PDA

View Full Version : My name is no longer red because.....

Barnes
January 18th, 2013, 10:17
........... as much as i think SOH is a fantastic community - i have been finding that i have been enjoying other simulations and games far more over the last few months compared to flight Sim X.

So i have decided, rather than to rush and buy every thing launched by so many wonderful devs, and hang on every word from the great people on this forum, im going to give FSX a long break after more than 7years visiting this site as GAJIT and more recently BARNES.

Thanks to all of you who have been encouraging re my repaints, those who have been polite in their disagreements with me and for all the encouragment.

Long live SOH and all who dance the virtual skys on laugher silvered wings to quote the pilots poem.

Happy landings.

Regards Gareth

ryanbatc
January 18th, 2013, 10:21
You'll probably get back into again... I always go in spurts with my games.

Have fun!

warchild
January 18th, 2013, 11:18
Good luck Gareth, and enjoy :).. I hope I see you again on here,but when your ready.
take care..
pam

tommieboy
January 18th, 2013, 11:32
.....I'm going to give FSX a long break after more than 7years visiting this site.....

You're not the only one thinking of taking a long break from FSX....I might be pulling the plug on computer gaming for rest of the year.

Tommy

Bone
January 18th, 2013, 11:50
I wondered where "Gajit" went off to. I took a break from FSX from early September to about 3 weeks ago...just couldn't stomach any simming at all. There would be times I fired up FSX, but couldn't get past the intro menu. I've only simmed a few times in the last few weeks, mainly with the Milviz F-86 to see how it turned out. My sim hiatus took me out of the Beta testing for the F-86 when it was on it's last stretch, so I missed out on the finer things of the model. Good Luck!

peter12213
January 18th, 2013, 12:19
I didn't realise that was you Gareth lol!:wavey:

OleBoy
January 18th, 2013, 12:27
If "Gajit" left the room, he should have turned off the lights and locked the door. The door is still open so I will comment.
About mid year last my "interest" in flight simulator was repainting. I latched onto those that raised a spark and ran with them till it fizzled. Honestly, the whole of 2012 was samo-samo.
Roughly 4-5 months ago I decided it was time for a change. That was when I moved on to Prepar3D, and changed my drives to SSD. I was needing something to retain my enthusiasm and involvement. Here I am. Fizzled. The community involvement as a whole has changed. I realize why. I'll leave it at that.

I've been a member here for quite sometime. SOH is the only flightsim community I know. Or wished I knew. More members that is.
Something that surprises me about the members here is that very few of them use TeamSpeak. I don't understand why. Teamspeak is a great way to communicate with people all over the world. To get to know each other. To laugh and have fun. To learn, and grow as a community should like any hobby. Microphones are fairly cheap. Buy one. Try it. You may come to enjoy it.

As of lately my interests have turned to the heart of what make the visuals we see in that virtual world. I'm trying to learn to create a model. Hopefully this form of art will pull me in.

Gajit, fly away. Be free. Whatever it is you decide to do, :wavey:

TuFun
January 18th, 2013, 13:42
I've been contemplating this myself for few months now. I haven't done much simming or making movies like I use too. Started repainting some aircraft, but just can't sit there for hours on the computer. Only fire up FSX to check my repaints and effects coding. All new stuff to me, but keeps me in the game. In time I'll have a nice beauty for you all to fly... a rebirth you might say of one of Milton's birds!

mike_cyul
January 18th, 2013, 14:00
I think every hobby gets a little dry after a few years, and it's good to give it a break. A hobby's not a hobby if you have to force yourself to do it. Look at me, I took a year and a half off from making aircraft. But, after that time off, and trying a bunch of other games and simulators, I came back, refreshed as well, because there really isn't anything as good as FSX for true flying, in my humble opinion.

Mike

mmann
January 18th, 2013, 18:35
I know what it is like to lose enthusiasm not only for FSX, but the internet as well. I had no internet connection for a year and have just gotten hooked up again this month. I did do some modeling in the past year so 3ds Max got a fairly good work out!

Best of luck in your sabbatical, Gareth.

jankees
January 18th, 2013, 21:53
It is always good to take a step back from time to time. I do so too, sometimes enforced when my work sends me abroad, sometimes because...well, just because. Nearing such a point again too.
Gareth, have fun, and maybe we'll see you again, here, or someplace else.