PDA

View Full Version : HU for Win 7 64 bit + FSX users

Tako_Kichi
January 18th, 2013, 11:49
I ran into FSX lock up issues yesterday while flying a leg in the 2013 RTWR practice session. As it happened Rachael (Firekitten) was on TS and she asked if I had a specific file installed on my system as there was a known issue with FSX and Win 7 64 bit. I checked and didn't have the file so went and grabbed it and lo and behold FSX now runs as smooth as silk where before I would get some micro-stutters from time to time.

The file in question is UIAutomationCore.dll and you can download it from here:

http://www.dllme.com/dll/files/uiaut...ncore_dll.html (http://www.dllme.com/dll/files/uiautomationcore_dll.html)

When you have it downloaded you need to put one copy in your 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64' folder (if you are running Win 7 64 bit) and one copy in your FSX root folder.

If you Google 'UIAutomationCore' there is a lot of info about why you need it but apparently it was a file that was left out of the Win 7 system as it was thought to be no longer required.

I'm not sure if the same applies to the 32 bit Win 7 OS but I assume it might be the same situation there too.

OleBoy
January 18th, 2013, 12:38
UIAutomationCore.dll is in the folder you mention. I'm also running w7/64. Maybe it got installed there via P3D. So those with P3D installed may have it already.
I noticed that UIAutomationCore.dll is not in the P3D folder. As a test I dropped a copy in the root to see what happens. Likely it will blow up. :icon_lol:

I think your post, Larry, should go in the FSX "Tweaks" forum. Maybe as a "sticky"?

EDIT: P3D did not crash, so this is a plus.

FlameOut
January 18th, 2013, 14:03
I already have it and I do not have P3D. :mixedsmi:

rayhere48
January 18th, 2013, 14:31
I had it in sys, and copied over to FSX. Hope that is ok. So far so good. The version in sys64 was the newest version.

falcon409
January 18th, 2013, 15:22
Saw it posted in the FS9 forums a few weeks ago and took care of it.:salute:

robert41
January 18th, 2013, 16:40
Read somethings about this dll file. I checked and have it in my WOW folder, but not in my FSX folder. Although I do not have many performance probems, I'll add it to the FSX folder and see what happens.

PutPut
January 18th, 2013, 18:49
I had it in Win 7 but not FSX so I copied it over. First, it did not crash:jump: and I do believe it has eliminated some stutters that always occured when I flew over the same terrain.:icon29:

Best, Paul

fxsttcb
January 19th, 2013, 05:51
If you are getting UIAutomationcore.dll errors, put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 (http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w) or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52676345/UIAutomationCore.place_in_fsx_root.dll) in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs. Try one, if it works, great, if not, try the other. These are the ones that are known to work, either/or, on various systems.
These are early Vista files and overcome a recode for Vista's last set of updates and Win 7. They should not be used to "replace" System32 or SysWow64 originals. Doing so can break other apps that rely on the Windows 7 recode.
The v 6.0.6001.18000 needs to be unzipped first, and the v 6.0.5840.16386 is the file itself and needs renaming to UIAutomationcore.dll...Don

OleBoy
January 19th, 2013, 07:04
UIAutomationCore.dll is in the folder you mention. I'm also running w7/64. Maybe it got installed there via P3D. So those with P3D installed may have it already.
I noticed that UIAutomationCore.dll is not in the P3D folder. As a test I dropped a copy in the root to see what happens. Likely it will blow up. :icon_lol:

I think your post, Larry, should go in the FSX "Tweaks" forum. Maybe as a "sticky"?

EDIT: P3D did not crash, so this is a plus.

Update: UIAutomationCore.dll caused P3D to to flat LOCK the computer with a black screen. I was forced to restart the PC. I took the UIAutomationCore.dll out of the Prepar3D folder, and everything works again. I'll stick to: If it works, DON'T fix it! :icon_lol: