PDA

View Full Version : To The Developers

Mach3DS
January 30th, 2013, 07:52
I've been recently wondering why a site like Amazon can't be used to purchase aircraft? Not wanting to take away from our favorite sim stores, but so many times, I find myself with an amazon gift card of $50 or more and I would LOVE to use it on payware products but I can't...unless it's some boxed version, which I don't do :) Is it possible to add this as an option to purchase aircraft? Please excuse my ignorance on the subject if there's some obvious reason that I'm simply unaware of. But in all honesty, I'm just one user, and I'm sure there's others, and over the last few years there's at least $200 of Amazon gift cards which I would have loved to use on this hobby on top of what I just outright purchase in addition. Not looking for better deals, just a different avenue to purchase since amazon gift cards (at least to me, seem pretty prevelant). Just saying. :D

pilottj
January 30th, 2013, 07:55
I've been recently wondering why a site like Amazon can't be used to purchase aircraft? Not wanting to take away from our favorite sim stores, but so many times, I find myself with an amazon gift card of $50 or more and I would LOVE to use it on payware products but I can't...unless it's some boxed version, which I don't do :) Is it possible to add this as an option to purchase aircraft? Please excuse my ignorance on the subject if there's some obvious reason that I'm simply unaware of. But in all honesty, I'm just one user, and I'm sure there's others, and over the last few years there's at least $200 of Amazon gift cards which I would have loved to use on this hobby on top of what I just outright purchase in addition. Not looking for better deals, just a different avenue to purchase since amazon gift cards (at least to me, seem pretty prevelant). Just saying. :D

I got my Aerosoft boxed PMDG MD-11 and 747 off of Amazon for decent price.

Mach3DS
January 30th, 2013, 08:16
Yeah, I've only ever seen Aerosoft Released PMDG stuff on Amazon...I guess what I'm envisioning is something like this:

Use gift card at amazon>Receive Vendor Voucher code>use voucher at the Vendors store or preferred store as normal.

So for example. I go to amazon. I buy a voucher for say, A2A. I can then use the voucher at the A2A site store like cash.

You could even have stores, like PCAvitor for example, where you could buy a voucher and then use it at their store for any product they sell.

This way, you can spend that amazon money on our hobby, and not have good $money$ otherwise unusable. You may even find a few more customers who are just outside the payware loop come inside! Just a thought.