PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave 3D Lights for FSX/FS9

TARPSBird
January 29th, 2013, 14:42
It's "10% Off Tuesday" at PCAviator.com so I was thinking of grabbing a couple items this evening. I know the A2A Accu-Feel package has received several strong recommendations here (most recently in Jan Kees' F4U thread), I was wondering if I could get a few comments on the A2A Shockwave Lights before I throw stuff in my shopping cart. I'm particularly interested in how well it improves the warm light of standard incandescent bulb effects, like you would see on the landing lights of C-47's and other older planes. Thanks in advance. :salute:

Tako_Kichi
January 29th, 2013, 14:59
They have a number of landing lights specifically intended for those types of aircraft as shown below:

fx_shockwave_landing_light_low_old
fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_old
fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_old
fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old
fx_shockwave_landing_light_tail_old

The 'old' designation means that the light is 'softer' and more yellow in tone to represent an incandescent bulb.

If you do decide to get the Shockwave lights pop over to the specific A2A forum where users have listed the settings for hundreds of aircraft and if you want to try setting up your own there are a couple of tutorials on there that I wrote several years ago when the Shockwave lights first came out.

TARPSBird
January 31st, 2013, 12:18
Tako_Kichi, thanks for the response. Yes, I got the Shockwave lights megapack for both FS9 and FSX and they look good on the default aircraft. I will definitely use those incandescent landing lights to replace some on my favorite planes that are weak, or have the too-bright xenon appearance.