PDA

View Full Version : I have a Question

flewpastu
January 19th, 2013, 13:51
I am trying to re-locate an object in a mission that can be moved. My problem is the coordintes in the XML file are alot different than the gps coordinates or the Map that comes with FSX or the popup GPS. Heres an example. The coordinates in the xml file read this way <WorldPosition>N51° 4' 20.66",W124° 59' 14.08",+000126.75</WorldPosition>. But if you use gps or in game map they only have the following N51° 4' ,W124° 59' . The last 4 numbers on the Lat And Long are not in the gps or map. Is there a program that will give the exact coordinates available so I can move the objects. The mission is Scar Creek mission that I downloaded from Hovercontrol.com and what I am trying to move is the Bladder and Gas bottles from the lake to HC8B wich is a couple hundred feet up and about a half a mile away. Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

Bill

Meshman
January 19th, 2013, 17:18
Is there a program that will give the exact coordinates available so I can move the objects.

Here; http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5

TCalcX 003 will give you decimal degree to about 14 (?) digit precision. Converting from Hours, Minutes, etc would take a bit to match up.