PDA

View Full Version : Ki 44

wolfi
January 7th, 2009, 02:04
I just want to say, my Ki 44 is 95% ready,I´m going now into the paint room.

and I like to post this link (not about the Ki44) I just find it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB-XKFxEJY

10 hours to sign in for beta testing, just send me a private message with your e-mail address, (I send the model out only once today, not separate !)

wolfi

Rami
January 7th, 2009, 03:34
Wolfi,

It looks outstanding! This will get some major use in the PTO. :ernae:

miamieagle
January 7th, 2009, 04:07
You better believe it Rami. Thank you Wolfi!

I"am looking forward to its uploading!:rapture:

DauntlessDriver546
January 7th, 2009, 11:11
Wow... ANOTHER Ki-44!

I DL'ed three yesterday, and now I get another one!! HOOOORAY!!! :woot:

wolfi
January 7th, 2009, 12:37
now, this one comes, when ready, with breakable parts, damage textures and bullet holes (bullet holes are not ready yet ), also two different working gun sight's You need the Concorde noose key´s to be activated for that. At last, it is multilod, 2 of 4 multilod models are all way's ready and fitted to the aircraft mdl.

wolfi

wolfi
January 7th, 2009, 12:41
I just come home from work, I start to collect and zip the aircraft in a few minutes, so you have a little bit time left to sign in.

wolfi

miamieagle
January 7th, 2009, 12:46
Great Wolfi! Ever since I heard you where building one a long time ago I have been waiting for it evendow I never mention it before.:rapture:

Thank you!

wolfi
January 7th, 2009, 13:25
info for the beta test
the lower canopy flaps are opened by the wing fold key.

wolfi

Wulf190
January 7th, 2009, 18:22
This is truly going to be a class A example of the Ki-44 II. Up till now there haven't been very many examples of this little known type. Akemi did an example, and Knokke did the definitive complete series of the type. http://pigeonh.free.fr/ki442.htm

But Wolfi's will be the most modern build, and with all thats it's packed with, should not be missed.

More to come!

Jagdflieger
January 7th, 2009, 19:09
It's in the same class as Wolfi's Helldiver and that means it's going to be payware quality.

Here are a few initial shots from a short test flight.

hellcat44
January 7th, 2009, 20:51
As always, wolfi's bullet holes puts his creations a step above quality payware.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/hellcat44/tojo2.jpg

Pips
January 7th, 2009, 20:55
There can never be enough Shoki's! :wiggle:

Early in it's operational life the Type 2 Shoki earned the reputation as a "HOT" fighter, due to it's high landing speed and relative lack of manoeuvrability. Pilots used to the sweet handling of the earlier Type 97 and Type 1 fighters found the Type 2 somewhat of a handful, it being restricted in snap rolls, extended spins, stalls and inverted flight at high speeds.

However pilots soon learned to appreciate it's (relative) high speed, it's excellent rate of climb and dive speeds and it's pilot protection and self-sealing tanks. The Type 2 Model 2C was arguably the best JAAF fighter until the advent of the Type 4 Hayate.

Is it likely that the flight characteristics will reflect reasonably accurately the true behaviour of the Type 2?

Jaxon
January 8th, 2009, 02:07
Since I know about the Shoki, what came through CFS2, I was strongly attracted to her. A nice shape, clean and powerful, somehow like a bulldog.
I look forward to try your version myself, though !

Unfortunately I can`t help you in beta testing, I am in the final process of getting a new job and have several interviews this week.

wolfi
January 8th, 2009, 02:52
good luck Jaxon

wolfi

DauntlessDriver546
January 8th, 2009, 06:26
Interesting...

I DLed Ki-44s from a certain website I can't remember, and those Shokis are, according to the author... DEAD accurate in the air file. Which is strange, because I read here that this thing isn't too maneuverable. The thing snap rolls like a demon, climbs like one, too. Now TURNING, on the other hand, is a small chore, it doesn't turn too fast. I think that has something to do with the area of the elevators?? :confused:

It's a beauty of a plane! I am learning to LOVE the Ki-44 very much, and I read a manual on the Ki-44 just today, and I found out that while flying the "Evaluation Model" I've done every single maneuver that the manual expressly forbids! :faint: But I'm only testing...

Maybe THEIR airfile isn't accurate? Maybe I misunderstand maneuverability?? :bump:

Rami
January 8th, 2009, 07:17
Interesting...

I DLed Ki-44s from a certain website I can't remember, and those Shokis are, according to the author... DEAD accurate in the air file. Which is strange, because I read here that this thing isn't too maneuverable. The thing snap rolls like a demon, climbs like one, too. Now TURNING, on the other hand, is a small chore, it doesn't turn too fast. I think that has something to do with the area of the elevators?? :confused:

It's a beauty of a plane! I am learning to LOVE the Ki-44 very much, and I read a manual on the Ki-44 just today, and I found out that while flying the "Evaluation Model" I've done every single maneuver that the manual expressly forbids! :faint: But I'm only testing...

Maybe THEIR airfile isn't accurate? Maybe I misunderstand maneuverability?? :bump:

Kind of like a Focke-Wulf of the Pacific, eh?

hellcat44
January 8th, 2009, 07:58
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/hellcat44/tojo22.jpg

peperez
January 8th, 2009, 09:08
This could be your next project:

http://www.aviastar.org/air/japan/nakajima_ki-87.php

http://ww2photo.mimerswell.com/air/jap/nakaj/ki87.htm

wolfi
January 8th, 2009, 09:21
Sorry but next would my “Panther“ to be finished, then Mitsubishi Claude, all models are about 90% ready, but in the moment I’m pushing the ki44 to the end

wolfi
January 8th, 2009, 15:11
a few more pic´s

wolfi

EMatheson
January 8th, 2009, 15:16
REALLY looking forward to this - even more to the F9F Panther!
Hope you do an FS9 version!

wolfi
January 8th, 2009, 15:31
sorry, but I do not plan any FS9 version anymore by myself. If the CFS2 aircraft is ready, and someone like to convert the aircraft in FS9 or FSX standard, he is very welcome. I would share the source file with one or two other designer with some skill in Fsds2 or Fsds3 .It´s still too much more work and I had not enough time.

wolfi

dog1
January 8th, 2009, 16:05
this fine adition of freeware aircraft amongst other objects from various sources in the making such as the val from achemie more ships from usioh,sceneries,skins etc to our ever expanding hangar of high quality products is a very good reason for members to show their appreciation towards the hard work done by others not only with lip service but by contributing generously towards meeting the web sites expenses for the year 2008.
dog1

Jagdflieger
January 8th, 2009, 18:43
Here are a few shots of the Shoki defending the Homeland.

The B-29 is the Fox 4 Superfortress from their Korean War package of planes. I painted out the red bars so that it would have the right insignia for WWII. For those wanting an AI B-29 this one is the one.

hellcat44
January 8th, 2009, 20:06
A small force of Ki-44's intercepted 120 B-29's and destroyed 10 of them. :karate:

Bill Kestell
January 8th, 2009, 21:59
Neat, Jagd .... would you be able to post the skin for the 44/45 B-29?

Jagdflieger
January 8th, 2009, 22:44
Bill,

Well, now I'm confused. I just checked my base file for the plane and while it is advertised for the Korean War, it has the WWII insignia. I guess it may have been the F1 B-29 AI from Mig v. Sabre that I modified a while back or perhaps I rezipped the fox 4 version up for WWII. Beats me. Check your B-29 from Fox 4 and see what insignia it has. If it has the red bars, let me know and I'll send you the WWII textures.

Lawdog2360
January 9th, 2009, 16:34
This aircraft intrigues me. The Ki-44 was powered by the Ha-109. The Nakajima Ha-109 was also known as the Army Type 2 radial, or by the standardized designation, Nakajima [Ha-34] 11. It was an air-cooled, 14-cylinder, double-row radial engine with a 140mm bore and 130mm stroke, and a nominal power rating of 1450 horsepower, making it one of the most powerful Japanese piston engines of it's time. Variants of this engine were used on the Ki-44 "Shoki", also known as the "Tojo", and the Ki-49 "Helen". Methinks a new sound pack might just be in order for Wolfi's new beauty. If only I could get my grubby little hands on the beta??? :typing:

Jagdflieger
January 9th, 2009, 19:35
Lawdog,

For some reason the specification for the "Tojo" required the use of the Ha 109 which was a bomber engine acording to my books. It had a larger diameter than the fighter engines of the Japanese aviation industry and the designers had to really shoe horn the engine into what is arguably a very slim and streamlined design.

Lawdog2360
January 10th, 2009, 01:35
That's right, Jagd. Just like the German Fw-190D with its Jumo 213, the Japanese used the Ha-109 bomber engine to power a fighter, no doubt because of production difficulties. But nevertheless, they came up with a potent little package. A good part of why this aircraft intrigues me so much.

wolfi
January 10th, 2009, 01:39
that´s right, the aircraft was build around the engine, that give the aircraft it´s own look, big engine short wing´s.

wolfi

Pips
January 10th, 2009, 03:39
It's a real muscle aeroplane in appearance, just like the German Fw190. :)

Some aircraft just look the part ...... and the Type 2 had it in spades. :friday: Really hanginf for this baby.

gedm
January 12th, 2009, 20:36
Wow! it's finally happening a new Shoki for CFS2 now that is something.

I dont know how I missed this post but seeing lawdogs sound pack put me on the hunt!

Thank you Wolfi!! :jump:

DauntlessDriver546
January 13th, 2009, 05:37
Yo gedm, try here...

While you're waiting for Wolfi's...

http://pigeonh.free.fr/ki442.htm

I have all of them... and wolfi's is goin' in right with them! :amen:

gedm
January 13th, 2009, 07:45
Thanks Daunt, but I got those beauties, but I'm looking, and dont laugh, for a shiny one! :whistle:
I have given Akemi's a little shine as well as Aerosim's, never was able to get the Pigeon's shined up, too bad..
Wolfi's is looking like the pack leader in my hanger for the forseeable future.

Gracias

G

Wulf190
January 13th, 2009, 22:59
I usually replace older models with newer ones. But Wolfi's Ki-44 won't replace Knnoke's. If you don't have that set of Shokis, I highly recomend it. I'm still impressed by how the author build that set, I believe it was relesed in 2001!

whitehawk_2009
January 14th, 2009, 08:25
Wulf, can you post a link to those 44's?

WH

DauntlessDriver546
January 14th, 2009, 08:31
Hey whitehawk!

I already posted the link here :wavey:

http://pigeonh.free.fr/ki442.htm

whitehawk_2009
January 14th, 2009, 15:46
Ooops, thank you.

WH

Jagdflieger
January 14th, 2009, 20:08
As nice as Knokke's Ki 44 is, it was built some time ago and did not enjoy the advantages of GMAX or FSDS V2. As a result the props and landing gear are lost on the AI aircraft. I remember when Knokke was building his Tojo and how excited every one was. It truly was a landmark airplane at the time of its release.

Here are a few screen shots to illistrate the older technology compared to the program Wolfi uses for his Tojo and the difference in AI appearance.

DauntlessDriver546
January 15th, 2009, 05:44
WOW! Man, that is somethin' else!

Nonetheless, both versions will get equal time on my sim... because BOTH planes look REALLY HOT!:ichile:

kelticheart
January 15th, 2009, 23:26
OUTSTANDING!

A new Ki-44 is exactly what the doctor ordered, I'll retire Akemi's old model from the front line.
I was never able to guess the correct prop texture file for Akemi's old Shoki, I can't wait to put a nice one on Wolfi's! :jump:

THANK YOU WOLFI!

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Jagdflieger
January 16th, 2009, 05:59
KH,

I just knew that you would "sink your teeth" into this project with a prop and exhaust effect!

Pips
January 21st, 2009, 03:05
It's all gone rather quiet on the Ki-44. How are you progressing Wolfi? We're all hanging out for your masterpiece. :)

hellcat44
January 21st, 2009, 08:41
Taking into account what still needs to be done....I've found no fault with the beta. :applause:

It definitely has breaking parts with a propensity to lose it's tail.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/hellcat44/parts2.jpg