PDA

View Full Version : T-34C Turbo Mentor

noddy
October 4th, 2008, 10:17
New on alphasim

"This all-new rendition of the ever-popular T-34C will be available at AlphaSim very soon. The screenshots show the stunning FSX version, which is full-FSX standard with all the features). The high-detail v-c (front and rear) will feature AlphaSim's RealGauge technology. A soundset is included. FS9 version available also."

JT8D-9A
October 4th, 2008, 10:42
Looks nice! Hopefully they will sell it also via Flight1.

DrZGard
October 4th, 2008, 11:05
:applause:

empeck
October 4th, 2008, 11:15
It is funny that many developers call 3d gauges their own gauge technology :D

stiz
October 4th, 2008, 11:17
It is funny that many developers call 3d gauges their own gauge technology :D

tis really, seeing as how they all use the same method :d

empeck
October 4th, 2008, 11:19
tis really, seeing as how they all use the same method :d

Exactly. Now, how I'll to call my 3d gauges in Orlik... Maybe SimHangar's uber-gauges technology? :costumes:

Panther_99FS
October 4th, 2008, 11:23
Hey guys,
RealAirSimulations calls theirs "Smooth Gauge Technology".....:mixedsmi:

empeck
October 4th, 2008, 11:31
Hey guys,

I know - they do this since FS9.

I like 3d gauges, it does look smooth, and real, but I don't understand why developers call those gauges 'their technology', while it's 100% SDK compliant.

gajit
October 4th, 2008, 13:17
I dont care what they call the darn things - so long as they are representative of the real thing and they work properly!

chinookmark
October 4th, 2008, 13:28
That's too funny ... I was just thinking yesterday that we need a T-34, and then I find Alphasim's tonight!

noddy
October 4th, 2008, 13:30
I dont care what they call the darn things - so long as they are representative of the real thing and they work properly!

:costumes::costumes:

MCDesigns
October 4th, 2008, 13:56
Very nice, but I want the scenery in the 2nd shot, love that beach line!

I'm just happy they are not calling gauge "X" technology, we have enough "X" products on the market, LOL :costumes:

Warrant
October 4th, 2008, 14:03
As long as it beats the Carenado T-34, i'm interrested :applause:

Panther_99FS
October 4th, 2008, 14:18

Carenado didn't make the turbo version...:kilroy:

will_b
October 4th, 2008, 15:46
Exactly. Now, how I'll to call my 3d gauges in Orlik... Maybe SimHangar's uber-gauges technology? :costumes:

Empeck-able Gauges??:d

deimos256
October 4th, 2008, 15:47
Sweet I'm going to go see if theres more info on their bulletin boa...... oooops nevermind still down

Warrant
October 4th, 2008, 16:04
Carenado didn't make the turbo version...:kilroy:

.....it beats the Carenado T-34, i'm .....

...as in no C, but the model (quality and such) in general :kilroy::kilroy:

:d

Nick C
October 4th, 2008, 16:13
Very nice, but I want the scenery in the 2nd shot, love that beach line!

Mega Scenery Hawaii Michael ;)

Javis
October 4th, 2008, 20:23
Hey guys,

Don't forget that it was Sean Moloney ( RealAir model and gauge designer ) who showed us this magnificent 3D gauge technique first ! Remember how we were blown away by it ??...... Atleast i was !! :mixedsmi:

Btw, he's still the first and only with his gorgeous 'real' Whisky Compass.... as in 'floating in liquid' ! :cool:

A true follower of Bill 'The Innovator' Lyons if ever there was...

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
October 4th, 2008, 20:26

Impossible if you ask me...

Can't wait for Carenado's FSX iteration of their magnificent T-34.

Cheers,
Jan

Pepere
October 5th, 2008, 06:15
Nice looking for sure. Hope it wont be priced at $60.00+ though. Carenado is still in the 20.00s for their FSX models..

David

Lateral-G
October 6th, 2008, 10:11
I noticed the preview was taken down from the AS website......

-G-

rsgunner
October 6th, 2008, 10:14
G

I just went to the main page and the preview is still there and it now as 6 images instead of the original 3.

Russ

simkid22
October 6th, 2008, 12:01
I cant wait to see it in NASA colors! :jump:

Lateral-G
October 6th, 2008, 12:03
G

I just went to the main page and the preview is still there and it now as 6 images instead of the original 3.

Russ

yeah, it's there now but just a few hours ago it wasn't.......

-G-

stiz
October 6th, 2008, 12:16
prolly just updateing it with new info before :wavey:

JohnC
October 6th, 2008, 12:46
Nice looking for sure. Hope it wont be priced at $60.00+ though. Carenado is still in the 20.00s for their FSX models..

David

I thought the Carenado version wasn't SP2/Accel compatible?

stiz
October 6th, 2008, 13:04
its not, but if they continue and upgrade the rest of their fleet to full FSX then it'll be around the same price as the others i reckon :)

noddy
October 6th, 2008, 13:07
The Carenado Mentor had to be one of my all time FS9 favourites, be great to see it in FSX.

fsafranek
October 6th, 2008, 13:31
Right. Back on topic?

It has really nice textures :icon_lol: (more to come after release and there will be my typically effortless on your part paint kit). While other projects were underway I worked with the modeler a lot to correct several visual areas and to make the textures better and easier to do. The VC from what I've seen is going to be awesome. Dano is doing that part so it will be on the detail level of at least the Blackhawk and KA-50. It does really well in FSX on my lame system so it'll be even better in FS9.
:ernae:

noddy
October 6th, 2008, 13:33
Sounds good Frank :jump:

fsafranek
October 6th, 2008, 13:43
I know - they do this since FS9.

I like 3d gauges, it does look smooth, and real, but I don't understand why developers call those gauges 'their technology', while it's 100% SDK compliant.

It's just marketing. :d Eventually it will be common place and no one will bother mentioning it. But you have to have something to say. In the case of Alphasim, who have been around for years and already made one of these, what it means is that we aren't just re-packaging the previous version. This one is new from the ground up, inside and out.

I really like this one, and it's not just sleep deprevation talking here.:costumes:

DennyA
October 6th, 2008, 17:27
I had the original Alphasim T-34C for FS9; apparently that one went away in a flurry of controversy over some of the assets used.

Anxious to see this one! Wish they'd do a T-34A or B as well, since I've flown one of those.

PRB
October 6th, 2008, 18:49
Looking forward to this one. Maybe go over this a bit before the first flight! :d And usually when Alphasim says "soon", they actually mean soon, like days!

robby88
October 6th, 2008, 19:37
Hey guys,

Actually MS were the first with key framed gauges in CFS3. I just call mine 3D gauges :icon_lol:

It will be interesting to see how the AS T-34 shapes up. What version of the T-34 did Carenado produce?

simkid22
October 6th, 2008, 20:39
Alphasim is making the C and Carenado made the B. Now if there was an A then we'd have them all!

S
October 7th, 2008, 02:02
I'm not really a fan of the Turbo version. It just doesn't look at good as the older versions but that's personal taste I guess.

txnetcop
October 7th, 2008, 02:15
The Carenado model is awfully hard to beat...I guess we will soon see.:applause:
Ted

Thoe6969
October 7th, 2008, 05:59
The Carenado model is awfully hard to beat...I guess we will soon see.:applause:
Ted
I,ve been sitting here waiting for Carenado's FSX version for what seems like forever,while they just keep doing the Cessnas that we allready have plenty of.Its has been my favorite plane in FS9 and pre FSX sp2,sure can,t wait to get it back.

deimos256
October 7th, 2008, 06:20
Right. Back on topic?

It has really nice textures :icon_lol: (more to come after release and there will be my typically effortless on your part paint kit). While other projects were underway I worked with the modeler a lot to correct several visual areas and to make the textures better and easier to do. The VC from what I've seen is going to be awesome. Dano is doing that part so it will be on the detail level of at least the Blackhawk and KA-50. It does really well in FSX on my lame system so it'll be even better in FS9.

is the vc going to load faster than the 2 mentioned above? Great detail but going into the VC from external takes quite a while to laod the VC, the longest of any in my hangar, and my system is by no means a dog

MudMarine
October 7th, 2008, 07:24
Ted
I'm with ya Ted! Carenado's is still one of my favorite sim planes!

PS They need one that says "MARINES" on the side!!!

fsafranek
October 7th, 2008, 12:27
is the vc going to load faster than the 2 mentioned above? Great detail but going into the VC from external takes quite a while to laod the VC, the longest of any in my hangar, and my system is by no means a dog

Probably not judging from my system but as I've said many times before (what the heck happened to my post count? :icon_lol: ) FSX is a real challenge for my lame old PC. I muster 17 fps on default aircraft with the sliders all to the left. Still an enjoyable flight but not nearly as interesting looking as the screenshots some folks post.

fsafranek
October 7th, 2008, 12:30
I'm with ya Ted! Carenado's is still one of my favorite sim planes!

PS They need one that says "MARINES" on the side!!!

I'll make sure there is a repaint with that just for you Mud Marine. :icon_lol: Too bad the Marines don't land them with the gear up otherwise I could also include the sharksmouth.

MudMarine
October 7th, 2008, 13:27
Gear? We don't need no stinking gear! Landing gear is for those Navy sissies! We just use our legs, Marines are strong enough!:d

johndetrick
October 8th, 2008, 13:25
You never know. if I pick it up there may be a MARINE repaint or two!

rsgunner
October 8th, 2008, 14:22
I can assure you that at least one(maybe 2) Marine version(TAW-4) and one Army version(Bragg) will be shoved out the door shortly after the package is released and the paint kit becomes available.

amart235
October 20th, 2008, 06:44
"Very soon"? 2 weeks later and....

Panther_99FS
October 20th, 2008, 09:59
"Very soon"? 2 weeks later and....

No rush - I'd rather wait for them to get it as right as possible....Especially without a support forum...

fsafranek
October 20th, 2008, 21:23
No rush - I'd rather wait for them to get it as right as possible....Especially without a support forum...

Epsillon
November 2nd, 2008, 04:21
Found on Alphasim webpage...

T-34C release immenent ! Sadly though, there will not be an FS2004 version, the sheer complexity of the virtual cockpit environment and the many new systems management features we have introduced are beyond the capability of the older sim to sustain. We are however now including a first-rate Turbine Sounds Studios sounds package and 100% authentic warning sounds recorded with the help of the US Navy, who have helped us create our first true Flight Systems Training package in this Turbo Mentor. Simmers seeking a 'true' flying experience will not be disappointed. Screenshots have been available in our Gallery for over a week now.

MCDesigns
November 2nd, 2008, 04:34

Yep, same for me as well. Mine is due to too many high res cockpit texture sheets. I reduced them to 1/2 the size and it made a big improvement. I lost a little quality, but then again, I don't look at the panel as much as I look at the environment and in the Kamov, I don't speak Russian, LOL..

gajit
November 2nd, 2008, 06:16
It looks very promising. Dan's achieved so much to improve the standard of the VCs - It would be great to download the manual ahead of the release.