PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations PLEASE

gigabyte
February 3rd, 2013, 08:19
OK I am Hoping (let me dream about it anyway...lol) to get back into simming, it has been too long and I will pretty much have to start from scratch. SOooo I am thinking I will start fresh & clean with P3D and see how that works out. Now here are the questions; has anyone tried teh Saitek Instrument switches and auto pilot panels in P3D? last time I messed with them they did not work and the Saitek form had little info (I can't even access it a tthe moment?), the other is more of a "what do you like best" question, I know most of teh payware Planes and scenery will work on both and I have a few favs that I will try, but I want some new planes and I am wondering if anyone has seen a good payware V22 Ospray? I know there was one for FSX and I am going to search for it but I was wondering if anyone had tried it and what your feeling was?

Any suggestions on good scenery addon's would be appreciated as well, I am planning a clean start so aside from the Halifax add on I will be stock.

Lionheart
February 4th, 2013, 23:41
Hey Mike,

I'll try to answer these in order;

* I do not have those Saitek units, sorry. I do have the X52, runs fine, nothing else though. There is a forum room I thought over at P3D's website that discusses the addon controls like Saitek, etc.

* What do you like best? hmmmm... How fast it starts up, the smoothness. Mind you, the sim does not have things that FSX has; no startup screen, not many base aircraft, no live weather, etc. You can purchase an addon weather program that will run live weather for you, like Rex, etc. Also, for people like me that like to be able to setup a flight first, you can get SimLauncher (freeware) that can start your sim with your plane of choice, where you want, select a weather setting, etc. Very nice little program.

For scenery and airplanes, think of P3 as being like FSX in that it runs the same things that FSX runs. ORBX have had issues now for some reason with the latest build version of P3D. I am having problems running ORBX myself. It drops from 36 FPS (in regular area's) to 12 FPS in ORBX lands. Could be my rig, I dont know. I now have a pretty powerful computer though, so it should be running ORBX like glass.

It would be interesting to hear from others that have ORBX on P3D and hear their thoughts on its performance. I heard the same at the ORBX forums, low FPS performance, so I dont know. It was working pretty darn good and faster on my older computer with Prepar3D's previous build version. (Perhaps a shader issue?).

Dino's new F35A, B, and C just went payware not long ago. The B will do vertical take-offs. Special tune on the config for its gauges will enable fully laden VTOL takeoffs. Very nice futuristic jet.

ORBX now have England and NZ North Island, and NZ South Island scenery. I hear the performance is bad. If it was good, I would have to get that. Thats what I am hearing on the grapevines lately.

Alabeo is about to launch a nice GeeBee also. Alabeo is also Carenado, but building wilder planes, different / new team of people from what I hear.

Thats about it. Lots of sky, lots of land...

Bill