PDA

View Full Version : Carenado B200

dougal
February 2nd, 2013, 04:10
Anyone have the Carenado B200? I fancy a small TP twin and that looks nice.

glennc
February 2nd, 2013, 06:26
I have it. It is beautiful, systems feel good to me (I have a about 30 minutes right seat time in the real thing) and flies well. Good choice. The main competition is the Real Air Turbo Duke. You can't go wrong either way. - Glenn

dougal
February 2nd, 2013, 06:41
I have it. It is beautiful, systems feel good to me (I have a about 30 minutes right seat time in the real thing) and flies well. Good choice. The main competition is the Real Air Turbo Duke. You can't go wrong either way. - Glenn

Thanks Glenn
I already have the RA Duke & Turbo. And yes, it is indeed brilliant. I'm rather hoping though, that the B200 will be a little less heavy on frame rates. Would I be correct?

pilottj
February 2nd, 2013, 07:04
I think the T-Duke has the best PT-6 simulation out there so far, it has limitations and consequences. I haven't tried Carenado's PT-6 modelling yet, but I think it theirs is closer to default MS turboprop model. I would say, try the Carenado B200 through Flight1's installer, that way you can return it if you don't like it. Flight1 themselves are working on a B200 which should be really nice and have indepth systems and more realistic turboprop modelling. I think the Milviz MU-2 and Razbam Merlin are also worth waiting for. :)

You might try the OV-10 Bronco too, that has fantastic turboprop modelling.

Naruto-kun
February 2nd, 2013, 10:06
Dont forget the Milviz KA350/350i ;)

dougal
February 2nd, 2013, 10:53
I took the plunge and got the B200. It looks and feels fantastic. The sounds are great OUTSIDE, but I HATE what they've done in the VC with sound. It's done as if wearing headphones which means it's practically silent.

Anyone know of a way to boost the volume without paying for another sound set?

Paul Anderson
February 2nd, 2013, 16:54
I took the plunge and got the B200. It looks and feels fantastic. The sounds are great OUTSIDE, but I HATE what they've done in the VC with sound. It's done as if wearing headphones which means it's practically silent.

Anyone know of a way to boost the volume without paying for another sound set?

If you're adventurous, make a backup copy of the sound folder.
If the internal and external wav files don't appear to be the same volume when you double click on them, try increasing the internal volume files some with a wav editor.

If they are about the same volume (and even if they're not, as an alternative) edit the sound.cfg and try tinkering with some values in the internal engine sounds entries.
I don't have the FSX sdk loaded, but the online ESP sdk engine sounds section is probably the same. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526952.aspx
Identify the internal cockpit view sound sections (viewpoint=1) and try bumping up applicable entries for vparams, maximum_volume, minimum_volume or
copy the correspond values from external entries and reduce them some.

Sounds like pain, but could be fun and save purchasing another sound set.

Kiwikat
February 2nd, 2013, 17:20
The sounds are great OUTSIDE, but I HATE what they've done in the VC with sound. It's done as if wearing headphones which means it's practically silent.

So you mean it is realistic then? I wish more devs made the interior sounds more realistic. I love the headphones option in the newer accusim planes.

jetstreamsky
February 2nd, 2013, 19:35
I love the headphones option in the newer accusim planes.

Which is exactly how it should be, an option.