PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR rule changes..i like

Daveroo
January 27th, 2013, 08:46
its about time they changed this back to the way it should be..

Some Rules Changes in 2013: NASCAR is going back in time with a series of changes related to qualifying and testing. Series officials met with Sprint Cup drivers and crew chiefs Saturday at Talladega Superspeedway to detail next year's changes.
" The top 35 rule, in existence since 2005, will be eliminated. This rule was in place to ensure teams in the top 35 in car owner points (and their sponsors) would be in the race in an era when 50 or more cars were attempting to qualify for races.
" The top 36 positions will be set by qualifying speed with the remaining spots set by provisionals, including a champion's provisional. Provisionals are based on car owner points rankings.
" A random draw will set the qualifying order. The past two seasons, the order was determined by speeds in the first practice session.
" Provisionals for the first three races next year will be based on the final car owner points standings this year instead of the first five races as in previous years.
" Each organization can test at four tracks of its choosing next season where NASCAR competes, the first time teams can do so since 2008. The series' sanctioning body banned testing in 2009, and since then teams could not test at tracks where NASCAR held races, but they could test on other tracks.(USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2012/10/06/nascar-sprint-cup-rule-changes-2013/1617071/))(repost 1-27-2013)

stansdds
January 28th, 2013, 02:44
I agree, sounds like sensible rules changes to me.

Terry
January 28th, 2013, 04:03
They definitely went in the right direction with these changes, they are all needed.