PDA

View Full Version : WE MISS PIGLET!!

lazarus
February 8th, 2013, 22:30
Any one aught of Mr Conrad of late? How is he? Is all OK? Piglet come back. We miss you!

falcon409
February 8th, 2013, 22:53
My concern is that he's seen how care-free the normal life can be and has decided to take up something simple like stamp collecting or gardening, lol.:salute:

warchild
February 9th, 2013, 00:42
I havent spoken with him in months.. its like he's completely vanished. I can only hope he's ok..

StormILM
February 9th, 2013, 01:04
The total silence part worries me something has happened to him. Or maybe not, perhaps after all the years or hard work, it's as we've been told before, just extended time off. I too miss his work, rather the surprises of clicking on one of the usual outlets of freeware and seeing a new release "by: Tim Conrad". I was always a joy in realization. Can't say I was ever disappointed in any model he made, they only got better and better. True freeware treasures!

Jafo
February 9th, 2013, 02:55
I've only 'spoken' to him once....a few months ago now....re his A12A Avenger I was skinning....
Me too hopes he's OK....always enjoy his stuff....;)

Roger
February 9th, 2013, 03:08
He was so prolific for so long that he probably just got fed up with modelling and needed a rest!

It is a concern though for members who live alone that if anything happens to them we may never know. I wonder if there's the possibility of having a secret part of your SOH profile that could give details of relatives or friends to contact when a member is absent for unknown reasons? If anyone thinks that is a good idea I'll ask the question of the tech guys here.

FentiFlier1
February 9th, 2013, 05:08
I miss Piglet too :frown:. In fact one of his models got me into FSX in the first place - though I can remember which one! My first repaint ever was of the M18!

Here are those I regularly fly:

PT-19
J2M Raiden
MS.760
Meyers 200
Mooney M18
Waco UPF-7

I have others which I fly less. But those six a firm favourites! Thank you Tim :medals::salute:

Owen.

warchild
February 9th, 2013, 05:40
He was so prolific for so long that he probably just got fed up with modelling and needed a rest!

It is a concern though for members who live alone that if anything happens to them we may never know. I wonder if there's the possibility of having a secret part of your SOH profile that could give details of relatives or friends to contact when a member is absent for unknown reasons? If anyone thinks that is a good idea I'll ask the question of the tech guys here.

I would like that roger..being one of those who's housemate is autistic and not likely to notify anyone of anything that happens to me, i worry about that stuff too. With their permission, i'd happily put stuff into a safe area here so someone could contact people if anything went wrong..

txnetcop
February 9th, 2013, 05:47

GREAT IDEA ROGER!!! I miss Tim too. I also hope he is doing OK and just taking a well needed rest :O)
Ted

falcon409
February 9th, 2013, 06:42
Excellent idea Roger!!

Blackbird686
February 9th, 2013, 07:08
I miss Piglet too :frown:. In fact one of his models got me into FSX in the first place - though I can remember which one!
I have others which I fly less. But those six a firm favourites! Thank you Tim :medals::salute:

Owen.

For me, it was his Skyraider that brought me into the world of FSX. I normally fly FS9 though and I have ALOT of his planes flying in those virtual skies. The OV-1D Mohawk Series, the OV-10 Broncos, the Russian "Hind" helicopters, as well as his older T-28D, F-5 and T-33. Hope he's OK...

BB686:USA-flag:

gecko65
February 9th, 2013, 07:26
Has he responded to emails??? I'm assuming not . . . we all hope you are well, Mr Piglet.

CodyValkyrie
February 9th, 2013, 07:26
I understand the sentiment of wanting to take a break. I hope whatever he is doing, he is still applying his unique character and efforts to it. You've done a great service to the community. Should you not return, I am still fulfilled from your previous works and wish you success in whatever you do mate. You deserve it. ;)

stovall
February 9th, 2013, 07:34
Super idea Roger, for those who live alone the service would be a must. Not only will it help us to be sure people are OK, but more important it would be a great comfort to those needing the service. Just another way of telling our members "SOH cares about you."

Daveroo
February 9th, 2013, 09:29
yes ,id like to know if tim is safe and just enjoying himself to...i must say ive been thinking about the IA-58 pucara alot,at one point he had said it was in his lineup....

and to rogers idea..yes...im disabled ,not alone in the fact i live in my folks back yard...but id be willing to do this...i shown my folks where to go in PC and how to log into my differant forums and chatrooms to notify my online friends of my demise should it come before they go..(as i do hope happens)...once they are gone..i dont have a clue what ill do..i need help with everyday things and my family have allready said no to helping me....and they wonder why i dont want to be at family gatherings anymore...

Roger
February 9th, 2013, 10:01
Thanks for the replies,
Now to find out if it could be easily be implemented. I envisage that it would be a secret part of one's profile accessed only by the member and a nominated friend and in this folder would be contact addresses, e-mail addresses and maybe phone numbers of relatives or close friends. It would of course be essential that they knew there were a contact and that is was for a sim forum. I think it could work but it would depend how many of us were willing to accept the idea?

Sundog
February 9th, 2013, 11:32
I e-mailed him some time last fall, and he was doing fine. IIRC, he's enjoying life. :)

I miss having any new excellent work from him as well, but life comes first. If he decides to never return to FS, we can only be thankful for all of the great planes he has already given us. After all, any plane made to the LOD that Tim's were is a huge investment in one's personal time. I honestly couldn't figure out how he was able to do so much for us so rapdily, other than he must have been glued to his PC. I think he discovered the real sun in the sky again. ;)

FSN
February 9th, 2013, 17:32
This community continues to amaze me...never before have I seen such friendship and caring in a forum. It's moving how much you guys care for one another.

stansdds
February 10th, 2013, 04:30
There are a great many of us who really do care. I miss Tim's contributions to the FS9 and FSX communities, but I understand getting tired and burning out too. Sometimes people just take breaks for months or even years, sometimes they never return. Regardless, real life and happiness are more important than any sim.

OleBoy
February 10th, 2013, 06:29
Tims work, for me, always is/was inspirational. As is any modelers. I never look at models as merely virtual toys. What they create is a form of art put on display. Like a father to a daughter who is about to experience that first date, nervousness has to come to play. Thinking, I hope things go alright. Modelers do this in a studio that is visible to (No idea how many people are interested in Microsoft Flight Simulator) people all over the world. With each and every download, the flying, the testing, the looking, and flying it more, a judgment is put upon each and every one. As it is with any modeler creating. The little details. Ear rings, lipstick. Sex appeal. A short skirt? Not for me, I like things left to my imagination. The more luring the better. Tim also has his ways of making things to remember.

So, wherever he went, and whatever he's doing, I'm sure he's enjoying that as well.

I have the same thoughts towards all the modelers and their creations. Along with the graphics artist who puts on the make-up.
Beauty is seen differently in all of us. This to me is my fatal attraction.

Whatever it is you're doing, Piglet. Enjoy life.
Thanks for sharing something you enjoyed.

warchild
February 10th, 2013, 07:55
Welll, somehow, i feel kinda responsible. We were working on the flying wing when he left. Couldnt blame him as that thing has an absolutely insane engineering deck. Obviously it was never finished or released, but i still fly it, maybe in hopes he'll come back maybe just because even raw and unfinished its a wonderful plane. So much better than the b-36.