PDA

View Full Version : MIKE boat chopper tender

lazarus
February 11th, 2013, 02:00
...And other Brown Water boats.
80835 I was looking high and low for the original thread, and could not find it, or remember who started it; terribly sorry for cluttering up the server. I got interested in the MIKE boats and river monitors, and putting around the Mekong with the OH-6 and some AI Carriers riverine forces is challenging. I hacked out an improved LCM-8. Its got a place holder helideck while I round up some information and doodle up armament for a proper Vietnam era river monitor and an LST, which seemed to be the ubiquitous mothership for the whole Brown Water Navy. The LST is actually a riot, as I can drive it up to the beach with AICarrier,drive the AAV up the ramp, turn the LST off the beach and putt away up the river, and beach later or swim off and on. It would be interesting in multi-player as the entire tank deck and top deck is accessible by user vehicles, though the tank deck to top deck is pretty steep- might have to fudge that one in the interest of usability. The LST just has her hull, doors and tankdeck -the hard part- roughed in, but it works well. Anyway. This is a somewhat better MIKE boat than the previous doodle. Just chuck away the old one and replace it with this one. The titles and speeds are all the same as the last, so your AICarriers configs are still good, but double check any way. Its a bit over size as well, but I like flying -47's and -53's off it. 8083680837808388083980840I should have a basic LST to go for test next month, but if any one wants to mess about with the rough cut, just shout.

strikehawk
February 11th, 2013, 17:00
Amazing that you should be putting this and other Brown Water Navy boats out in the near future as the Miamar Flight Club is starting to run Vietnam era scenarios. We somehow had two members of HA(L)-3 join us and I was in HAL-5 in the 80's. Any problem if I try to put a 2D pit in it so it can be driven at a later date?

jeansy
February 11th, 2013, 22:11
Im loving all these

lazarus
February 11th, 2013, 22:22
Use it as you see fit and enjoy, Strikehawk .Its also not a big deal to put a static VC in . Thanks Jeansy. Its a bit crappy, but it plugs some gaps and gets folks to thinking. FSX has really become a ground to space sandbox over the years. I'm charging ahead on the river monitor and finishing up a swift boat so I can get the small combatants U/L'd . BTY, strikehawk, did you get the updated ASW weapons and Sprucan alpha? I've got to clean out the attachments file soon.
Cheers

jeansy
February 11th, 2013, 22:24
Use it as you see fit and enjoy, Strikehawk .Its also not a big deal to put a static VC in . Thanks Jeansy. Its a bit crappy, but it plugs some gaps and gets folks to thinking. FSX has really become a ground to space sandbox over the years. I'm charging ahead on the river monitor and finishing up a swift boat so I can get the small combatants U/L'd .

more amphib please

lazarus
February 11th, 2013, 22:43
Agreed! I'm looking at some of the RAN LCM versions modified for longer range patrol and utility work. I've the LCM-4 and 6 types done, and I really like the Landing Ship Medium/ Bobtail Cruisers, so those have to happen. Alberto has given his blessing to O/H-ing the Newport, so its got it deck in, and I'm doimg night maps for the deck. It would not be a big deal to do the RAN's hangar mod as a AICarrier addon, for that matter.

jeansy
February 11th, 2013, 22:45
Agreed! I'm looking at some of the RAN LCM versions modified for longer range patrol and utility work. I've the LCM-4 and 6 types done, and I really like the Landing Ship Medium/ Bobtail Cruisers, so those have to happen. Alberto has given his blessing to O/H-ing the Newport, so its got it deck in, and I'm doimg night maps for the deck. It would not be a big deal to do the RAN's hangar mod as a AICarrier addon, for that matter.

might hit you up for some of our smaller units, like the ACPBs and LCHs

lazarus
February 11th, 2013, 22:52
I've a Armidale FPB in the upcoming small combatants, so thats something to work with. Right. duh.Thats the ACPB, LCH...Oh yeah,Balkapan. Its on the list.

jeansy
February 11th, 2013, 23:01
I've a Armidale FPB in the upcoming small combatants, so thats something to work with. Right. duh.Thats the ACPB

if you want some pics let me know, i have tonnes, same with the LCHs

this was taken by a mate who works in customs, who called us up for a fly over and pic

lazarus
February 11th, 2013, 23:15
Good to know, thanks. A reasonably clear 3 view drawing is most usefull for the way I work this stuff- half old school drafting lofting, and half plastic style scratch building-kitbashing by eye till it looks...close.:blind:

jeansy
February 12th, 2013, 00:42
that might be hard to dig up, 99% are from inboard

strikehawk
February 12th, 2013, 19:26
Use it as you see fit and enjoy, Strikehawk .Its also not a big deal to put a static VC in . Thanks Jeansy. Its a bit crappy, but it plugs some gaps and gets folks to thinking. FSX has really become a ground to space sandbox over the years. I'm charging ahead on the river monitor and finishing up a swift boat so I can get the small combatants U/L'd . BTY, strikehawk, did you get the updated ASW weapons and Sprucan alpha? I've got to clean out the attachments file soon.
Cheers

I'll get the ASW pack and Sprucan tonight. Warchild has mentioned looking for a Mike boat on the MFC page so this might placate her for a bit. We're starting to do a lot of Vietnam flying since a lot of the active members are either Vietnam Vets, children of said Vets or have a strong interest in that time. Anything you make for the Brown Water Navy will be put to good use.:salute: