PDA

View Full Version : Strange chime sound when flying?

OleBoy
January 21st, 2013, 11:56
This is something that has happened before, and recently started. While flying I hear a chime sound. Like something is paused? I've no clue what it is.
When I exit Prepar3D the sound goes away. I tried searching Google and found nothing relevant.

Does anyone know what this sound means? It sounds like two chimes synchronized at different tones and blended together.

Lionheart
January 21st, 2013, 22:42
Odd... I havent heard of this.

I wonder if there is a way to find a Windows log to see what is happening?

cthiggin
January 22nd, 2013, 05:40
Fellows,
I had the same thing happen for about two months, then it just "quit".........never did figure out what it was......(first thought it was REX - when someone d/l's a new profile, you get a ding)
but I simmed without REX being activated and it was still there. Sure wish someone would figure this one out.
Have a blessed day.
Tom

Clutch Cargo
January 22nd, 2013, 07:37
Do you happen to have FSUIPC installed? They added a feature so that when you are close to having an OOM (Out Of Memory) error/crash, it starts ringing a "chime". Could that be your chime?

cthiggin
January 23rd, 2013, 06:52
Cllutch Cargo,
For me, I do have FSUIPC installed. Will check that feature out. Thanks for the heads-up.
cthiggin

CavOk
January 23rd, 2013, 07:43
Yes same here it sounds like FSUIPC warning of an imminent out of memory crash. The cure for me was to exclude FSX and Prpare3d from the fire wall as this can slow your system down. No problems since.