PDA

View Full Version : FSX Activation Check This Out

uniform7
January 20th, 2013, 04:33
Look What I Found. Worked for me.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/fsx-activation-problem/afc10549-4347-4e1d-8426-9f266c21302f

Daveroo
January 20th, 2013, 08:47
someone from the SOH staff should post this permanantly in a log or thread somewhere on SOH if in fact this works,i have some emails from Uniform i havent yet read to see what all hes done..but if this is indeed a possitive and legal way to fix this issue,it should be saved somewhere on SOH for the future for all.

Do the following steps:
1. Go to start
2. Computer/my computer
3. Local disc (C:)
4. Programmes
5. Microsoft Games
6. Microsoft Flight Simulator X
7. Find fsx.exe (the programme it self)
8. Rightclick on fsx.exe and go to properties
9. Find the menu "Compatibility"
10. Uncheck where it says "Run this programme in compatibility mode for"

in attempting to help Uniform yesterday morning,i found a "crack",which the posters themselves admited was an "illegal mod" ,yet many argued that it wasnt ilegal/wrong to do because MS dropped support,and wont activate re-installs anymore,someone had to do something...so some have done "cracks" ect....but whats posted above makes the most sense if it works...

uniform7
January 20th, 2013, 11:23
Last ditch chance found it last night been flying high since. Even I can walk on water if ya tell me where the rocks are. Couldn't have found it without the help and encouragment of all. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!