PDA

View Full Version : '9 Year Old Hero In Pit Bull Attack'

Panther_99FS
January 6th, 2009, 17:29
http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story/9-Year-Old-Boy-Hero-in-Pit-Bull-Attack/NugqI-UpPUiNI0MHEGTqDQ.cspx

Thoe6969
January 6th, 2009, 17:44
Yep he's a hero in my eyes.:applause:

cheezyflier
January 6th, 2009, 20:08
that's what a man does. he rises to the occasion. he is more man than many of the men i know.

TARPSBird
January 6th, 2009, 20:59
Takes a gutsy young lad to slap a choke-hold on a pit bull! :eek:

Snuffy
January 7th, 2009, 03:55
Wow!

:faint:

Big_Stick
January 7th, 2009, 08:48
Best strategy with a pit bull is to let the dog grab your leg, don't run away, because it'll try to pull you to the ground. Once the dog's jaws are locked, use your thumbs to gouge its eyes into a bloody pulp. Its jaws are its only weapon and once they are engaged on a non-vital body part, you are then free to gouge and rip the orbs out at your leisure. Of course, having the self-control to do this is something else again.:karate:

If the dog is locked onto someone else you can get around behind it and put the chokehold onto it like the young man did. What a kid.:amen:

ben54b
January 7th, 2009, 10:27
That young man deserves a life saving medal.:medals:
Hope they Sue the dogs owner !!!

Ben

brad kaste
January 7th, 2009, 10:43
My type of young man. I think he probably has responsible parents behind him.

cheezyflier
January 7th, 2009, 11:00
That young man deserves a life saving medal.:medals:
Hope they Sue the dogs owner !!!

Ben

i totally agree! because no matter what happens, the dog will be punished because the owner was a total reject. the owner should have to accept full responsibility for the causality of their actions, or lack of.

My type of young man. I think he probably has responsible parents behind him.

that's a pretty safe bet

OBIO
January 7th, 2009, 17:46
Brave kid there, and one who knew how to focus during a time of great stress.

This probably isn't the right thread to do this in...but I just have to counter a point in another thread. Pit bulls do not "lock" their jaws. Their jaw structures are no different than any other breed....they do not have locking jaws. What happens is that they bite so hard that their jaw muscles can develop cramps (a charlie horse basically) that makes it hard to them to release what is in their mouths.

And there is not such a breed as pit bull. There is an American Pit Bull Terrier, but no such thing as a pit bull. Many of the dogs that are reported in these "pit bull" attacks are not American Pit Bull Terriers, but are reported to be so due to people assuming a dog of a certain build and look is an American Pit Bull Terrier. I have seen people point at Boxers, Bulldogs, American Bulldogs, American and English Staffordshire Terriers and Bull Terriers and call them pit bulls.

Okay...getting off the soap box now.

OBIO