PDA

View Full Version : REX question

Daveroo
February 1st, 2013, 08:41
im thinking of buying the REX package..REX essential with overdrive..
id like to know if i can then un-install my copy of active sky evolution ,as it never has worked correctly for me and i gave up on it,is my understanding of REX is that it is a weather program that not only creates weather ,IE, improves the FSX clouds ect..but will it "see" my local realtime weather and put the proper weather into the sim for my area,with clouds,fog,rain,or searing sun?

thanks

aircav1970
February 1st, 2013, 09:01
Hey Dave,been a REX user since the very beginning and the latest version,REXE+OD is a fantastic weather tool.Having owned ASE prior I had a few problems with it and that was my reason for switching to REX also.To answer your question,yes,the REX program downloads the latest metars from your local weather monitoring stations and you can adjust how often REX injects the weather into the sim.The latest version also lets you customize weather "layers",windshear,turbulance,icing effects and more so I think you will be happy with the program.If I could make a suggestion,I would purchase through the FlightSimStore.com site as they offer unlimited downloads of the purchase and if there is a big update in the program,FSS will add the whole new product your "My Account" section of their store.

Daveroo
February 1st, 2013, 13:00
ok thank you,great info.Active sky evolution never worked right for me...ever...it was raining hard here one day,im about three miles from the airport,and i can see the beacon on the ridge where it is on a clear night,my town is a large bowl,im on one side the airport is on the other,,i know it was raining just as hard there,and aswell as at Beale AFB,which is where the nearest weather radar is..it was a flooding type rain in my area of northern california..so i went to ASE and did everything according to instructions...to the "T" as they say.......and it showed clear skys,,sun,ofcourse,and temps in the 80s....and hen one summer...it was 104F here..and i fired up all my goodies to fly and ASE was telling me we had dense fog with less than a 1/4 mile vis and light rain.......arrrrrrrg.