PDA

View Full Version : Casey Stoner- one-year contract Triple Eight

wombat666
January 27th, 2013, 09:10
<tbody>
:applause::applause::applause:

After denying the initial reports of a contract being signed one week ago, Casey Stoner has today confirmed a one-year contract with Triple Eight in the Dunlop V8 Supercars development series.
"It is a trial year to see how I go and how I like the sport," said Stoner to The Sunday Telegraph.

The double MotoGP champion is going to drive a Red Bull sponsored Holden Commodore this year and Stoner has given him self 12 months to find out if he has got what it takes.
"We are definitely making a commitment to it, but at the same time we don't want to go too deep in case it is not for us," said Stoner.

Stoner is going to take part in all races of the 2013 season, despite earlier indications of selected races only.
"I was going to do 75 per cent of the races, but I have decided to do them all. I want to get as much time in the seat as I can and try to understand what it is like to drive a V8," said Stoner.

While not racing in the main V8 Supercars championship, Stoner might take part in the legendary Bathurst 1000 race.
"I doubt anyone would want me at Bathurst, but I am not ruling it out. It is every Aussie's dream to drive there," said Stoner.

</tbody>