PDA

View Full Version : Help request

gius
January 20th, 2013, 15:03
Hello,
i'm a recent owner of a copy of Fsx, perhaps some of you already knows me, i've made several addons for Cfs2. Now i've intention to produce also some payware scenery for Fsx. Can someone tell me whose programs are needed for this purpose and if there is some tutorial about making Fsx sceneries. I must also tell you that i've recently lost my job, in Italy there is a terrible crisis, and so i'm hoping that my passion for the flight simulators can help me in this difficult situation. I would wish also, from those of you who has pregressed experiences in this field, to have all the suggestions you judge useful.
Thanks to all and GoodBye,
Gius

Meshman
January 20th, 2013, 18:51
If you have the Deluxe version of FSX then you have the SDKs sitting on Disk 1 in a separate folder. The SDKs are not installed with FSX, they must be installed separately. With the SDKs is Gmax, which is a modeling tool for making... things, such as scenery or airplanes. Many tutorials are out there for working with Gmax. A good online site is FSDeveloper.com, where you will find many of similar interest. There is an excellent Wiki article on FSDeveloper about getting the SDKs installed and "matching" to your FSX level of installation.

gius
January 23rd, 2013, 05:48
Many thanks,
i will try to apply your suggestions.

crashaz
January 23rd, 2013, 19:25
FSDeveloper.com is THE first and last word in scenery development. Make sure you get registered so you can join the forums and ask questions. Arno's tools are a must for scenery design. Enjoy! Will be looking for ya!