PDA

View Full Version : Team SOH needs YOU!!!

Tako_Kichi
February 10th, 2013, 08:25
With less than one week remaining before the start of the 2013 flight simulator Round the World Race (RTWR) Team SOH still needs more pilots if we are to defend last year's win.

Here's a very valid post from a member of the Flightsim.com team:

"Since 2005 I have said, if they go to the effort to put the event on, I will make the effort to turn up and take part. All teams are always needing new pilots.

Any potential pilot please note that although the task may seem daunting with all the rules and pages of info, any team will welcome you and nurse you along while you learn about it all.

Although I can only speak for our team (Flightsim) I assume all teams are the same in this regard. As long as you have the skills to fly at least a few of the required planes competently, you are not only welcomed but needed and will be given the respect you deserve for a job well done.

Thanks to everybody that has anything to do with the annual RTW race. That includes our competitors, avsim and SOH. without you guys we would have nobody to race against."

Just three or four new pilots (the more the better obviously) would help to ease the burden on the rest and starting out as a 'wingman' to the 'baton carrier' is a good way to get your feet wet and means that an experienced pilot can then prepare for the next leg instead of flying 'wing' on the current leg.

If you don't feel up to committing to a flying role we still need people who can check out airports down the route, give weather reports from destination airports and a host of other 'back room' tasks so that the primary pilots are free to fly the legs.

Team SOH needs you NOW!!!!!!!!

If you can help let us know and we will get you up to speed A.S.A.P.

We are particularly in need of pilots from Europe and Australasia (Oz, NZ, Far East) as their time zones mean they can fly when the guys in the west are catching up on sleep as the event runs continuously, 24-hours a day, once the flag drops.