PDA

View Full Version : Trying to contact Bill Womack

oldpropfan
February 3rd, 2013, 23:17
Trying to get Mr. Womack's permission to use some objects from his RAF buildings library so I can release my RAF Dallachy scenery. I've tried the email address included in the readme's from Ian Pearson's RAF sceneries but the email got kicked back as undeliverable.

If anyone has a more current email they can share please PM me or hopefully Mr. Womack will see this if he still stops in on the forums.

Thanks for any help,

Al

roger-wilco-66
February 3rd, 2013, 23:27
Bill is very active in Facebook, you most like can catch him there!

Cheers,
Mark

Francois
February 3rd, 2013, 23:30
Trying to get Mr. Womack's permission to use some objects from his RAF buildings library so I can release my RAF Dallachy scenery. I've tried the email address included in the readme's from Ian Pearson's RAF sceneries but the email got kicked back as undeliverable.

If anyone has a more current email they can share please PM me or hopefully Mr. Womack will see this if he still stops in on the forums.

Thanks for any help,

Al

If you send me YOUR email, I will forward it to Bill.

Best regards,
rancois

oldpropfan
February 3rd, 2013, 23:50
Thank you Mark and Francois for your help.

Francois, I'll send you a PM with the text of my email and my email address, thank you very much for forwarding them for me.

Al

N428ER
February 4th, 2013, 06:35
Bill is very active in Facebook...

May I get a link for that? I regularly follow his blog.

Francois
February 4th, 2013, 07:24
https://www.facebook.com/bill.womack.9 (Bill's FB page)

spotlope
February 4th, 2013, 10:31
Sorry guys, I gave up visiting here a year or more ago after it seems the forum got mired down in intense negativity and anti-developer sentiment. Maybe that's passed by now. I'll add it back into my rotation and see what happens.

My blog, btw, is http://iblueyonder.com/ (not that I've been all that active on it lately). And yes, I can always be found on Facebook as well.

Oh yes, and it's perfectly okay to use my RAF library objects in any freeware, provided they truly are free. I've got no problem with that.

Bill

Francois
February 4th, 2013, 12:54
Full circle :)

OleBoy
February 4th, 2013, 15:09
Sorry guys, I gave up visiting here a year or more ago after it seems the forum got mired down in intense negativity and anti-developer sentiment.

Bill

I beg your pardon. That comes from a symptom called anti-customer. I've felt the same about the developer you create scenery for, for about a year or more. It must be contagious.

spotlope
February 4th, 2013, 17:05
I beg your pardon. That comes from a symptom called anti-customer. I've felt the same about the developer you create scenery for, for about a year or more. It must be contagious.

I see nothing has changed. Thanks for setting me straight.

OleBoy
February 4th, 2013, 17:31
Don't take it personal. It was not meant to be pointed at you. Best to choose your words to be politically correct as it is chosen at a certain forum you associate with. Hence my previous comment. I personally have no bad feelings of you.

ShawnG
February 4th, 2013, 17:39

Give my opinion whatever weight you want, I'm not much more than a lurker here, or most places in FS land. But I find this out of bounds. Bill came here to answer a request, and did so in a very consumer friendly manner, comments about this forum notwithstanding. And whatever you think about ORBX, and I've had my share of jaundiced opinions about some of their decisions and reactions, it's hard to classify them as anti-consumer either. Good support is always there, and they create products with lots of value that carry the standard of FSX scenery to this point. I've seen the support that Mr. Womack provides for his airports. It has not been found lacking.

OleBoy
February 4th, 2013, 17:52
He said, she said. Bill was kind enough to reply as someone asked. Unfortunately choosing the wrong words when he did. I respond as I see fit, and that's where I stand in my comment. Whether anyone else agrees or disagrees, that's their prerogative. Over & Out! :salute:

ShawnG
February 4th, 2013, 17:59
fair' nuff

N428ER
February 4th, 2013, 19:15
Dagnabit now you done run him off! What if I wanted to say H:kilroy:i?

ryanbatc
February 4th, 2013, 21:14
Odd thread....

oldpropfan
February 4th, 2013, 21:15
Thank you Bill, some nice work in that RAF library that really adds to the atmosphere of WWII fields. I apologize for any negative sentiments this thread seems to have rebirthed.

Mods, if one of you could lock this before it completely derails that would be great.

Al

CrisGer
February 4th, 2013, 22:57
Thank you very much Bill, and I agree about ending this thread now that the purpose is done and the mods might also delete several rather unfriendly posts. We like to maintain an atmosphere of welcoming and sharing in the sim community across the board, and I always enjoy that, and support limiting other approaches when they appear with kind and firm clarity. Thanks again Bill for wonderful work and many fine sharings.

Roger
February 4th, 2013, 23:02
It's closed! Maybe we should all attempt to engage brain before mouths open?