PDA

View Full Version : how much does it mater......?

Daveroo
January 22nd, 2013, 13:10
how much does it mater to have several simulators/games installed on the same drive as FSX?..i have a decent to good computer..runs FSX fine,but im doing a through cleaning today and it got me thinking,( yes i know,i shouldnt think,,my hair hurts already) i have tiger woods golf,some war shoot'em up(my great nephew plays it when he's here,i dont),a car racing game,MS train sim,and a second train sim i dont yet understand..and ship simulator,i use them all at differant times cept the second train sim,and the shoot'em up...i have pleanty of disc space left,and i keep it defraged and clean...but..if i were to install a second hard drive into the tower,and put all my extra crap on it..leave FSX on the C:drive..would i get better frame rates or performance?

Felixthreeone
January 22nd, 2013, 13:34
Well Dave, personally I think it won't really matter to framerates, but if you clean it up and do a good defrag it can probably speed up your texture loading...maybe a little

dandog
January 22nd, 2013, 18:21
I second that motion. But I'll add, always try to have 15% of your hard drive empty. That would be the only reason to remove the other prog's. That and a good disk clean and defrag will go a long way to smooth flying (I don't sail). I use CCleaner and Glary Utilities to clean my disk. Then I use Malwarebytes to get rid of any malware. Lastly, run my Mydefrag for file fragmentation. Yes, all of the mentioned software is freeware and works great. I keep my four computers at home running smooth with them. One computer is mine, one is my wife's, and the two others are my kids, ages 12 and 10. Just saying, not the most tech savy people :mixedsmi:.