PDA

View Full Version : Any interest here for DCS?

Navy Chief
January 18th, 2013, 07:07
I know very little about DCS, other than the base sim is free to download. Is it graphically superior, or comparable to FSX or P3D?

Am a little surprised there isn't a forum for DCS...

NC

jrbirdman
January 18th, 2013, 07:40
I can honestly say it is superior not only graphically, but performance wise as well. It gets great frames and is visually stunning!! The downside is that you only get 1 or 2 planes to start with and the rest you have to buy and there is no TRUE free flight. The aircraft are very realistic in their performace and visuals. Real start in this sim is imperative. It takes time but eventually you get used to it. I would say give it a shot and see what you think. Best regards, Jeremy

Navy Chief
January 18th, 2013, 08:10
I can honestly say it is superior not only graphically, but performance wise as well. It gets great frames and is visually stunning!! The downside is that you only get 1 or 2 planes to start with and the rest you have to buy and there is no TRUE free flight. The aircraft are very realistic in their performace and visuals. Real start in this sim is imperative. It takes time but eventually you get used to it. I would say give it a shot and see what you think. Best regards, Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. I haven't downloaded the files yet. Will try to soon. Pete

jrbirdman
January 18th, 2013, 08:19
No problem. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll do what I can to help. Until then, happy flying! Best regards, Jeremy

pfflyers
January 18th, 2013, 10:52
A couple of reasons why DCS has not caught on more with simmers is that it is geared almost exclusively toward military operations and the DCS "world" is quite small geographically compared to what most of us are used to.

Many of us are hoping they might expand on both of those.

fox18delta
January 18th, 2013, 14:54
Hi
I've read much about DCS, and would like to give a try...but I don't know a thing about what to download.

I have found this page:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?ProductId=21&end_pos=137&scr=product&lang=en

How many of these downloads do I need to get the free basepack with two aircraft ?
Thanks for your help.
paul

Javis
January 18th, 2013, 16:53
I have been watching this thing too for quite a while. What the heck, just installed it and now downloading the SU-25 training mission.

Paul, you need to download all 4 files at the bottom of the page, i.e. the -69.exe and 69-1.bin to 69-3.bin. You have a choice to either download from FTP or HTTP USA or Germany depending on where you live. For me HTTP Germany worked best.

Haven't played yet but from looking at the videos i am not too sure about DCS being graphically far superior to FSX... ( that means FSX with all bells and whistles added )

The P-51 VC sure looks nice but will it really supercede the A2A Accusimmed P-51 VC ?..... For one thing, i don't see any mainpanel vibration at start-up and/or low rpm in the DCS P-51 VC. I even think the whole A2A P-51 cockpit looks more realistic than the DCS P-51 office.

SU training has finished downloading, lets see now... Might buy the DCS P-51 depending on my exitement ratio... :cool:

pilottj
January 18th, 2013, 17:44
how are DCS planes systems wise?

Does the DCS P-51 require the pilot monitor engine temps, airspeed limitations...etc? Are the aircraft's non weapon systems simulated like that of the A2A P-51?

Victory103
January 18th, 2013, 22:25
I fly the DCS A-10C and can just add this, if you want a known "hard-core" military sim, then the entire DCS series might be for you. If you have flown LOMAC, Falcon4, and Janes F18SH in the past, you will enjoy the sim. When much of the same coding on DCS A-10 was used in a real world USAF contracted version, that was one of many selling points. DCS World is the next step. Many cpu systems that struggle with FSX, have no issues with this sim.

Here is where DCS World is going in the near future: (sorry a bit long)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WBGLb98zkFQ

Cirrus N210MS
January 19th, 2013, 07:11
i have DCS world its great fun