
June 17th, 2014, 18:05
I clearly said that people who did not own the plane would be more likely to purchase it after the release of an updated model. The current model is dated and no one wants to spend money on a dated model. The people who already own the model have been told they would get the update for free. It has been a while since the original release and I imagine that a lot of new flyers have been watching and waiting ccard in hand to see what is going to come of this plane.

Dave

Daube
June 18th, 2014, 03:08
Thanks a lot for the explanations.

The model might be a little bit outdated, compared to the most recent payware. However, it still looks quite good to me, even compared to some other recent paywares.
Most of all, this is one of the very few planes with a visible 3D co-pilot, and that co-pilot looks good enough for me (not a 3d blocky monster as we call them). I wish we had more models with visible 3D crew...

I'm waiting for your update. I understand that you tried to keep it free, which forced you to cancel the "new 3d model" for the plane. I also understand that the documentation is not ready yet, which prevents the release for the moment. I'm only interested to the updates to the flight model, engine handling and avionics. We're now in 2014, I'd like my payware planes to let me start the engines manually, and I'd like these engines to behave like they should. I don't think I'm asking much, am I ? ;)

Good luck with the finalization of the update guys. Please keep us informed from time to time. :ernaehrung004: