PDA

View Full Version : New carrier released: R11 Pricipe de Asturias

jagl04
February 3rd, 2013, 12:17
Hi friends.

Today is a sad day for the Spanish Armada: the R11 Principe de Asturias parts today for her last voyage to the scrapyard. She has served the Armada for 25 years.

I publish my model for FSX in tribute to the ship and all who have served in it.

You can find the model in the downloads section. Mainly for Harrier and helicopter lovers. Have fun, and safe landings. (Note: the last image is a winning shot of Lou Lie)

peter12213
February 3rd, 2013, 15:23
I had no idea she was to be scrapped, all the same a fitting tribute and a great model!

seawing
February 3rd, 2013, 21:39
Another great Spanish ship! Thanks a lot!

How is the oiler coming along, btw?

Cheers,
Seawing

lazarus
February 3rd, 2013, 22:06
:applause: Outstanding! What a great week.

DarrenL
February 4th, 2013, 01:40
Doesn't seem like 25 years, I still remember the shocking way the ship it replaced theDédalo (ex-USS Cabot) was treated after it was sold on from the Spanish Navy supposedly to a museum for preservation.

Ps. I uninstalled AiCarriers2 a while back because the latest Java updates killed it, does anyone know if it's fixed or working again? (I'm not in the position to dl and install here right now).

jagl04
February 4th, 2013, 07:45
Another great Spanish ship! Thanks a lot!

How is the oiler coming along, btw?

Cheers,
Seawing

The oiler is finished. As soon as the readme is ready I will upload it. And she will not be the last one.

seawing
February 4th, 2013, 08:18
Oh, a Santa Maria! Great! Will work well together with the other ones! Looking forward to it!

Seawing

Naruto-kun
February 4th, 2013, 09:30
I uninstalled AiCarriers2 a while back because the latest Java updates killed it, does anyone know if it's fixed or working again? (I'm not in the position to dl and install here right now).

The VRS TACPAC has a much nicer to use interface for it and the functionality is available even if you arent running the superbug.

Ian Warren
February 4th, 2013, 11:49
Ps. I uninstalled AiCarriers2 a while back because the latest Java updates killed it, does anyone know if it's fixed or working again? (I'm not in the position to dl and install here right now).
Darren , you want to revert back to Java 1.6 , I don't let Java auto update on my Flight Sim PC , that would get you up and running again .

Ian Warren
February 4th, 2013, 11:58
I publish my model for FSX in tribute to the ship and all who have served in it.

Now that really dose look smart , question : The increased wake especially on the bow , has that been modeled in or PS painted effect ?

jagl04
February 4th, 2013, 12:06
It is a paint effect created by Lou Lie, I wish I could create
something similar with a FSX effect

Ian Warren
February 4th, 2013, 12:14
It is a paint effect created by Lou Lie, I wish I could create
something similar with a FSX effect
Lou Lie did a nice job with paint effect :cool: with so many Carriers being released across spectrum - Ocean bow effects are really lacking - we need an effects GURU :cool:

DarrenL
February 4th, 2013, 12:56
Darren , you want to revert back to Java 1.6 , I don't let Java auto update on my Flight Sim PC , that would get you up and running again .

I don't have a Sim only PC though, it's online and used for everything. My Java is at v7.0.11.0 a long way past 1.6 or is 1.6 actually v6 as a google search I did calls v6 v1.6 on a MacOS install?

No 1.6 on here, jumps from 1.4 to v5 so I guess it is - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/archive-139210.html - both 32bit for FSX and 64bit versions for the OS needed I would also assume?

But then an older Java will not have the latest security patches, so it says.

DarrenL
February 4th, 2013, 12:58
The VRS TACPAC has a much nicer to use interface for it and the functionality is available even if you arent running the superbug.

VRS Tacpac says it requires the SuperbugX on the website http://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.htm sorry I'm not going to spend $80 on things I won't be using when only a tiny part is needed.

Bone
February 4th, 2013, 13:16
Downloaded. Thank you.

FlameOut
February 4th, 2013, 14:24
DarrenL,

I'm on Windows 7 Home, 64-bit and I'm running Java 7.0 update 13 and all is fine here. AIcarrier2 will work with new versions of Java, but here is a link to a website that talks about the statements above about reverting back to Java 1.6 or earlier:

http://www.taskforcefsx.com/aicarriers_fix.html

DarrenL
February 5th, 2013, 05:52
Sounds like they have fixed whatever they did to Java in the latest updates then, I uninstalled AiCarriers2 a while back when Java broke it so I have not tried recently. I'll reinstall tonight and see if the latest Java I have works too.

seawing
February 5th, 2013, 11:40
I just realized that PDA has a moving 3D radar antenna. Any chance to get such a feature update also for Juan Carlos I.?

Seawing

DarrenL
February 6th, 2013, 03:47
DarrenL,

I'm on Windows 7 Home, 64-bit and I'm running Java 7.0 update 13 and all is fine here. AIcarrier2 will work with new versions of Java, but here is a link to a website that talks about the statements above about reverting back to Java 1.6 or earlier:

http://www.taskforcefsx.com/aicarriers_fix.html

Win7 64bit too and I have Java 7.13. Installed aicarriers2 again, first time for about 12 months and I got the same error window popup I had last time I had it installed.

http://i46.tinypic.com/vxkp7d.jpg

My Windows is always fully updated and I have no issues with other programmes using Simconnect (like I believe Rex essentials). I do not get the error with Aicarriers uninstalled.

FlameOut
February 6th, 2013, 16:50
I'm at a loss along with you. :isadizzy:

Do you think that a reinstall of Simconnect might help even though you're having no problems with other programs that use it like REX ?
A few folks over at the A2A forums had some success with their problems that used Simconnect and Accusim.

Maybe some of the smart folks that frequent here will direct you to a good fix.

Javis
February 6th, 2013, 18:41
I am trying to get seasick for the first time in FSX. I also ran into that Java error message when clicking 'aicarriers.exe'. (W7/64, latest Java update, sofar only Nimitz installed ). Didn't load FSX yet, didn't uninstall 'Aicarriers2' neither. Since i figured 'Aicarriers2' won't work i installed 'carriertracks1and2' by David Scott Wilson. Loaded FSX, found all the Carrier 'flight files' which all work fine.

Just for the heck of it i clicked 'Add-Ons' from the FSX menu bar ( i *did* install 'Aicarriers2' afterall, didn't i.. ) and found 'AI Ships' in the menu. Clicked it,' Show/Hide Menu' , menu popped up, Nimitz popped up just a mile ahead... I.e. i don't know what this 'aicarriers.exe' thingy inside the 'AICarrriers' folder is supposed to do apart from showing this Java error warning, 'Aicarriers2' works perfectly fine on my W7/64 latest Java update FSX. :cool:

cheers,
Jan

P.S. Ahhh.... now i see..... no Java error message when i click 'aicarriers.exe' with FSX running. It just says " AI Carriers r2, connected to FSX " :sheep:

Sindhu
February 8th, 2013, 06:50
Hi friends.

Today is a sad day for the Spanish Armada: the R11 Principe de Asturias parts today for her last voyage to the scrapyard. She has served the Armada for 25 years.

You can find the model in the downloads section. Mainly for Harrier and helicopter lovers. Have fun, and safe landings. (Note: the last image is a winning shot of Lou Lie)

Thank you very much Sir. Many people in Thailand were surprised that the Principe de Asturias is decommissioned because her younger sister HTMS Chakri Naruebet is here in the Royal Thai Navy.