PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea......! (auto loans)

Lionheart
January 6th, 2009, 15:50
Hey guys,

Yes, now and then, I get an idea...

You know how the Government (in the United States) is giving banks money to give loans, but banks are pocketing the money, holding on loans, and raising interest rates anyways?

Ok.. Hows this. The USA creates a loan system. You aquire a loan for say a car or even perhaps (perhaps) a house, (but for now lets think small and basic, cars....).

You apply for the car, if you get the loan, your interest goes back into America... You pay back your loan, (you get a loan to begin with), and America makes a small profit.

Hmmm? :rapture:

Bill

GT182
January 6th, 2009, 15:53
Sounds like higher taxes to me Bill. :costumes:

Lionheart
January 6th, 2009, 15:55
Yeah... Might be...

Its just my thoughts that if the bank isnt using this money, the Govt could make money on it directly and cut out the middle man that is getting stingy.

:karate:

GT182
January 6th, 2009, 15:59
But then it sounds like a certain country we we fought a "cold war" with if done that way. Another government working on having total control. If ya see what I mean. ;)

Drake
January 6th, 2009, 18:08
It would never work. To many people including politicians are getting flithy rich with the way things are now.

Wittpilot
January 6th, 2009, 18:26
I see where you are coming from Bill, and it makes sense.. At least the government would get theosn back.. Do you suppose GM will give back all those billions?

HundertzehnGustav
January 7th, 2009, 01:26
only if the rulers of amercica agree to use that profit to make life better for those small and poor middle class workers, and also agree on NOT taking the profit from the workers.

unfortunately, this is a case of theory vs reality.

in theory an awesome idea, but greed will ruin it.:monkies:

:wave:

Piglet
January 7th, 2009, 19:51
And who would administer and run this operation? Taxpayers? Since I helped pay for your "new car", gonna give me a ride?

Lionheart
January 7th, 2009, 23:18
and who would administer and run this operation? Taxpayers? Since i helped pay for your "new car", gonna give me a ride?

lolol....

cheezyflier
January 8th, 2009, 08:38
i used to always pick up hitchhikers. especially in bad weather.
i stopped doing that when i switched to motorcycles