PDA

View Full Version : C-119 Prop issues

FSX68
February 2nd, 2013, 11:53
I noticed in the Fairchild C119 LEAS Air Cargo NAM Model by Daisuke Yamamoto that the view thru the spinning props masks the clouds or trees or anything on the other side of the spinning props:

Whereas in the C-47 by manfred jahn does not.:

80271Is there a fix for the C119 props that would allow the same effect as you see in the above DC3?

napamule
February 2nd, 2013, 12:02
Yeah. I seem to be stuck doing props today. Bob did an update for the C119. It's at FltSimCom, file name 'c119prop.zip'. Good luck.
Chuck B
Napamule

FSX68
February 2nd, 2013, 12:19
Yeah. I seem to be stuck doing props today. Bob did an update for the C119. It's at FltSimCom, file name 'c119prop.zip'. Good luck.
Chuck B
Napamule

Believe it or not I did try that one and I get the same results. Think is was a fix for FS9 version. Thanks anyway.

The main issue is the transparency of the back ground when viewed thru the spinning props.

Daube
February 2nd, 2013, 12:54
This is due to the fact that your C119 is an FS9 plane, and there's nothing you can do to solve that problem.
On some FS9 models, the props dissappear behind the clouds and autogen. On other FS9 models, it's the autogen that dissappears behind the prop.
It's a modelling/compatibility issue and it's not related to the prop texture at all.

Manfred's C-47 is in FSX-native format, so it's normal that it doesn't suffer from any display issue.

FSX68
February 2nd, 2013, 13:24
This is due to the fact that your C119 is an FS9 plane, and there's nothing you can do to solve that problem.
On some FS9 models, the props dissappear behind the clouds and autogen. On other FS9 models, it's the autogen that dissappears behind the prop.
It's a modelling/compatibility issue and it's not related to the prop texture at all.

Manfred's C-47 is in FSX-native format, so it's normal that it doesn't suffer from any display issue.

Ah so... Thanks for the info.

:engel016:

napamule
February 3rd, 2013, 15:42
Well you might be thinking that I don't know my C-130 from my C-119 or C-123. Well you might be right (hehe). I didn't even have the Boxcar installed in FSX. (Looks GOOD in FS9). The prop IS messed up like usual and no other 'prop_3.bmp' from any other ac helped. Still it looks good enough to keep in FSX. The prop issue isn't that bad a deal. Here is pic of what I have. Close enough for horseshoes.
Chuck B
Napamule