PDA

View Full Version : Orbx NZ North, NZ South or England?

Montie
February 2nd, 2013, 08:36
I am thinking of expanding the Orbx scenery, but I can not decide which one to get (first). Any recommendations?

dougal
February 2nd, 2013, 08:54
I am thinking of expanding the Orbx scenery, but I can not decide which one to get (first). Any recommendations?

I have NZ South and England and, to be honest, I prefer NZ to England. I think because the mountains and and BRILLIANT addons like NZMF Milford Sound. I'm having a ball there. Don't know much about NZ North - sorry.

Hendo
February 2nd, 2013, 08:59
Hi Montie,

I have all three, and I would definately
recommend NZ first. The scenery is much
more diverse.

All the best,

John.

Kiwikat
February 2nd, 2013, 09:05
I would get NZ north first, then south. North has all sorts of terrain as well as Auckland. They are both wonderful sceneries.

skyhawka4m
February 2nd, 2013, 09:17
NZNI then NZSI

olderndirt
February 2nd, 2013, 09:27
Probably just me but the look of the Orbx sceneries seemed to change after NZSI.

Ian Warren
February 2nd, 2013, 11:19
I'm bias coming from Christchurch but in saying that Ive traveled up and down the country on my super bikes .. I'd to hell with it and buy both then you can add both NI/SI freewares from here http://www.fs-creations.org/Freeware-Scenerys.php :cool:

Montie PM me and i be able to setup and send i link to the 1GB photo-real of Christchurch :salute:

TheGrunt
February 2nd, 2013, 11:30
From the title options I own only the NZ south and all I can say that choice should be made by what location interests you the most. If you are interested in flying NZ and perhaps own ORBX Australia and like to do some flying between them, then it is either one of the NZ scenery. If you are mostly flying in Europe and like to do some hops in England, then go with the England. I own every single ORBX scenery except NZSI and England and every one of them is a quality product. So in my humble opionion, if you have limited possibilites to purchase only one of those, choose an area which interests you the most. In quality terms you can't go wrong and even the "old" ones, like Australia, are top notch.

dvj
February 2nd, 2013, 11:41
80269NZ north and south are amazing. Run, get both. Volcanos, glaciers, Southern alps, wow.

Roger
February 2nd, 2013, 13:54
ORBX England SP1 is a superb package if EU is where you'd rather be. I have all of PNW, Aus and NZSI but more and more I'm flying locally:jump:

Sundog
February 2nd, 2013, 16:53
You can't go wrong with any one of them IMHO. The question for you is, what kind of flying do you like to do and what kind of landscape are you looking for? I have to say, though, in keeping with what everyone else has said, if you just want a scenery with all kinds of different landscapes on it, The New Zealand scenery is the best. I feel like I'm flying in the land that time forgot when I fly there. All it really needs is more dinosaurs. :)

But if I could only get one add on area and one airport, I would hands down go with NZSI and the Milford Sound add-on. I think Queenstown is going to be their next airport release for NZ, but I'm not sure. It's another great airport on the south island.

Also, their Milford sound add on actually includes three airports, though it's really four since one of them also has a private strip near it. They are challenging and fun to fly into as well.

Montie
February 3rd, 2013, 02:47
Thanks everybody for your inputs! I will start with the South Island and then North.