PDA

View Full Version : Iris P-40E Flight model Uploaded

warchild
January 27th, 2013, 18:57
Man am i brain dead tonight.. However, the flight model for the freeware Iris P-40E kittyhawk has been uploaded. I think you'll find this to be a completely new aircraft. Lift, pitch, roll, yaw, speed, torque, nearly every aspect of the flight model has been gone over and updated.. I sincerely hope you enjoy it..
Get it here ( and please for the moment ignore the multiple uploads.. like i said, i'm pretty braindead tonight and made multiple uploads before i new what was going on..
Here it is..
Pam

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?s=&catid=34&nameid=&sort=h&page=1&pp=20&keyid=102

Quicksand
January 28th, 2013, 06:28
Thanks a bunch, Pam. It may be a few days before I get to try this out, but I know you are very talented at what you do... I appreciate it very much. :applause::medals::icon29::guinness:

skyhawka4m
January 28th, 2013, 06:48
loaded the FDE and such and the plane refuses to fly.....not sure whats wrong....

warchild
January 28th, 2013, 09:03
loaded the FDE and such and the plane refuses to fly.....not sure whats wrong....

I've got an idea what may be wrong. My QA wasnt complete enough.. There are four separate P-40 releases by Iris on my system. and that was before the freeware version. Two of those ( P-40E Series and P-40 Kittyhawk ) are almost identical and it did not occur to me that the one set was any different than the other in terms of flight model. let me go back and run some more tests.. My sincerest apologies. I'll attempt to have this fixed in the next few hours.

warchild
January 28th, 2013, 09:37
OK, skyhawka4m and everyone. Could you please look in your airplanes folder and tell me which of the below listed folders you have?? It would be an amazing help as I discovered that on the Iris Site, the freeware package was their Aces of the commonwealth package, and on simviation, it the P-40 Warhawk package. They are two different packages. So knowing which folders you have will help me get you the latest i can for the specific aircraft you have..
Thanks.
Pam
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/th_Iris-P_40s_zpsc5563ff5.jpg (http://s88.beta.photobucket.com/user/urushira/media/Iris-P_40s_zpsc5563ff5.jpg.html)

ps. you may have to click on the image to make it large enough to read. sorry.. its photobucket screwing around..

Butcherbird17
January 28th, 2013, 10:40
warchild, I have the Aces of the Commonwealth package which is the IRIS P-40 Kittyhawk folder.

Joe

warchild
January 28th, 2013, 10:54
thanks Butcherbird. Is that the freeware package?? The reason I ask is i just downloaded the freeware package and took a gander at it.. although its using the same file naming , its a completely different package than anything that Iris released before.. The version I downloaded was from Simviation, which may or may not be different from other freeware versions should they exist. My intentions in this is to unravel the confusion here and get everyone updated whether they have freeware or payware.Buti have to ask everyone to bear with me as fankly this is a confusing little mess file wise..
Thanks..

aircav1970
January 28th, 2013, 11:09
Hi Warchild,I d/l'd it and tried it earlier this morning,works fantastic and I have the Iris P-40-E_1 according to the model folder in simobjects,it was the freeware version from the Iris website.

warchild
January 28th, 2013, 11:21
Thats awesome aircav.. but that also means there are two separate freeware versions out there along side the payware versions..

For those that downloaded the freeware version available from simviation please download and use this flight model

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?s=&catid=4&nameid=&sort=h&page=1&pp=20&keyid=6603

This version is earmarked by the MASSIVE amount of textures it comes with ( 40 for the P-40E alone ). please use this as a guide.

for the original Iris payware and Freeware that was available from the Iris.com site, please use the original update listed at the beginning of this thread..

and please keep sending feedback..

I promise i will keep sifting through this confusion, and make sure everyone is updated regardless of which package you own..

@butcherbird
dont download the package yet. your version is unique, and it will take me a couple days to get it upgraded, though i promise to make it a priority..

@skyhawka4m
this package may be the one you need. if it fails, I still have all the originalflight models from the payware packages..

and i am SO seriously confused at the moment..
bear with me please..

roger-wilco-66
January 28th, 2013, 11:34
Apparently, there are three versions on Simviation: Kittyhawk, Warhawk and the Whatif-Hawk

see

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=iris+p-40+&categoryId=54

Pam, you're mentioned in the Kitty text :-)

Cheers,
Mark

warchild
January 28th, 2013, 11:43
:::LOL:: Oh joy.. three packages.. this is easy though..
The freeware update download above is for the P-40 Classics package.
Once I have a handle on the Freeware and payware P-40Es, I'll start work on the Mk.1's from the Kittyhawk Mk.1A package.
and after that, you can be sure I'll be updating the twins..

Sieggie
January 28th, 2013, 14:44
The 3 Models are listed as P40, P40T and P40X the T and X came in the what if Classic package and the P40 was in the Kittyhawk package.

Names as originally DLed from Iris

iris_classics_p40x_fsx.exe
iris_p40_fsx.exe

Dave

Butcherbird17
January 28th, 2013, 14:47
Warchild, take your time, as i'm not home right now and don't have access
to my FS rig for another day or so. Plus i need to finish up my paint for the
AoC package P-40E Kittyhawk (Aces of the Commonwealth) and get it uploaded. (will be my first ever):jump:

Joe

warchild
January 28th, 2013, 15:59
The 3 Models are listed as P40, P40T and P40X the T and X came in the what if Classic package and the P40 was in the Kittyhawk package.

Names as originally DLed from Iris

iris_classics_p40x_fsx.exe
iris_p40_fsx.exe

Dave

Yup, those I have. I was unaware that there was a difference between the original exe files and the freeware download from simviation, but theres big ones.. ergo the confusion.. If i hadnt been so unimpressed with the vc textures for the russian version of the p-40 i'd actually be recommending the simviation package as it has a ton of repaints. like i said, 40 for the E alone, and theres foldersin the zip file for E, F, N, and one other i cant remember.. May be worth looking at anyway.. I'll make sure they fly well.. I promise that.

warchild
January 28th, 2013, 16:01
Warchild, take your time, as i'm not home right now and don't have access
to my FS rig for another day or so. Plus i need to finish up my paint for the
AoC package P-40E Kittyhawk (Aces of the Commonwealth) and get it uploaded. (will be my first ever):jump:

Joe

I'm looking forward to it Butcherbird :) :)
If multiplayer in the solomons and northern europe go up, there'll be plenty of places to fly them