PDA

View Full Version : Grumman F5F

Daveroo
February 3rd, 2013, 22:25
if my memory is correct...which it prolly is not...i seem to remember a Grumman F5F in FS9.....or was it in FSX?......if it was FS9,has anyone tried to port it over?..or rebuild it??

huub vink
February 3rd, 2013, 23:33
Aeroplane Heaven released a Skyrocket in the past, which is definitely FS9. I can't recall I ever saw it in FSX.

Cheers,
Huub

lazarus
February 4th, 2013, 04:34
Paul(putput)Clawson has done a native/acceleration XF5F-1. Great for aerobatics, does vertical like a jet. Would have been an effective strike fighter as long as they didn't get into a turning fight.

warchild
February 4th, 2013, 06:17
There was an upload made here at one point of an XF5F , and there is this one at Flyaway Simulation. its a native FSX aircraft and the package comes with both the short nose and no nose models..
http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/9601/fsx-grumman-xf5f-1-skyrocket/

Daveroo
February 4th, 2013, 08:36
Thank you everyone...

warchild
February 4th, 2013, 11:26
:).. I love that the developer included the livery for the "Blackhawks" comic series.. not exactly my favorite color set but certainly one of my favorite comic's..

FSX68
February 4th, 2013, 13:10
:).. I love that the developer included the livery for the "Blackhawks" comic series.. not exactly my favorite color set but certainly one of my favorite comic's..

Pam,

Andre, the Frenchman in the Blackhawk comic books had already given me "Oui, oui." Andre said "Sacre bleu" in circumstances that led me to believe he was cussing at a low level. Sort of like our outbursts of "good gosh" or "gee whiz" when we were particularly vexed about something. Though, I never knew exactly what it meant, it seemed to have the stuff cuss words are made of, if you said it just the way you would a standard cuss term. And, like some such expressions, I thought it would work just as well as a term of surprise.

voyager
February 5th, 2013, 11:48
Daveroo,

The AH F5f planes for FS9 work in FSX. You might want to change the prop bmps for ones that are more transparent.
Make sure that the panel.cfg default view, SIZE_Y=, is set at 6143.

voyager