PDA

View Full Version : A2A's Civilian Mustang?

ryanbatc
January 26th, 2013, 13:23
I didn't see a huge thread here like usual... did I miss it? If not, does anyone have it and use it for IFR navigation WITH RXP GNS430W? Does the A/P work alright? Is it default A/P logic (misses turns etc) or its custom and it actually intercepts things properly?

Kiwikat
January 26th, 2013, 13:36
I didn't see a huge thread here like usual... did I miss it? If not, does anyone have it and use it for IFR navigation WITH RXP GNS430W? Does the A/P work alright? Is it default A/P logic (misses turns etc) or its custom and it actually intercepts things properly?

I always use mine with the GNS430W. The A/P works great.

I am shocked you don't own this already. It is easily the second best aircraft for MSFS behind the PMDG NGX. It is A2A's best effort to date, and really makes me look forward to their 172 and Cherokee. If this cost a hundred dollars I would buy it again in a heartbeat. :icon30:

Felixthreeone
January 26th, 2013, 13:55
Nice! Kiwikat, can the rxp unit be integrated into the vc or are you using it as a popup?

Kiwikat
January 26th, 2013, 13:59
It is integrated into the VC but only as a 2D gauge. From the straight-on persepective it looks just fine though. I am hoping A2A will be able to figure out the 3D knobs sometime down the road and put out a patch.

ryanbatc
January 26th, 2013, 14:06
From reading over at the a2a forums it's 2D only... but they managed to make a cfg so it sits on the VC... but as a flat 2D gauge. Can you confirm kiwi?

nm posted same time ;P

Next Q: How good is it without the accusim pack?

Kiwikat
January 26th, 2013, 14:12
Next Q: How good is it without the accusim pack?

No clue. I always buy the accusim pack with the A2A planes. It is well worth the price. Like I said, I'd pay a hundred dollars for it again if I had to.

ryanbatc
January 26th, 2013, 14:14
In that case split the difference and buy me a copy!!! :running:

(Just Kidding... I'll probably buy it today in fact)

N428ER
January 26th, 2013, 17:15
Not worth $100 to me but I'd buy it. :)

griphos
January 27th, 2013, 06:12
Look at it as an Accusim bargain. For the price of one Accusim product, you get two different Accusim planes, since the one Accusim package works on both the military and civ versions.

pilottj
January 27th, 2013, 07:32
It's an awesome airplane. Just remember Ryan, that this isn't a Lancair or Cirrus :)...it is a big warbird taildragger with a big v-12 up front, be ready to be on your toes!:salute::icon_lol: Obey engine and airframe limits, keep an eye on temps, most of all...Enjoy it:icon29: Get the Accusim pack, it really makes you think like a real pilot. It teaches you to look for the little things. You scan instruments, do instrument checks, runups, all for a reason, as you should in real life

Cheers
TJ

N428ER
January 27th, 2013, 08:53
Obey engine and airframe limits, keep an eye on temps

Oh, is that how it's done?

I bothered a few sheep over in NZ for doing the exact opposite of that. And I was questioning why I crashed in a field 3 miles from the airport...