PDA

View Full Version : Dino's F-35B, some questions

NickB
January 25th, 2013, 21:04
I'm just getting back into Flightsim after a forced lay off (hard drive failure) and naval aviation is what's got me interested again. I been trying to land Dino Cattaneo's F-35B on Gary Payne's excellent HMS Invincible. I have had some success when the ship is stationary but usually break the nose wheel. Sometimes after I've landed, the ship will do a little bounce and the nose wheel breaks. Some questions,

Can I strengthen the nose wheel in the aircraft config?
How do I get the aircraft speed in the hover to match the speed of the Invincible?
Can the F-35B land conventionally or is it purely vertical land only?

I have read the manual, have I missed something. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to break another joystick :banghead:.

Cheers.
NickB

cortomalteseit
January 26th, 2013, 00:46
In hover mode, press ctrl+6(num pad) to increase speed and ctrl+4(num pad) to decrease, until match the ship's speed. ;)

heywooood
January 26th, 2013, 06:47
In hover mode, press ctrl+6(num pad) to increase speed and ctrl+4(num pad) to decrease, until match the ship's speed. ;)

I use the air brake "/" key with the VTOL engaged - practice a controlled decent with a 20-30 knot indicated airspeed - then settle onto the ground or deck with minimal vertical descend rate

NickB
January 26th, 2013, 11:38

Thanks very much chaps, that's the bit I needed to know.

Cheers.

NickB

gp183601
January 26th, 2013, 12:10
I know where you're coming from Nick - when I was designing and testing Invincible using the Harrier (UKMil/Sigma) I either bounced too hard, or slid of the deck. I was convinced there was something wrong with the model...until some peops on here and flying stations educated me in the ways of shipboard vertical landing! :icon_lol:

Dino's F-35B is much easier to land once you know how to match speed - and as the guys have mentioned NUM+6 and 4 are the key!
You could try a SRVL approaching the deck as around 60 knots....though that's a little hairier on the tiny deck of an Invincible class!!

I'm trying SRVL testing my QE class model at the moment. (model complete, texturing needed and some static F-35's needed on deck)

Cheers
Gary