PDA

View Full Version : Im at a loss - Scenery Library order WRT ORBX

heywooood
February 7th, 2013, 19:33
I registered at and checked for answers @ ORBX support forums but no joy...

this is CEJ4 with NA Norther Rockies installed and patched (1 ) and (2) - with the latest scenery objects file from ORBX installed

how do we fix THIS situation? - I have tried rearranging everything and still no joy

Timbohobo
February 7th, 2013, 19:52
If you make a post in the Orbx freeware support section, chances are you'll get an answer/solution promptly ;)

Sundog
February 7th, 2013, 21:04
I definitely don't have that problem and wish I knew how to help you, because it's a great airport. I don't know if that is another competing mesh or legacy airport data. Good luck, I hope they help you sort it soon. I know this is going to sound dumb, but you made sure you had FTX Central set to PNW/North America before you launched FSX, right? I know you probably did, but I'm just trying to think of what might cause it.

Roger
February 7th, 2013, 22:55
Often it's a result of some previous scenery installed in the area. Oh and do you have your mesh resolution set to 5m?

jpmouse
February 8th, 2013, 03:40
Often it's a result of some previous scenery installed in the area. Oh and do you have your mesh resolution set to 5m?

Also, don't think it would affect it as to you current problem, but ORBx's freeware scenery is not designed for DX10

Roger
February 8th, 2013, 04:08
Also, don't think it would affect it as to you current problem, but ORBx's freeware scenery is not designed for DX10

The latest libraries seem to have resolved most Dx10 issues and Vlad has made CEN4 Dx10 and is working on CEJ4!

Meshman
February 8th, 2013, 09:33
Default airport elevation is 3,325 feet. You should go back, use the Trike and get a reading off of Shift-Z to see what elevation is showing. In the Trike is should be 3,331.4 if you're hanging in the air. That would mean (or should mean) you are missing an elevation adjustment file aka stub file that serves to change how FSX shows the elevation.

heywooood
February 8th, 2013, 13:04
Default airport elevation is 3,325 feet. You should go back, use the Trike and get a reading off of Shift-Z to see what elevation is showing. In the Trike is should be 3,331.4 if you're hanging in the air. That would mean (or should mean) you are missing an elevation adjustment file aka stub file that serves to change how FSX shows the elevation.

Thank you to all who have replied - I will take another stab at it - very frustrating

griphos
February 8th, 2013, 13:59
This behavior is almost always the result of having FTX Central set to the wrong region. I don't know if you have more than one region (NA, Oceania, etc). It also happens if FTX Central is set to default. Did you install the libraries last?

heywooood
February 8th, 2013, 14:54
This behavior is almost always the result of having FTX Central set to the wrong region. I don't know if you have more than one region (NA, Oceania, etc). It also happens if FTX Central is set to default. Did you install the libraries last?

region is set - libraries are last of the FTX sceneries - after that come the other addons and default stuff

heywooood
February 8th, 2013, 17:56
region is set - libraries are last of the FTX sceneries - after that come the other addons and default stuff

update : Extract: error writing to file FTXNANRM110.exe

apparently the first time through the file didn't install properly - then - upon finding a cure for that (remove the files from the original download folder - place in a different folder - then run) I get this happy message
and the installation fails and terminates...

posted on the ORBX support forums but if anyone here knows the cure I'll all...errm... eyes

Sundog
February 8th, 2013, 18:15
Have you tried redownloading it, JIC the original was corrupted?:confused:

heywooood
February 8th, 2013, 19:39
Have you tried redownloading it, JIC the original was corrupted?:confused:

yes - several times and from all three portals...same result

heywooood
February 11th, 2013, 18:12
yes - several times and from all three portals...same result

UPDATE - resolved

finally got it to install properly - if only I knew why it worked?? did everything the same way but after 25 tries - "its in the hole"

CEJ4 and Kelowna are outstanding -