PDA

View Full Version : My apology to Bill Womack

OleBoy
February 7th, 2013, 13:18
the forum, and the members here at SOH.

Not long back I made comments in a post that I should not have, in reference to an individual. He (Bill Womack) received the brunt of my combatant dismay. My own frustrations brought out words that should not have been said openly. To him, in our home, SOH, or otherwise.

I have sent Bill my personal apology in the matter, and explained my animosity and frustrations that led to the words I did-not-so wisely think before making comment.
I feel he and I have made mends, and come to understand each other as humans beings, better. We have since exchanged email. I am glad for that, as I am not here to make enemies. I am here for the life of virtual flight. Learning, and sharing alike.

My apologies to all members, and staff of SOH.

Obvious of my post count, I am very active whenever I can be.
SOH is my home base. My place of gathering for a hobby that I thrive in learning more of.

OleBoy

Roger
February 7th, 2013, 13:26
From the staff point of view I can only say thank you for your apology and hopefully Bill will return your apology with activity in this forum.

stovall
February 7th, 2013, 13:34
Thanks OleBoy, I appreciate the apology also. As Roger says, hope Bill will return to our forum. Hope to see you soon Bill.

spotlope
February 7th, 2013, 13:35
I'll be checking in from day to day to see if there's anything I can add to the discussion. I enjoy FS forums in general, and I'm looking forward to being more active on this one in particular.

OleBoy
February 7th, 2013, 13:44
Welcome back, Bill :)

Thanks

OleBoy
February 7th, 2013, 13:48
Something we need to think about.

There are actual people on the receiving end of what we type in these little boxes. Something to keep in mind.

Roger
February 7th, 2013, 13:48
Good to see you Bill!
I visit the ORBX forums at least once a day and am enjoying the focus on Europe.

TARPSBird
February 7th, 2013, 14:27
My hat's off to OleBoy and Bill Womack for getting things straightened out. :salute:

Jafo
February 7th, 2013, 14:53
Something we need to think about.

There are actual people on the receiving end of what we type in these little boxes. Something to keep in mind.

No truer words....as they say.

I have administered a website/s of [now] 5 million reg'd users for the past ten years....and typically when people 'get it wrong' they tend to be the 'younger' end of the fraternity.

It's quite refreshing being over here now and then....where [my] 58 appears almost 'young' ....;)

Sundog
February 7th, 2013, 15:29
Thanks, it's nice to see posts like this; people coming together as opposed to pushing a part. Besides, I love Bill's work as well. ;)

txnetcop
February 7th, 2013, 17:39
Thanks, it's nice to see posts like this; people coming together as opposed to pushing a part. Besides, I love Bill's work as well. ;)

DITTO HARDY THANKS TO OLEBOY AND BILL FOR EXHIBITING OUTSTANDING CHARACTER
Ted

wombat666
February 7th, 2013, 17:53

A good outcome all round and it takes a man to admit that 1) he's made a mistake and 2) apologies unreservedly.
:applause:

jpmouse
February 8th, 2013, 03:51

boxcar
February 8th, 2013, 06:32
.... It is said that Character is a sum of all of our thoughts. Thank you for inspiring my thoughts this day.

.... Having freedom to speak means little. Am wanting to hear & see less of freedom & more of Honor
.... & am, this day, hearing & seeing this here now. Thank you.

CodyValkyrie
February 8th, 2013, 09:18
That seemed heartfelt. I have no dog in any of this, but as an active SOH lurker I am sure all parties involved are thankful for the apology.

Cheers and beers mate! :guinness::icon29:

I know in my case, when I first entered the FS market and began to make a stir with my work, my words were vitriolic and negative towards some developers. While I still concede that I hold some of those resentments and harbor ill feelings, I learned quickly to put on my happy face to the public. It still can come through on occasion. Many thanks to Scott Gentile for tempering me a bit better in the face of the public, and their jury. :)